JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Salted Weapon, your first error in the above post, is suggesting that all trigger smiths might make the errors in your non-provided utube video.

Second error, is suggesting that your
I bout this and the trigger is hair at 1.75 yet safe.
is comparable to my trigger smithing. My trigger stop, funtions at precisely after the trigger sear is released. It has been upon my TGH, for Twenty-Five years. It is Tuned To My Trigger and not anyone else's, as is proper. It cost me..... NOTHING. just time, patience checking its ~fit~ For My Needs, not generic to all Triggers, as are over the counter parts.

My trigger smithing is in use by a retired US ARMY Pistol Marksmenship Team member, and a professional poacher, two different requirements, both 100% satisfied with my work. I had Out Preformed the poacher, in active targets, that is targets in action, moving targets, and he was impressed, I told him My Work would make his grouping be cut in half. They were, No Brag, Just Fact

Trigger smithing, done Properly, has Not One Thing to do with "Hair Triggers" which I suggest may belong only upon rifles meant Only for Precision Target Only work.

..... In my opinion, "Hair Triggers" do not belong upon field guns, but Glass Smooth Triggers do.

And yes, if I had a desire to waste ammo, I can dump ammo that fast, can YOU do it accurately???? I know, I can, I have....

FYI, I wear a size Thirteen wedding Band, when married, my middle Finger is a minute Size Fifteen. With those hands, of German ancestory, I have worked precious metals most of my life, Silver starting in 1968, Gold, 1969, European White Gold, 18k (750 fine), mixed with Platinum, 1971, and on....

I have worked for a Internationally reknowned Jewelery Shop, for a Jeweler who was the (personal) Family Jeweler for various families wealthy enough, to be his clients, and met them, introduced as "my newest employee" ....

In my own shop(s), I have set Diamonds, Emeralds, Pearls, Jade, Amethyst, and many other gem quality stones. I have had many ~professions~, that is, the work(s) I have done, to earn a living...

In fact I have worked professionaly, making trombone valve parts, for a truely "Internationally reknowned" company... Daily calls from Australia, Switzerland, etc. Is International, the company owner/inventer, is in the Who's Who, for his invented Trombone Valve.

In short, I understand metal smithing, and have been Practicing that work, and advancing in skills, for Two-Thirds of my life. My large mill is tuned to X,Y,Z repeated accuracy of .0004 inches, (in all axis to that ~same~ .0004 "spot") for folks who do not understand decimals, and I was one once, that accuracy is Less than One Half Thousandth, of One Inch. My lathe meets that accuracy, every time I use it.

One of my Advocations is, trigger smithing. No Brag, Just Fact, I am down right Good at it, and that takes More skill, than a parts swapping money spender. I understand the Ergonomics, and Physics of trigger smithing. I have never had a job go wrong, because I follow very TIME PROVEN methods. I have not needed to change trigger spring pressure(s) to obtain precise trigger actions. My next project, will be a first for me: tuning a pre 1900's top break 32 short colt. The cylinder has slop in it, I bought it Just to learn that skill, Seventy-Five Dollars, well spent, to LEARN my pistol smithing skills, a bit more.

I would rather buy a "Dead Revolver" than spend any money, on a part that I know I can tune, Properly...

Thank you for your input, YMMV, and that is what makes the world spin without wobbling.

philip, Hobby level gunsmithing in the BoonDocks... But doing it Correctly, each time, every time is my motto.

Last Edited:
You bored :s0114: ? Try googling it geees what do I look like your servant ?. . I see no video of you showing how you do it. And I was not knocking your work, but you deserve the lash-back anyways dude. I said many people do it wrong, I did not say you did it wrong. One thing your post did not do is give was the obvious risk if done wrong.
Have a beer its Sunday and maybe read what I said next time and don't take it so personal .
First no harm, no foul.

Second, try using https://ixquick.com for searching, they are not a subsiderary of the NSA.

Third, please invite me to have lemonade, coffee or even Tea, any time, I gave up alcohol 21 years ago, for "Lent" and never looked back upon the former times.

I added a disclaimer, but it did not go to the extremes of saying what would go bad, If You Do Not Follow the RULES... Because, Frankly, I think that anybody intelligent enough to read What I posted, should have the where with all, to do it Correctly, MY. Emphasis's on slow, take your time, repeat the effort until you get it correct, DO Not use .... Should be cautions enough.

I have provided, the verbage, that I took into my mind, around thirty years ago, and have used, multiple times without re-reading the article, IOW, it is so easy, even Stevie Wonder could do it... Or the cave man, from geico insurance... Stevie, could use his finely tuned perception in his finger tips, to feel the changes.

Smooth as Glass, is Baby *** smooth... Like a... Hey you got it figured out?

YMMV ... THAT Is upon whoever does it.

meh. Goo gle, I don't go there, nope.

philip
Its a beautiful day in the Neighborhood, a Beautiful day in the Neighborhood, won't you go there... Cause I am in the BoonDocks!!!!' :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top