JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I passed a CHL Class last week and thought I had better make an appointment with Clackamas County to process my application. I was aware that there would be a delay in receiving my license due to their workload. What I didn't expect was the wait to get an appointment. The soonest appointment was about 45 days out...Ouch! Thought I was pretty tuned in but must have missed it, if that info was posted by others. The Utah permit process no longer seems so long now! Might get them both about the same time? :(

Man, that's ridiculous. It'd be nice to get a bill passed that required counties to abide by reasonable time limits.

They almost laughed at me when I called to setup an appointment in Marion County. They made one for me but had some open same dy and said that they could take walk-ins no problem. Utah does seem short compared to the wait of 45 days to apply and then another 40 to get the license.

That is very true most states. The county sheriff has to have the paper work in to the the state office with in a certain amount of time and u r supposed to have your card with 90 days as long as there are no problems with your background check. I live in jefferson county and I walked in with no appointment and recieved mine back in 6 days. My buddy did the same thing and he got his back in 14 days. So it all depends on the county in which u live. Sorry u guys have to wait so long!!!!!!!

Just go in, hand them money and the paperwork. They'll print you.

You don't need to make an appointment. :) A friend of mine JUST went and got his last week. Went in, gave the paperwork and paid, they fingerprinted him, and said 30 days. :)

They almost laughed at me when I called to setup an appointment in Marion County. They made one for me but had some open same dy and said that they could take walk-ins no problem. Utah does seem short compared to the wait of 45 days to apply and then another 40 to get the license.

What? I took my Utah class in Jan. Turned my paperwork in a week later. Got my Utah CC permit last tues. (5+ months)

Took the class on 3/21 and immediately made an appt. Appt was 5/11 and am awaiting the permit inthe mail. Was told to allow up to 6 weeks. If they took a walk-in, I am VERY surprised, unless it was a renewal.

Getting a CPL or buying a hand gun with your CPL is very pain less in Washington state.
I renewed mine about a month ago and all i did was walk into the local sheriffs office and filled out a couple of forms and paid my 32.00 and it came a week later in the mail.
as for buying a gun, all I do is fill out the 2 forms they give you, hand them my CPL and drivers Lic. and they call it in to NICS and about 5 minutes later they come back and tell me I passed the back ground check.
I pay them and walk out the door with my new gun.
easy as pie.
:winkkiss::winkkiss::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Well, we shall see how fast Thurston County are at new permit issuing. After a couple visits some time ago when they either had a crush on, or their computers were down, I walked in last week and in about twenty minutes filled out the paperwork, had the prints done, handed them the check and pre-addressed envelope, and walked back out. He said thirty days plus/minus a couple. I'll know in a month... last few times I've bought a pistol through an FFL Dealer, the check with the sheriffs came back in less than a day. Maybe I'm getting famous down there? Main reason I'm wanting the CPL is all the stupid beaurocratic rules and regs that get sidestepped once that ticket is in my pocket. I could forget one silly little detail (like throw the gun and a box of shells into the monkeybox and forget to lock it.. or be in a car without one. But, being able to carry nearly everywhere and all the time will be good.... although if it weren't for all the foolishness and panic-driven "guns are evil" hate-speech, I'd just strap one on my waist and go about my business.

dont get me wrong oregon sucks
its just not as bad as little cali oh i mean washington...

Having lived in Minnesota, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, and Ohio before moving to Oregon, I believe Oregon is as close to heaven as exists in these United States when it comes to firearms and overall quality of life. Now if Montana and Texas follow through on their threat to secede over states rights issues, I may have to rethink my residence status if Oregon doesn't follow along, but I don't really think that is likely to happen soon.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top