JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I would be remiss as an ex history teacher not to say that although the creation of the 2A was made to benefit and protect many aspects of American society against Tyranny, it was also considered a strong tool in Southern states to protect their property from federal intrusion as they saw it. It would be ignoring many clear historical precedence to say that the 2A had no benefit or use in creating a protection of property (slaves) against any kind of federal over reach (as seen by the south), clearly the Civil War is an obvious outcome to point to.

Although this particular source I doubt has the historical nuance necessary to expand on the interactions between 2A and slavery.
Plenty of good research papers and books out there on those subjects and more if one were interested in it.

I would be remiss as an ex history teacher not to say that although the creation of the 2A was made to benefit and protect many aspects of American society against Tyranny, it was also considered a strong tool in Southern states to protect their property from federal intrusion as they saw it. It would be ignoring many clear historical precedence to say that the 2A had no benefit or use in creating a protection of property (slaves) against any kind of federal over reach (as seen by the south), clearly the Civil War is an obvious outcome to point to.

Although this particular source I doubt has the historical nuance necessary to expand on the interactions between 2A and slavery.
Plenty of good research papers and books out there on those subjects and more if one were interested in it.
Sadly morons like the one who tossed this out would NEVER allow the facts to get past the brain. She does not want to know the truth. Just like the people that supposedly hacked her account and put that anti gay slur stuff up.

Sadly morons like the one who tossed this out would NEVER allow the facts to get past the brain. She does not want to know the truth. Just like the people that supposedly hacked her account and put that anti gay slur stuff up.
I personally would not put any historical stock in a day time television show.

If there was one thing I learned while teaching history it was that the truth is multi sided concept often established and elaborated by those who write it and from which perspective society allows them to write it from.

Obviously, it's because I wasn't exposed to CRT when I went to school.

BUT.....I did learn this.
Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

Rrrrright.
I-want-to-believe-2.jpg

Aloha, Mark

So... 2A is "pro-slavery"/"racist" but gun control laws are also "racist" (especially GCA1968 with its "pesky prohibited person class and background checks")?

Uhm. Hum. Hmm. Yeah... I don't see where in the 2nd Amendment itself does it say the right of the free white men and slaveowners to keep and bear arms... although it does says "the people" :rolleyes:

Then again... some people seem to think the Constitution as a whole was written to protect slavery and racism.

It's about the different TRUTHs.
Reject_Reality_and_Substitue.jpg

To that end.....
I doubt that the FB Fact Checkers will do anything about her version of the TRUTH.

Aloha, Mark

... people here watch The View? Lol

This victimhood mindset is the real pandemic, it has already infected the masses and destroyed untold amounts of lives.

Too bad there is no cure for dumb, lazy, or entitled.

-Robert

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews