JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I love my Mini 14 but if I wanted to put someone down with one shot I would more than likely grab my Marlin 30-30.

Like I said before, all these Comments about the Mini 14 being inaccurate are unfair.

I agree, the original Mini 14's were horrible. They were reliable but not accurate at all.

But the new 580 series Mini 14's are extremely accurate!

You're basing your thinking off of the the original Mini 14, this is not true with the new Mini 14's.
From what I have heard, even the newer mini's are still more of a 2 MOA shooter, if you get a good one. Perhaps the Target versions with the adjustable barrel end piece might be better. (Just what I need, one more variable to tweak in search of the optimal load). I have had really good luck with my AR's and can't get enthused about a rifle that has such a reputation for mediocre (or downright lousy) accuracy. However, not everyone shares that opinion, or it would have ceased production long ago. It will be interesting to see if it can survive the latest oversupply of AR-15's, with the sharp drop in prices.

Thanks for the invite, but going to shooting matches and playing Mr. Tacticool warrior just isn't my thing.
Where did the AR touch you? Owning an AR doesn't mean you deck it out with rails and lights for your lights.
You're basing your thinking off of the the original Mini 14, this is not true with the new Mini 14's.
Sorry, but even though I don't have an AR anymore (and only prefer the retro builds) I'm still going to say a purpose built AR is still going to be more accurate than the Mini-14.
Geez, the AR guys sure get butt hurt when you mention something other than the AR.
Fanboys of any gun get butt hurt. Saying AR guys specifically sounds like you have some grudge against the AR.

Where did the AR touch you? Owning an AR doesn't mean you deck it out with rails and lights for your lights.

Sorry, but even though I don't have an AR anymore (and only prefer the retro builds) I'm still going to say a purpose built AR is still going to be more accurate than the Mini-14.

Fanboys of any gun get butt hurt. Saying AR guys specifically sounds like you have some grudge against the AR.

I don't have any grudge against the AR, I do admit that a good quality AR is going to be more accurate than a Mini 14.

How ever as some are saying that the Mini 14 is not accurate at all and you can't hit anything are not giving it a fair shake. I will take my 581 series Mini 14 over a $400-$700 AR any day.

I don't have any grudge against the AR, I do admit that a good quality AR is going to be more accurate than a Mini 14.

How ever as some are saying that the Mini 14 is not accurate at all and you can't hit anything are not giving it a fair shake. I will take my 581 series Mini 14 over a $400-$700 AR any day.
Your attitude towards the AR comes off as some form of a grudge.

That aside, even though the new Mini-14 is better than the old Mini-14 I'd still prefer an AR. And I'd prefer a retro-build AR over any other AR.