JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have to agree. The story of how Tommy came in to our lives is one of the great family stories we have. He was a feral cat that pretty much adopted US instead of the other way around. That cat went through hell along the way.

Well tried stomping down the hills and setting traps on the ones they push back up... No luck

I've tried different times of day to see when active... I can't find them early morning, afternoon, or later evening.... So the shovel/pitchfork, 9mm on my side has not been used.

I did post on my facebook and turns out one of my cousins has some outdoor cats so I may go try to adopt one of his and see if it hunts. Knowing my luck it will sit on the deck waiting for the food bowl to be filled.

The gasoline idea sounds like fun! I just don't know if that will work because knowing my luck a goat will be standing in the wrong place when I light it :)

I did see a garter snake out in the pasture lastnight... Hoping he grows up and has a taste for mole/gopher!

One of the funniest things I see from time to time as a UPS driver is when I pull into a rural driveway and some guy is sitting next to a mole hill with a shotgun, waiting patiently for the little critter to come to the surface so he can blast it.

I'm having a problem with moles this year too and feel your frustration. They don't like cat urine. If you have a cat, get some clumping litter, scoop, and put some down the holes for a few days and they'll leave. If that doesn't work, there's always this.... :s0087:

[video=youtube_share;70OyretaUsY]http://youtu.be/70OyretaUsY[/video]

Or even better......this :s0155:

It's been a bad year for these little pests. I've killed six in the last week and they keep on coming.

I know two people with the Rodenator and neither of them are still using them. I don't think they work that well - but they do look cool.

I just picked up a Molecat today. Several people have told me they work great. It's set on a main tunnel but haven't heard it trip yet. Wish me luck.

It went off last night. There's still a couple fresh mounds but I don't know if they were made before or after. My front yard is about 40'X60' and there are well over 50 hills in the last 5 days. I suspect there's more than one. Usually I'll get a couple per week every summer but In the 40 years that this house has been in the family no one has ever seen it near this bad.

i used to have a pipe coupler with a cap welded to a heavy piece of steel plate
I made a trigger release out of a 3/16 steel rod and spring

the deal was I put a 12 ga shot gun shell in 'er covered with a 50 gal barrel and blasted about 8 acres of the little buggers took a while and dangerous as hell... a little unsettling letting go of the trip mechanism when setting the trap, or removing the barrel to see
if I got the little demons a mad mans devise to be sure... but I was a little satisfied whenever I got one really DO NOT recommend it but worked for me

and if you have a acetylene torch set up ... well lets not go there that one leaves about a 3 foot ditch and may have startling effects

#2 went off mid afternoon and no new activity so far. We'll see in the morning if there is more killing to be done. So far, Molecat is a winner!

I've used those flares they sell at home depot with good results.
In Europe they had this pistol that you'd load with sort of a cork with an explosive center and you'd just shoot it into the mole hole. They are blind but I guess have very sensitive hearing. I guess an M80 down his tunnel might work just as well.

ah ha the molecat has got to be the ticket

neighbor hired mole getter for 1 acre he used some sort of spring trap
charged 100.00 per mole was a manicured lawn .. so Chuck paid it dont recall how many but 3 or 4 seems right .. he always claimed that the mole guy just kept a dead mole in his truck and sold it over and over again NOT likely, but i used to get a kick out of agreeing with him just to give him something to think about all day he did get his moles though

I got my first mole today after reading this thread over the last couple days. It showed up a few months ago, seemed to manage to push up mounds under my shrubs so I didn't notice it at first. Picked up a trap at Lowe's and tried a couple different tunnels I found but nothing. I thought I might need to pick up the Victor trap instead. Finally yesterday I notice a fresh mound, again under a bush. I stuck a shovel a couple places around the bush, found a tunnel that seemed to dead end there. I went back a couple inches and stuck in my trap hoping it was active. This morning my wife goes out and notices it finally tripped. She couldn't believe it, she had been giving me grief for weeks thought I'd never get it. :)

(Fortunately it wasn't empty)

Mole Trap.jpg

Mole Trap.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR