JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The answer to that question is yes. Not only has our population completely exploded over our lifetime (causing much demand, in all areas), but the culture is no longer about "can do", so we are finding out just how much our lazy azz society is willing to pay for fast crappy food. You need a franchise owner to tell you this? Look, if you want to hammer .gov, I am in complete agreement. Min wage laws are bunk, middle class is taxed to the nth degree, and most regulations seem to open the door for collusion and skullduggery, but if people quit lining up at the drive thru, prices will come down. Post # 509 is also a clue. My hat is off to those few businesses that work around the gov, not with it. We have a local diner called Stuffy's- they gave the finger to our communist governor during covid and racked up massive fines. I patronize them as much as possible.
Yeah I wish a franchise owner would show up. There have been increases for food costs, increases in rents, increases in insurance, increases in transports costs, and increases in employee salary and benefits. When all that happens, owners increase prices to make the same amount of profit they were making.

IF people quit lining up, businesses will close. With the increase in min. wage pay in CA, you have already seen businesses close. Shouldn't they be open if as you say people are lining up because of a population explosion? We haven't even mentioned the illegal immigrant invasion.
Perhaps the easiest way to 'splain it is this - Check out McD's price prior to this admin. and check out McD prices now. So your answer is that in 3.5 years more customers at FF have driven up prices? It's much more logical to say inflation has driven prices up. Heck, 2 out of 3 Americans think we are in a recession (even though we aren't yet) A banker at Chase just stated the chance of stagflation is a lot higher than most realize. See when the govt. prints money and gives it away, that causes inflation. It's the 1970's revisited. History repeats itself.

Something I've noticed about our only choice for fast food. MacDonald's. I've been eating there since they first came to Utah, Salt Lake Valley. And before that it was in the LA, CA. area as we'd visit relatives there. All those places, Burger King, Whataburger at the mall, Dee's Drive Ins was a local chain, and others, ALL were crowded at lunch time. Now days we only go to McDs once every couple weeks. Or less. We'll go to McDs during traditional lunch times, drive-thru only and there's very little wait, if any. And the indoor dining eating areas have VERY FEW people inside. When the Rona came we got used to drive thru. It used to be, for all these years, at lunch time you'd be standing in front of the counter with a dozen or more people waiting to order. It seems to me that these place are doing about half, or less, the business they did 5-6 years ago? Drive by BK at lunch time and there's only a car or three in the lot and no real line at the drive thru. Same with Crap-in-the-box. Maybe they have some huge rush when we're not out and about to see it? I'm kind of surprise they can make it at all? But you don't see empty, abandoned, fast food places? Well, except for Arby's on NE 120th and Halsey. They are remodeling the building and I hear it's going to be a Chipotle.

That article does a good job of illustrating that FF costs have outpaced inflation. What it doesn't explain is why. Gov intrusion has worsened inflation on all fronts, and does not explain why FF has been so much worse.

W
That article does a good job of illustrating that FF costs have outpaced inflation. What it doesn't explain is why. Gov intrusion has worsened inflation on all fronts, and does not explain why FF has been so much worse.
Gotta post profits :rolleyes:

I will read the article when I get some time. I think certain sectors will have above average inflation and FF is one of them for the reasons mentioned earlier. Employee turnover is a real big issue for owners, more so than other places and then you have to train the new employee and no doubt most FF places are hemorrhaging money. The destruction of the economy is twofold with this admin. Post pandemic business policy added to the already abysmal domestic economic policy. Add to the fact that the admin. Has already stated there will be a tax increase after elected again. I mean I don't want to continually talk about fed govt. but THAT is how we got here. Maybe today is a Taco Casa day?

W

Gotta post profits :rolleyes:

Yeah which business wants to be in the red?

1716569514717.jpeg

Your actual mileage may vary, but the overall trend applies to others like Sonic, Burger King, Jack, etc.

Moose tavern in Woodland, Monday special- 6.99 any burger on the menu, includes fries (I'm not affiliated). Stay away from the gold plated arches and their crap politics. Today I bought a 5lb sack of spuds for less than McD's wants for an order of fries. There are options.

There has to be more to it than just min wage and overhead

McDonalds... two cheeseburger meal.
Portland - Airport Way like $9
Vancouver - Salmon Creek over $11 (not just SC area, its about this much in most of Vancouver)

There has to be more to it than just min wage and overhead

McDonalds... two cheeseburger meal.
Portland - Airport Way like $9
Vancouver - Salmon Creek over $11 (not just SC area, its about this much in most of Vancouver)
Ill add that min wage isnt totally blameless

When I was in New Mexico last week I saw the same meal was just over $7.... min wage is $12 there

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top