JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Strange question, but aren't blind people included in the 2nd amendment? Wouldn't it be against their civil rights to be disallowed the right to keep and bear (and purchase) a firearm?

Strange question, but aren't blind people included in the 2nd amendment? Wouldn't it be against their civil rights to be disallowed the right to keep and bear (and purchase) a firearm?
If the "blind" are not included its news to me. One thing you have to remember is the definition of blind, legally blind. My vision is so bad if they could not correct it I would be "legally blind". I can see well enough to shoot at in the home type range with no correction. I practice this every so often just in case. Now if someone is actually totally blind, to the point they can't see to fill out the 4473? I can see this making an FFL have pause. Especially if someone who really is blind, in that they can not see to fill out the forms is trying to buy a rifle. The dealer would have no choice but to wonder, is this person buying this gun for someone else?

A blind person can buy a car, and an archery set up. What if the person was poor, 95 years old, blind and had no hands?
Are they still considered part of "We the people". or do they not count?

What if they were a billionaire, 95 and blind and had no hands?

A blind person can buy a car, and an archery set up. What if the person was poor, 95 years old, blind and had no hands?
Are they still considered part of "We the people". or do they not count?

What if they were a billionaire, 95 and blind and had no hands?
I must be missing something here. Where are you seeing blind people being told they can't buy a gun? Are you just making this up? If not where did you read about a blind person being told they can not legally buy a gun?
As for buying a car I did not know you had to pass a background check to buy a car. where the dealer who runs you has to be sure you are not straw buying the car for someone else? Is this also something you made up? Did someone tell you this was happening?

No, I just wanted to see how and what people thought about it.
I wanted to present it and let people see for themselves, the intricacies of the legalities involved when individuals civil rights are concerned in unusual circumstances.
I posited it as a question to plant it in the readers mind and get them to think about it.

Blindness is a spectrum, from politically all the way to completely unable to see anything.

In the same vein, deafness is also a spectrum..

And intelligence too.

Other disabilities depends greatly on just what they are.

Nowhere in the 2A does it say "only able-bodied" People... but the Militia Act of 1792 and onwards, to the Selective Service.. does have restrictions on who may be eligible to serve in a capacity of being Militia members or military members.

With that said.. the People, all of them do have an innate Right to self defense to protect their own lives.

Little known fact.. Stephen Hawking had a device fabricated onto his wheelchair that'd kick you square in the nuts with a twitch of his one remaining eye muscle.

Not really but probably.

Since we now commonly use drones/ remote machines for war, I predict them being used by private parties for security/ defense, autonomous or otherwise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top