JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday via UberEats: 4 large sandwiches, 2 salads, $90. Of which $25 was tax and delivery fee... granted, that was also with both a flat $15 off and a 2-for-1 on the sandwiches and salads.

Five meals for two for a hundred? I'm still surprised myself... tabs now are usually $15-20 per meal for EACH of us even with cheap crap.
I got sucked into the UberEats/Doordash/Grubhub thing for a bit a while ago. The fees just keep crawling higher and higher. I haven't ordered anything through them for well over a year now and when I thought about it a couple weeks ago when I was stuck home with no vehicle and barely any food, I was going to order from a Thai place in town and the taxes/fees/tip were more than the actual food! I ended up making something out of what was on hand.

I will order things on the restaurants website and go pick it up myself now.

I got sucked into the UberEats/Doordash/Grubhub thing for a bit a while ago. The fees just keep crawling higher and higher. I haven't ordered anything through them for well over a year now and when I thought about it a couple weeks ago when I was stuck home with no vehicle and barely any food, I was going to order from a Thai place in town and the taxes/fees/tip were more than the actual food! I ended up making something out of what was on hand.

I will order things on the restaurants website and go pick it up myself now.
I usually try to stick to Grubhub since we get most places fee-free on the Grubhub+ included with Amazon Prime. I don't have the gold so I don't make the rules, I just try to keep the Old Crab appeased with minimum expenditure of her assets. :)

Sounds like the principle of supply and demand. Long waiting in line for fast food/housing=price goes up. Long waiting lines go away=prices come down.
Well normally that would be true and you would also see FF places competing for customers with lower prices to attract customers away from the popular spots but you are not seeing that. Why?
How can you not place blame where it goes? Inflation has hit every industry, not just FF. We call that a clue. Why is there inflation upwards of 30%? Food prices housing prices, fuel prices, product prices have all gone up not down. Now I am not ignorant to supply and demand theory in economics but c'mon you are going to say "people have increased going to FF places so they ALL had price increases" ???
Maybe a franchise owner can weigh in?

In my experience, whenever somebody starts a question with the phrase; "So you're saying...", everything that follows is nothing but a exaggeration and/or misrepresentation of an opposing viewpoint in an effort to replace the original position with an extreme version that is completely fabricated.

Most often the people who partake in kind of 'discussions' are not interested in the opposing persons viewpoint, but instead simply trying overtake the conversation to elevate their own views while berating the opposing view, then claiming some sort of victory.

I find these kinds of back and forth rather feckless and disinteresting.

Enjoy your time here, but I ain't yer huckleberry.
So you're saying that he's saying that you're saying…..

:s0153:

:s0140:

Well, what ever happens, I HOPE and pray "Burger King" goes down in flames, in a huge vat of diesel fuel, and burns to a crisp to never be seen or HEARD from again. And the ones responsible for their "Jingle" are in there too!
What makes them think that someone, completely tone deaf, should be singing their ads?

Waddle and quack, a duck does.

I ain't saying anyone was saying squat!

Although I did get to properly use the word 'feckless' in a sentence, which makes me the undisputed winner.
You're right, everyone and their dog (despite all the other things they have paid an increase to) are eating out. You win! Feel better Huck? Sorry I triggered you.

Well, what ever happens, I HOPE and pray "Burger King" goes down in flames, in a huge vat of diesel fuel, and burns to a crisp to never be seen or HEARD from again. And the ones responsible for their "Jingle" are in there too!
What makes them think that someone, completely tone deaf, should be singing their ads?
Only thing good at Booger King is Croissanwiches and their hash brown nuggets.

Only thing good at Booger King is Croissanwiches and their hash brown nuggets.
I haven't eaten a BK in, 10 years maybe more? But going way back, when mom and dad would come up and visit, they liked the croissanwich, so we'd go there the morning of their departure. I thought it beat the heck out of Mcmuffin. And the spud things were way better than Mcd's "Plank". Stupid prices on a little plank of greasy fried spuds. They must get about $4.00 for that now. Never been much of a fan of "Fast Food" breakfast though.

I haven't eaten a BK in, 10 years maybe more? But going way back, when mom and dad would come up and visit, they liked the croissanwich, so we'd go there the morning of their departure. I thought it beat the heck out of Mcmuffin. And the spud things were way better than Mcd's "Plank". Stupid prices on a little plank of greasy fried spuds. They must get about $4.00 for that now. Never been much of a fan of "Fast Food" breakfast though.
Not quite, but $3 for a greasy spudpatty is still highway robbery.

Well normally that would be true and you would also see FF places competing for customers with lower prices to attract customers away from the popular spots but you are not seeing that. Why?
How can you not place blame where it goes? Inflation has hit every industry, not just FF. We call that a clue. Why is there inflation upwards of 30%? Food prices housing prices, fuel prices, product prices have all gone up not down. Now I am not ignorant to supply and demand theory in economics but c'mon you are going to say "people have increased going to FF places so they ALL had price increases" ???
Maybe a franchise owner can weigh in?
"people have increased going to FF places so they ALL had price increases" ???
The answer to that question is yes. Not only has our population completely exploded over our lifetime (causing much demand, in all areas), but the culture is no longer about "can do", so we are finding out just how much our lazy azz society is willing to pay for fast crappy food. You need a franchise owner to tell you this? Look, if you want to hammer .gov, I am in complete agreement. Min wage laws are bunk, middle class is taxed to the nth degree, and most regulations seem to open the door for collusion and skullduggery, but if people quit lining up at the drive thru, prices will come down. Post # 509 is also a clue. My hat is off to those few businesses that work around the gov, not with it. We have a local diner called Stuffy's- they gave the finger to our communist governor during covid and racked up massive fines. I patronize them as much as possible.

You rule!

Speaking of ridiculous cost, I've gathered there are quite a few people that spend thousands on gaming "power-ups" etc.. probably a bit like gambling or other addictions.
People these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top