JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im pretty upset about this. in my opinion(flame me all u want) its one thing to responsibly have A drink while youre carrying but to be drunk is downright idiotic. F-that guy man. what we wont hear about is how ALCOHOL CAUSED THIS. this guys judgement was impaired due to ALCOHOL. instead, they'll blame the gun because its 'easy.'

I wonder how many guns out there will fire when they're dropped? Seems to me most guns today are designed not to do that. I call B.S.

Yep, that would be guess too. Somehow, he pulled the trigger... whether he was messing around with the pistol during the movie, or somehow, the gun fell out of the holster and he squeezed the trigger while trying to keep it from dropping. Negligent.

^True. Sorry, titled the thread after the initial news report which (of course) had incomplete info.

Latest investigation says that the man involved was a concealed carry permit holder. Dammit.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ie-theater-shooter-had-gun-permit-police-say/

Other important detail: the man's father in Newcastle called 911, not the man himself, and police went to Newcastle to arrest the guy.

So I expected this to be a 21-23 year old or a 60+ year old.
Sounds like just a drunk fool.
Guns and alcohol never mix.

It's a bad stamp on gun owners and will be another incident to fuel the liberal fire.

I hope this guy goes to jail for a long time. His stupidity will affect an entire nation.

And then to not offer aid and just split like a coward.
I hate these stories. But we hear tem more and more.

It's the one thing that worries me with hoards of people now getting gun permits and guns. It's great the numbers are growing but so will the stories like this.

It's a bad stamp on gun owners and will be another incident to fuel the liberal fire.

I hope this guy goes to jail for a long time. His stupidity will affect an entire nation.

It's the one thing that worries me with hoards of people now getting gun permits and guns. It's great the numbers are growing but so will the stories like this.

Probably the best thing we can do as the gun community is to support prosecution of those that do such stupid things. But that said, I'd rather that gun owners just act responsibly in the first damn place. We don't need morons like this in our midst.

i drink alcohol and i think its safe to say that nothing mixes well with alcohol. except for pool. im a much better pool player when im buzzin.:D

edit: oh and bowling too

Poor victim, hope she recovers and sues the idiot for all he's worth now and in the future.

BTW, Thought they had a policy to prevent idiots from discharging guns in the Theatre needlessly or to intentionally do harm.

I want to know if this guy was Legal to CC. I'll be xtra ticked off if he was.
upload_2016-1-22_18-9-38.png

29 YO CC and his family reported him. "You big DUmmy!" as Fred Sanford would say. Too bad, I like movies but not so much being in a theatre with strangers these days. The good news, he'll never legally carry again and spend a good deal of time in the gray bar hotel. This type of crap deserves 0 tolerance.

Brutus Out

More leanient laws for all and harsher penalties for offenders; make the punishment closer to suiting the crime then all these mandatory minimum and maximum bs rules they have set up now IMO.

In all aspects of society, drunk driving, or any other action that causes damage to another's life should be punished appropriately.

More people with guns is a good thing - lack of even basic training laws, such as a drivers license has, should be the focus. Let's face it, a ton of parents have not taught their, now grown, children how to handle firearms safely and practices for 6 months to a year...

There will be a lot of acidental/negligent discharges to start maybe but not if people are given basic training and we punish idiots like the story's villain severely for what was totally preventable in any reasonable situation.

This guy was living at home with his parents. I know it's a pretty common thing nowadays because of the economy, but you makes you think HMMMMMMMMM.

It seems like a lot of 20 somethings these days are just not mentally competent to be successful in life, let alone be trusted with the responsibility of having a gun. But just to prove that all new gun owners aren't dumb, a good friend of mine (age 32) just recently became a gun owner and the first thing he did after purchasing his first pistol was to sign up for a safety class AND apply for a concealed carry permit.

The comment section on the Seattle Times article is already filled with the usual anti-gun talking points. Ban all handguns. More gun free zones. Sue the NRA. All gun owners are incompetent or have a smell p*nis.

Sheesh.

This guy is an F-ing idiot. The link in #25 says he threw the mag in a garbage can at the theater and after he was home his wife found his 9mm in the driveway, this guy is brilliant. This is going to sound completely wrong, but in a weird kinda way I'm almost glad this happened so that this idiot doesn't actually kill someone and is now removed from the gene pool. This requires major punishment, no excuses, this idiot is completely defenseless and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He is a 29 year old adult who as a law abiding citizen made several very bad decisions in a row and because of those decisions is now in a world of sh!t. No different than drunk driving or bank robbing or any other illegal activity and should be considered as such, however, I'm sure it won't be and all who have a CCL will be the problem. I hope the injured woman makes a full recovery and this idiot has to spend a lot of time facing up to what he has done, absolutely no sympathy from me in any way shape or form, Period.

Kinda weird they haven't released his identity.
So he was 29 with a wife living with his parents.
I'm guessing not all this guys screws were fastened too tight.
And the fact that he was stumbling drunk.
So did he walk to the theater or drive?

Thankfully his family had the smarts to turn him in.

I'll be interested to learn more about this guy.

There was a thread on here a while back about a member seeing a guy drinking at a bar at applebees and saw him remove his gun and put it in a different pocket.
I commented on my disgust of that and that I would have called the cops on him.

And man did some of the guys on here blast me.
But situations like this is why there's no room for us to cut other gun owners slack.
You either be a positive, safety minded gun owner or you shouldn't own guns.

Im pretty upset about this. in my opinion(flame me all u want) its one thing to responsibly have A drink while youre carrying but to be drunk is downright idiotic. F-that guy man. what we wont hear about is how ALCOHOL CAUSED THIS. this guys judgement was impaired due to ALCOHOL. instead, they'll blame the gun because its 'easy.'
Exactly. If he had run her over in the parking lot on the way in it wouldn't be on CNN.

Not to make light of the lady's condition, and not to imply that this guy shouldn't get serious jail time for this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top