JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And there's the "hey bubba, I bought me a new big bad black bang stick" yesterday boys.

image.jpg

No way. It was good to have when I was younger and ARs cost significantly more. Then I wound up spending $$ to modify and improve. A bolt blew out on one, but Ruger was very very helpful in getting it replaced- sent me the box and paid for the shipping. My experiences with Ruger over the years has been good- they have stood behind their products. Bill Ruger seemed like an a hoe but he's long gone. I carried dept-required Ruger 9mms with no issues and same with the Mini14. BUT BUT BUT The ARs have better ergos, are modular, easier for the owner to work on, seemingly unbreakable (Colts), a whole lot more aftermarket stuff including magazines and mounts for scopes, light, siren, bullhorn, kitchen sink and stove.. etc.:D

I am not a fan of either Mini's for one they are just loud more then I would think they should be.
When compared to other same caliber rifles they just seem real loud.

I have had a couple mini30 never a 14. First one I sold because the brady bill made it impossible to get decent aftermarket mags..... Really bubblegumty left over crap mags except the factory five round ones. Accuracy on both are on par with most factory AR AK SKS with the edge going to the SKS. The second one is the newer style And I have to say the larger ruger mags work great and are fairly reasonable for a factory steel mag. Accuracy is pretty damn good on par with the SKS. I don't really care if I spend 9 per box for brass instead of 5 per box for steel ammo.. Its still cheaper than the 300blk ammo everyone is nuts over. I think stock for stock the mini and AR platform are fairly equal now. However the AR went from being more expensive to cheaper and the aftermarket stuff can be had so reasonable that you can get exactly what you want on the cheap now. I will probably always have both but if it were down to one assault rifle I would choose the SKS over either anyhow :)

I have had a couple mini30 never a 14. First one I sold because the brady bill made it impossible to get decent aftermarket mags..... Really bubblegumty left over crap mags except the factory five round ones. Accuracy on both are on par with most factory AR AK SKS with the edge going to the SKS. The second one is the newer style And I have to say the larger ruger mags work great and are fairly reasonable for a factory steel mag. Accuracy is pretty damn good on par with the SKS. I don't really care if I spend 9 per box for brass instead of 5 per box for steel ammo.. Its still cheaper than the 300blk ammo everyone is nuts over. I think stock for stock the mini and AR platform are fairly equal now. However the AR went from being more expensive to cheaper and the aftermarket stuff can be had so reasonable that you can get exactly what you want on the cheap now. I will probably always have both but if it were down to one assault rifle I would choose the SKS over either anyhow :)

The SKS is superior to many firearms, its one of only a few fully self contained rifles.
A rifle with a bayonet, fixed magazine, no tool filed strip and built in tool kit make the SKS the best out of the box rifle ever sold in the American market. If you take rifle to rifle outta the box the SKS is hands down the best over all choice.
There are none that I can think of that have as long a battle proven for decades legacy, and yet can be bought at the corner FFL. You can take any rifle and dump cash in it and make it better or more efficient, however most addons to the SKS make it less reliable and less accurate again making clear outta the box best rifle for over all use.
We have the other rifles and if SHTF id grab the SKS for long term use.

The SKS is superior to many firearms, its one of only a few fully self contained rifles.
A rifle with a bayonet, fixed magazine, no tool filed strip and built in tool kit make the SKS the best out of the box rifle ever sold in the American market. If you take rifle to rifle outta the box the SKS is hands down the best over all choice.
There are none that I can think of that have as long a battle proven for decades legacy, and yet can be bought at the corner FFL. You can take any rifle and dump cash in it and make it better or more efficient, however most addons to the SKS make it less reliable and less accurate again making clear outta the box best rifle for over all use.

It still ain't no Hi Point except at night when it droolin in it pillow an dreamin an 5h!t.

And it was made fugly on purpose in order to humiliate the enemy getting whacked by such an ugly gun.

:)

The only real advantage that I see with the SKS is the longer barrel/sight radius. The fact that you will never lose the enbloc magazine is another I suppose... ten compared to thirty? no way!

You can get the larger internal mag or just switch to the external duck bill mags if you like...

Even with the fixed 10 round magazine, I'd still take a SKS over the Mini-14. Its more robust and simple.

I have way fewer concerns with the SKS and its reliability than I do the Mini-14.