JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NO..... your original post wasn't about F/A. But it was about magazine jam/malfunction issues and training.

My last post was meant to expand on the "magazine jam/malfunction" issue. And YES, a magazine jam/malfunction issue can also occur in semi-auto firing.

I'd guess.....that YOU know how to approach that issue too. GRANTED that you teach.

But then, by the same token......maybe for some readers.....it hasn't crossed their mind. Nor maybe....have they thought/practiced how to quickly clear the jam/malfunction and get back into the fight (if/when it occurs to them).

BTW.....your sarcastic post/tone (post #21) was NOT lost to me. With that....I leave you. So that you could attempt to sell more of your courses/training.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
The subject matter of this thread has nothing to do with semi-auto or full-auto, or the type of magazine malfunction shown in the video.

Nor is it about an attempt to sell more of my courses/training, it is about a point of instruction that gets little to no attention in the the big picture of weapon manipulations.

I hold no ill will toward you...be well.

Related, a couple weekends ago my friend and I were plinking and he picked up my rifle, inserted a full mag and the bolt closed, but chambered no round. Pulled the charging handle again, chambered no round. Handed off to me and it turned out the magazine got jammed so hard in the mag well, it could no longer move up further, nor be removed. The solution was to separate the upper/lower, remove the mag catch with magazine still inserted and essentially beat the magazine out of the lower.

It was a Magpul gen 2 the was stored loaded for well over a year and likely spread itself under spring tension. I'd imagine if that happened "for real" that rifle would be totally useless in the fight. Only time I've seen a failure like that

Anybody notice the part where the guy tells his team to take cover? My bet is the group is not the most trained/experienced. Easy for me to say as the armchair quarterback, but cover should come natural, right?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews