JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice story but I wouldn't be unarmed at home............as a matter of fact i decided a few years to go to a Mariner game, it had been years since my wife and I attended one. Imagine my sunrise when I walked up to the entrance and found metal detectors..........what a pain in the a** that evening turned into......trying to find a place to put a pistol in Seattle is lets say a bit of a challenge.

A couple of days ago I had entered the 110th & SE Foster Rd U-Pull-it Auto wrecking yard and was at the counter paying the $2.00 entry fee when I opened my wallet and just then remembered that I didn't have any dollar bills, only 9 "hundred" dollar bills, because I had cashed a check the day before and hadn't put the extra cash in my house safe.
There was a big rough looking guy and his rougher looking girlfriend standing right behind me waiting to pay and sign in, and when I walked out into the yard looking for the numbered row that the counter guy had printed out for me, I noticed that the guy was now alone and was always just one row away from me, no matter what row I walked down searching for the car I needed.
He certainly wasn't looking for a car, more likely a tire iron as his eyes were more or less in my direction the whole time.
Of course, this is the one time I was driving my wife's car and didn't have a carry gun with me.
I figured out that the last thing that I needed was to get cornered way out back in a wrecking yard, so I quickly made my way out to the main road and got out of there.

Last Edited:
A couple of days ago I had entered the SE 110th & Foster rd U-Pull-it Auto wrecking yard and was at the counter paying the $2.00 entry fee when I opened my wallet and just then remembered that I didn't have any dollar bills, only 9 "hundred" dollar bills, because I had cashed a check the day before and hadn't put the extra cash in my house safe.
There was a big rough looking guy and his rougher looking girlfriend standing right behind me waiting to pay and sign in, and when I walked out into the yard looking for the numbered row that the counter guy had printed out for me, I noticed that the guy was now alone and was always just one row away from me, no matter what row I walked down searching for the car I needed.
He certainly wasn't looking for a car, more likely a tire iron as his eyes were more or less in my direction the whole time.
Of course, this is the one time I was driving my wife's car and didn't have a carry gun with me.
I figured out that the last thing that I needed was to get cornered way out back in a wrecking yard, so I quickly made my way out to the main road and got out of there.
Nice situational awareness! I've noticed mine is better these days.

-Mind that I would have egressed from that situation carrying or not. My point being, drawing my weapon is only an option if I'm going to use it, and that's only if I have no other options.

Many years ago after just moving to WA I took the family to Tacoma to meet some friends & have a BBQ cookout. Everything was fine until I made a wrong turn that took us up into the Hilltop area. This area is like Harlem at night and boy I was sure glad that the car ran flawlessly getting out of that HEII hole unscathed without a PDW. I vowed to never again to put my family in that kind off jeprody without a means to defend them.

I guess what got me about this was his statement:

Moschel said he's lucky to be alive and so is the man who stabbed him. "Luckily, I didn't have my concealed carry on me at the time," Moschel said. "Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I'm kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that."

So, why carry? Everyone who carries knows (or SHOULD know) that this might be the end result of a bad situation.

I guess what got me about this was his statement:

Moschel said he's lucky to be alive and so is the man who stabbed him. "Luckily, I didn't have my concealed carry on me at the time," Moschel said. "Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I'm kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that."

So, why carry? Everyone who carries knows (or SHOULD know) that this might be the end result of a bad situation.

''I don't care that I didn't have that bulky life jacket on when I fell out of the boat.
The water was only 3 feet deep''.

Fine. But what if it's over your head? o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews