JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpeg

:eek:

I love the wood in the design - I've seen some on AR's before. It really makes you do a double-take and see if you're not really looking at a new kind of AK. Very cool. I'll take 2 (since 2 is one ;)).

The wood accents the form nicely in presentation.
I'm doubtful of durability given the grain in it. It looks like Oak?

Then again, lamination techniques have come a long ways. Very creative, nonetheless.

You didn't toss that out did you? A little work with some files and sandpaper and you could transform that into a usable piece. I'm impressed with how far you got just carving.

Its in my emergency firewood box of failed wood projects. :)

I would not try to salvage this one. I'd try and make another one out of better wood. Plus I would need to figure out how to do a dovetail for the picatinny rail. Too many projects and too little time.

I would not try to salvage this one. I'd try and make another one out of better wood. Plus I would need to figure out how to do a dovetail for the picatinny rail. Too many projects and too little time.

Though I'm but a humble novice woodworker, seems like a simple solution to the rail issue would be using a router table and a dovetail bit, assuming you could find one that matches the proper geometry of a pic rail. Build a little jig to hold the whole thing straight and two passes - you're done ;)

Though I'm but a humble novice woodworker, seems like a simple solution to the rail issue would be using a router table and a dovetail bit, assuming you could find one that matches the proper geometry of a pic rail. Build a little jig to hold the whole thing straight and two passes - you're done ;)

Im no longer allowed to buy a tool that I use once for some throw away project. my wife has caught on. :) I have a router but I'd need to build a jig from the existing crap I have.

looks like it would work good on an m-lok or key mod rail with the right fasteners

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top