JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finger fumble...stupid any way it plays out. I hope this person come out with the truth. IMO, dropped guns do not fire, they bounce. Come clean man, get it over with y

Finger fumble...stupid, any way it plays out. I hope this person can come out with the truth. IMO, dropped guns do not fire, they bounce. Come clean man, get it over with, tell the truth and don't do stupid stuff...see the cost!!!! I attended 3 courses prior to applying for my CPL...safety, how to shoot, when to shoot and what will happen next...all very valuable. I would be in favor of an alteration to our 'must issue' guidelines in WA ST; some training would be very valuable, case it point, poor woman, untrained gun carrier, tradegy.

Finger fumble...stupid, any way it plays out. I hope this person can come out with the truth. IMO, dropped guns do not fire, they bounce. Come clean man, get it over with, tell the truth and don't do stupid stuff...see the cost!!!! I attended 3 courses prior to applying for my CPL...safety, how to shoot, when to shoot and what will happen next...all very valuable. I would be in favor of an alteration to our 'must issue' guidelines in WA ST; some training would be very valuable, case it point, poor woman, untrained gun carrier, tradegy.

i wouldn't be for that, it would have done nothing to prevent some drunk from doing this, the issue here is the alcohol, not the gun training, it's like saying we need to train drunk drivers better so they don't crash so often...

even if you choose to ignore that, I'm not for putting another hurdle to stop people from defending themselves because of this "something must be done" about everything philosophy, let me ask you a question, how often does a legal concealed carrier get drunk and fumble around with his handgun in public only to end up shooting some poor innocent person by accident?

i'm willing to bet this is a very VERY rare instance we have here...

i wouldn't be for that, it would have done nothing to prevent some drunk from doing this, the issue here is the alcohol, not the gun training, it's like saying we need to train drunk drivers better so they don't crash so often...

even if you choose to ignore that, I'm not for putting another hurdle to stop people from defending themselves because of this "something must be done" about everything philosophy, let me ask you a question, how often does a legal concealed carrier get drunk and fumble around with his handgun in public only to end up shooting some poor innocent person by accident?

Agreed! It's very rare.

That being said, I wish WA state would offer subsidized training for anyone who applies for a concealed carry license and is approved. How great would that be in ensuring both safety for gun owners and the public?

Of course, anti-gunners would whine to high noon about tax payer dollars being used for people learning how to safely handle "TOOLS OF DEATH"...

Glad the piece wasn't still in his pants, lest he go off half-cocked. So to speak.
So much for "law abiding".

Don't know about anybody else, but I was advised at the time of licensure, back in 1984, to not carry when imbibing in adult beverages.

Gallion, Dane E Defendant King County District 216002138 01-23-2016

Y'know just because a person has a gun doesn't make them automatically "law abiding". They might just be more properly described as "not caught yet". :cool:

i drink alcohol and i think its safe to say that nothing mixes well with alcohol. except for pool. im a much better pool player when im buzzin.:D

edit: oh and bowling too

I do some of my best driving when I'm drinking, in video games.

You should try that approach while playing with an old pre-ban set of lawn darts! ;)

And the rare instance, rare or not, takes a life??? Bet your life, not others; take a course in safety.

Obviously, you have never had a gun safety/training course. You should have one before the next time you get drunk and play with your gun....it doesn't happen safely.

And the rare instance, rare or not, takes a life??? Bet your life, not others; take a course in safety.

Obviously, you have never had a gun safety/training course. You should have one before the next time you get drunk and play with your gun....it doesn't happen safely.
Where do you get that idea? Seriously, I'm not following your logic.

It had to do with the thinking of a contributor a few posts before regarding a woman shot by a man at a Renton movie theater. I was advocating for him to take a safety course.

i think the question was, how do you know i haven't done course work before?

I'm not big on internet bravdo or chest thumping, so I've decide to ignore your comment instead of writing some novel explaining my position and what i have or have not done.

i will say, i made the attempt last night but after looking at it, i just realized how stupid it was to even bother arguing my points...i stated what i believe, you are welcome to disagree if you'd like... i'll just leave it at that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top