JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I missed something, but why are no lawsuits addressing the "searchable registry database" aspect of this measure?

As I read the measure, each and every section needs to be addressed and struck down. It's worded that way at the end of the measure. Correct me if I'm wrong. So who in their right mind would actually buy a firearm with this database allowed to go forward?

Maybe I missed something, but why are no lawsuits addressing the "searchable registry database" aspect of this measure?

As I read the measure, each and every section needs to be addressed and struck down. It's worded that way at the end of the measure. Correct me if I'm wrong. So who in their right mind would actually buy a firearm with this database allowed to go forward?
The urgency right now is to get the restraining order. Everything else would be addressed at a trial.

A linguistic 'point of order' (pun intended)
The newspaper uses TRO in spots, but that's not what any of the suits are requesting. Generally, a restraining order is supposed to prevent a person (or company) from doing a thing. The suits are asking for a temporary injunction, while working through the process of getting a permanent injunction. In this context, the injunction is a command to halt official action, such as
enjoining Defendants and their officers, agents, and
employees from enforcing Oregon Measure 114 against Plaintiffs and their members;
Immergut will issue her decision on a temporary injunction next week.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top