JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I never thought to look for something like this.

My dad was complaining about primers going just about everywhere with his press and I thought, I too have this problem.

A little google searching later and a purchase from Amazon.

There you have it.

The little things in life that make all the difference.

1E49FE0D-BA02-4774-B931-0938979DE3FE.jpeg 13AD4D00-3ACD-4FF1-BD4C-2A1D77A77238.jpeg E3A40AFC-AD19-41EE-991A-63721074EE4F.jpeg

I might point out that the Lee Classic Cast press, with its hollow ram, comes with this feature OEM. I also have a Rockchucker, and will have to take a look at this.

Rockchucker supreme has it (at least the model I have), Jr. does not.
The Lee one works great.

Of the three presses mentioned, my favorite is the Lee for extreme magnums (338 LM / 300 RUM, etc), the Jr. for the 308 and smaller.
The Supreme is the best all-around one. I usually run it *without* the primer catch-all.

With any of these presses, occasionally a primer will bounce off the press. Hence, you need to clean up anyway.
I just consider it a part of the cleanup required, toss them in with my trash brass collection.

I never thought to look for something like this.

My dad was complaining about primers going just about everywhere with his press and I thought, I too have this problem.

A little google searching later and a purchase from Amazon.

There you have it.

The little things in life that make all the difference.

View attachment 462339 View attachment 462340 View attachment 462341
I could be wrong here, but don't you need to turn the ram around so the ram slot lines up with the slot in the "catcher".
just askin'
:D

I wouldn't know...

I use Lee presses. My primers are contained.

;):eek:
I seriously considered replacing the press because of all the primers going everywhere.

This plastic cover thing was less expensive.

I could be wrong here, but don't you need to turn the ram around so the ram slot lines up with the slot in the "catcher".
just askin'
:D
The rock checker supreme has slots on both sides. The one facing the rear is where the primer is supposed to go. The one in the front that I don't use is for the primer seating arm. It is usually where the primers decide to go.

The rock checker supreme has slots on both sides. The one facing the rear is where the primer is supposed to go. The one in the front that I don't use is for the primer seating arm. It is usually where the primers decide to go.
Yah, that is one of the changes they made. I bought an early RCBS Jr. from @cowpie years ago - that is a "little press that could". Had an aluminum primer catch cup that fit around the front of the press. It worked, and worked well. I gave that unit to my daughter when she expressed interest in reloading....

Check and see if you have some spent primers jack-strawed in the chute, which would cause them to come out the front instead.
Seems you need to carve a little cork out of plastic (or cork) that will wedge in the front slot and prevent primers from coming out the wrong end. (Why do I think someone will copy this to another thread ?)

Old news. Looks like it works great though.. I just use my old cup type RCBS primer catcher and it works great. Came with my Rock chucker supreme kit and I've been using it for well over 20 years now..

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews