JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpeg

:eek:

I love the wood in the design - I've seen some on AR's before. It really makes you do a double-take and see if you're not really looking at a new kind of AK. Very cool. I'll take 2 (since 2 is one ;)).

The wood accents the form nicely in presentation.
I'm doubtful of durability given the grain in it. It looks like Oak?

Then again, lamination techniques have come a long ways. Very creative, nonetheless.

You didn't toss that out did you? A little work with some files and sandpaper and you could transform that into a usable piece. I'm impressed with how far you got just carving.

Its in my emergency firewood box of failed wood projects. :)

I would not try to salvage this one. I'd try and make another one out of better wood. Plus I would need to figure out how to do a dovetail for the picatinny rail. Too many projects and too little time.

I would not try to salvage this one. I'd try and make another one out of better wood. Plus I would need to figure out how to do a dovetail for the picatinny rail. Too many projects and too little time.

Though I'm but a humble novice woodworker, seems like a simple solution to the rail issue would be using a router table and a dovetail bit, assuming you could find one that matches the proper geometry of a pic rail. Build a little jig to hold the whole thing straight and two passes - you're done ;)

Though I'm but a humble novice woodworker, seems like a simple solution to the rail issue would be using a router table and a dovetail bit, assuming you could find one that matches the proper geometry of a pic rail. Build a little jig to hold the whole thing straight and two passes - you're done ;)

Im no longer allowed to buy a tool that I use once for some throw away project. my wife has caught on. :) I have a router but I'd need to build a jig from the existing crap I have.

looks like it would work good on an m-lok or key mod rail with the right fasteners

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top