JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice story but I wouldn't be unarmed at home............as a matter of fact i decided a few years to go to a Mariner game, it had been years since my wife and I attended one. Imagine my sunrise when I walked up to the entrance and found metal detectors..........what a pain in the a** that evening turned into......trying to find a place to put a pistol in Seattle is lets say a bit of a challenge.

A couple of days ago I had entered the 110th & SE Foster Rd U-Pull-it Auto wrecking yard and was at the counter paying the $2.00 entry fee when I opened my wallet and just then remembered that I didn't have any dollar bills, only 9 "hundred" dollar bills, because I had cashed a check the day before and hadn't put the extra cash in my house safe.
There was a big rough looking guy and his rougher looking girlfriend standing right behind me waiting to pay and sign in, and when I walked out into the yard looking for the numbered row that the counter guy had printed out for me, I noticed that the guy was now alone and was always just one row away from me, no matter what row I walked down searching for the car I needed.
He certainly wasn't looking for a car, more likely a tire iron as his eyes were more or less in my direction the whole time.
Of course, this is the one time I was driving my wife's car and didn't have a carry gun with me.
I figured out that the last thing that I needed was to get cornered way out back in a wrecking yard, so I quickly made my way out to the main road and got out of there.

Last Edited:
A couple of days ago I had entered the SE 110th & Foster rd U-Pull-it Auto wrecking yard and was at the counter paying the $2.00 entry fee when I opened my wallet and just then remembered that I didn't have any dollar bills, only 9 "hundred" dollar bills, because I had cashed a check the day before and hadn't put the extra cash in my house safe.
There was a big rough looking guy and his rougher looking girlfriend standing right behind me waiting to pay and sign in, and when I walked out into the yard looking for the numbered row that the counter guy had printed out for me, I noticed that the guy was now alone and was always just one row away from me, no matter what row I walked down searching for the car I needed.
He certainly wasn't looking for a car, more likely a tire iron as his eyes were more or less in my direction the whole time.
Of course, this is the one time I was driving my wife's car and didn't have a carry gun with me.
I figured out that the last thing that I needed was to get cornered way out back in a wrecking yard, so I quickly made my way out to the main road and got out of there.
Nice situational awareness! I've noticed mine is better these days.

-Mind that I would have egressed from that situation carrying or not. My point being, drawing my weapon is only an option if I'm going to use it, and that's only if I have no other options.

Many years ago after just moving to WA I took the family to Tacoma to meet some friends & have a BBQ cookout. Everything was fine until I made a wrong turn that took us up into the Hilltop area. This area is like Harlem at night and boy I was sure glad that the car ran flawlessly getting out of that HEII hole unscathed without a PDW. I vowed to never again to put my family in that kind off jeprody without a means to defend them.

I guess what got me about this was his statement:

Moschel said he's lucky to be alive and so is the man who stabbed him. "Luckily, I didn't have my concealed carry on me at the time," Moschel said. "Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I'm kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that."

So, why carry? Everyone who carries knows (or SHOULD know) that this might be the end result of a bad situation.

I guess what got me about this was his statement:

Moschel said he's lucky to be alive and so is the man who stabbed him. "Luckily, I didn't have my concealed carry on me at the time," Moschel said. "Ninety-nine percent of the time I leave the house, I never leave without it. And this is the one time I did. I'm kind of glad I did, because he would have been dead, and I would have had to live with that."

So, why carry? Everyone who carries knows (or SHOULD know) that this might be the end result of a bad situation.

''I don't care that I didn't have that bulky life jacket on when I fell out of the boat.
The water was only 3 feet deep''.

Fine. But what if it's over your head? o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews