JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HiPoints... they're boxy but they're good. Lol. If you are on a tight budget well, there you go. When I picked up their 45acp pistol I felt like I was holding a large potato. I'm not saying that I didn't like it and one day I will add one to the collection but I was looking for something IWB at the time. I do like their 45acp carbine. The turn off is the ten round mag. I compare it to the old Thompson i used to have. I had modified a bunch of 30 round M3A1 (grease gun) mags to fit it so I was a bit spoiled in that regard.
They do offer an outstanding warranty though. While others like to pick them apart, many swear by their HiPoints.
The rifles have been great from day one. Back when they looked like those rifles from the original Planet of the Apes movie they were around $150. The only real down side was those damn proprietary mags. Pro mag has long made a 15 round for them. Like everything Pro mag makes they get mixed results. A newer company named Red Ball now makes a 20 round mag for them. It is supposed to be far better made. Odd looking things but they are supposed to work. Even at $300 they are a hell of a nice PCC for what you're paying for them.

I had one of their .45 acp pistols that I inherited from my dad. One of the few I have inherited that's gone. Jamomatic and ugly. The lifetime warranties on cheap firearms their betting you don't shoot much or will get tired of sending them in. CZ has a 5 year warranty but you won't need it . Even if you shoot a lot. Most inexpensive firearms I've owned have went back for repair. Not a fun process. Mabey I got their only lemon.

Funny video, but imo the reasons for owning a hi-point are negated by investing thousands of dollars in upgrading them to a level that is comparable to an unmodded $800 gun.
I do like those dynamic pie videos though- the one about tactical mag flips cracked me up!

Funny video, but imo the reasons for owning a hi-point are negated by investing thousands of dollars in upgrading them to a level that is comparable to an unmodded $800 gun.
I do like those dynamic pie videos though- the one about tactical mag flips cracked me up!

I have to assume those guys did that as a lark, not something they really expect others to want to do. It looks like some guys with a lot of time and cash on hand that were just trying to be humorous.

I have to assume those guys did that as a lark, not something they really expect others to want to do. It looks like some guys with a lot of time and cash on hand that were just trying to be humorous.

If I had to bet I'm guessing that they didn't pay for a dime of that. It's not what you know it's who you know. The $4300 is probably what it would have cost if they had to pay for it.

Because to me no man in his right mind would spend that much money on a turd :eek:

Oh yeah most definitely. But since we were discussing the merits of doing something like that for real I just thought I would chime in.

If I had to bet I'm guessing that they didn't pay for a dime of that. It's not what you know it's who you know. The $4300 is probably what it would have cost if they had to pay for it.

Because to me no man in his right mind would spend that much money on a turd :eek:
I'm not convinced that they didn't pull the number out of the air for comedic effect.

That's too blingy for me. On another note, I wouldn't own a hi point unless someone offered one to me for $50. However, I've had very good experiences shooting 2 different hi points. Very accurate and reliable.

I actually have a Hipoint. I paid $125.00 for it (prebackground check) nearly unused, which is at least $35.00 more than I thought it's worth but thought justified by the 200 rounds of ammo, holster, regular mag and two extended mag, plus box.
It will shoot real accurate, three rounds in a row right as rain, no matter which mag, then it stovepipes.
Every time.
68% of me now thinks it's true value is $14.00. (Just to be kind)
It would be 100% if not for two reasons:
1. Its a great training tool whilst teaching new to the sport souls on how to clear jambs. Seriously.
Hands on jamb clearing beats vague explanations every time, and they'll get a lot of it.
2. It saves money in rounds while teaching new to the sport souls since it prevents them from blowing through fully loaded mag's in rapid fire.
So I'm keeping it until I'm no longer needed or able to instruct.

I actually have a Hipoint. I paid $125.00 for it (prebackground check) nearly unused, which is at least $35.00 more than I thought it's worth but thought justified by the 200 rounds of ammo, holster, regular mag and two extended mag, plus box.
It will shoot real accurate, three rounds in a row right as rain, no matter which mag, then it stovepipes.
Every time.
68% of me now thinks it's true value is $14.00. (Just to be kind)
It would be 100% if not for two reasons:
1. Its a great training tool whilst teaching new to the sport souls on how to clear jambs. Seriously.
Hands on jamb clearing beats vague explanations every time, and they'll get a lot of it.
2. It saves money in rounds while teaching new to the sport souls since it prevents them from blowing through fully loaded mag's in rapid fire.
So I'm keeping it until I'm no longer needed or able to instruct.

Ya but it's got a lifetime warranty :D Must have the one I got rid of.

Didn't somebody just spend 1.2 Billion on an election? Just saying.

In all seriousness, Hi-Points may be a decent value for the money but I am at a point in life where I can afford better and I am choosing to focus on quality rather than quantity. What I will say about them is that if you are in the market for a $150 pot-metal, blowback-operated 9mm with a 10 round capacity that weighs 39 ounces, the Hi-Point is a FAR better option than a Jennings, Bryco, Davis or Lorcin. Since I am not, and never will be, in the market for such a weapon, its superior value compared to those other choices is simply irrelevant.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top