JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same baby daddy - both actions are derived from the John Browning design IIRC

A ''Tilting breach lock'' dose look to be the father of Both the SKS and FAL.
However DNA testing shows another father donated the genetic material known as the ''Gas operated rotating bolt'' to the Mini-14, M1 and a few other rifles. [M-14, 30 Carbine, Ruger Deerfield 44 carbine and I'm sure there are more.]

Many claim it was a Canadian named Garand. :eek:
Although they all have different gas systems. So we can't pin it all on him.

Any claims from the Mini-14. That Old John Browning was there daddy. Are most likely motivated by his fame and fortune? ;)

Last Edited:
Eight, No Nine Reasons Why the Hi Point is Better Than the Mini-14 (as promised)

1. Can find it on any street corner and only costs a dime bag
  2. Can stuff it in my tracksuit waistband or my drop down prison style jeans
  3. Can shoot it gangsta style so it hits harder than an AK
  4. Can disassemble for cleaning by firing it
  5. Street cred, baby. Nothing says you the man like a Hi Point.
  6. A Mini-14 won't let you check your white privilege
  7. Can have it jeweled just like my grill
  8. Easier to chuck out the passenger window just before the PIT stop.
  9. The chicks dig it
So now the Hi Point better than a Mini, and the mini better than the AR.

:s0101:

That's really a first rate post, 3M! I chuckle every time I revisit the thread! :D

MrT_Gun-2.jpg

Have a Mini-14 ranch & just picked up an SKS, have "some" AR's and AK's.

Like the Mini. A LOT. Dunno if we'll pick up some more.

Like the SKS. A whole lot. Might pick up some more.

Like the AR's and AK's. A whole bunch. Don't want to pick up any more...but...if AK pricing comes down along with how AR pricing has...

Love my 14 and my 30-both are the newer models and I'm pretty sure I could hit a middle finger at a 100 yards with either.
My AK's and SKS are going nowhere anytime soon.
Just gave the last AR I had to one of the kids,,, burnt out on all the hype, and I personally feel the rifles I've kept are AT LEAST as reliable as any AR's I've owned.
Better than an AR? Hell I don't know about that but I do know what I personally want in my hands when behind the house in the sticks and it isn't the AR.:eek:

I have fired many rounds in a session and got the barrel on a Mini-14 beyond ridiculously hot. Not good on the barrel. I've done the same with an AR and it never seemed to hurt anything or get as hot.

I got a Mini-30 so hot I pretty much ruined the barrel. But gophers can do that to a guy.

That said. I still own Mini-14's and got rid of my AR's. Go figure.

He is mostly full of crap...

1. Who gives a bubblegum? If someone does you live a commie state.
2. Lighter trigger weight doesn't mean better trigger
3. Granted, that is why there are SBRs, Law-Tactical folders, etc.
4. My mid-length with 15" handguard has a longer sight radius than a Mini-14.
5. Still not buying into the whole DI vs piston argument.
6. No buying into a Mini is more accurate than an AR.
7. CHF longevity is debatable and is available for an AR, DD and BCM both offer them.
8. Stainless. Meh. It's not as "stainless" as people think, I've seen it rust plenty.
Sounds like you are holding back. Tell us how you really feel!:D

To those who have one of the newer ones and are happy with accuracy. Did the changes also stop that "drift"? That was always the most irritating part for me when I was playing with these in the old design. It was not just the 5 MOA groups. It was the way the damn group would start to move so much as you started firing. Made trying to sight one in a challenge.

Eight, No Nine Reasons Why the Hi Point is Better Than the Mini-14 (as promised)

1. Can find it on any street corner and only costs a dime bag
  2. Can stuff it in my tracksuit waistband or my drop down prison style jeans
  3. Can shoot it gangsta style so it hits harder than an AK
  4. Can disassemble for cleaning by firing it
  5. Street cred, baby. Nothing says you the man like a Hi Point.
  6. A Mini-14 won't let you check your white privilege
  7. Can have it jeweled just like my grill
  8. Easier to chuck out the passenger window just before the PIT stop.
  9. The chicks dig it
So now the Hi Point better than a Mini, and the mini better than the AR.
?
Hi Point?o_O What is that?
AR vs Mini what a ridiculous argument. The AR is FAR superior to
the Mini. I own 4 different AR Rifles that can hold the "10"
ring at 600 yards on the MR-1 target. That mini couldn't
keep 10 rounds on the paper at 600 yards. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

To those who have one of the newer ones and are happy with accuracy. Did the changes also stop that "drift"? That was always the most irritating part for me when I was playing with these in the old design. It was not just the 5 MOA groups. It was the way the damn group would start to move so much as you started firing. Made trying to sight one in a challenge.

Yes they did. You'll see drift with any heated rifle, but the old pencil barreled minis were some of the worst. The new will stand up pretty good,, unless your one of the "operator":confused: types that feel that if your not john wayneing from the hip ya ain't chit kind.

I'd be willing to bet that as soon as the military turns to the next "latest and greatest" battle issue weapons, most of those types
Will forget the AR and jump next band wagon so fast that it will make the latest AR price collapse look like a bull market.
I remember member @DuneHopper that sang about the SKS's and their being WAY under rated and under priced,,, man was he spot on, the SKS used now cost as much for a middle of the road "new" AR and the AK's?
Now there's, your not even close comparison, just saying.

Yes they did. You'll see drift with any heated rifle, but the old pencil barreled minis were some of the worst. The new will stand up pretty good,, unless your one of the "operator":confused: types that feel that if your not john wayneing from the hip ya ain't chit kind.

I'd be willing to bet that as soon as the military turns to the next "latest and greatest" battle issue weapons, most of those types
Will forget the AR and jump next band wagon so fast that it will make the latest AR price collapse look like a bull market.
I remember member @DuneHopper that sang about the SKS's and their being WAY under rated and under priced,,, man was he spot on, the SKS used now cost as much for a middle of the road "new" AR and the AK's?
Now there's, your not even close comparison, just saying.

OK, glad they were finally able to find a solution. I always liked the way they looked. Back when they were half what an AR ran I tried real hard to like one. Just could never get past the accuracy problems. I have not tried one of the new improved but figured they had to have come up with something better. The way they sell for double what an AR does and still sell so well I figured they had to have finally come up with a better design.

?
Hi Point?o_O What is that?

Not surprised you never heard of the Hi Point, not many outside of top secret special forces group called the Firearm Undercover Destructive Division (FUDD) and gangstas in the hood have seen them let alone held one. In fact, if a TOP SECRET warehouse hadn't been robbed by the Crips back in 93 nobody would have ever known.

The Hi Point special because it gots 3 modes:
  1. In normal mode (code name cracker) it shoot just like a regular pistol.
  2. In special mode number 1(code name gangsta) you activate by rotating 90 degrees right or left. Now it shoot much harder like a AK bullet and will take out a tank or armored car is you outta cash for 5h!t an stuff.
  3. In special mode number 2 (code name ultra shaft) you shoot like code gangsta, but you throw a punch at the same time while you pull the trigga. This make it as powerful as a 900mm Super Ultra Mag and kill everything in front of you except your buddies.
Now this all big deal secret stuff so make sure you don't tell nobody.

AR vs Mini what a ridiculous argument. The AR is FAR superior to
the Mini. I own 4 different AR Rifles that can hold the "10"
ring at 600 yards on the MR-1 target. That mini couldn't
keep 10 rounds on the paper at 600 yards. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Probably operator error. The thing is that the Mini has a piston on the bottom and the charging handle on the right. You are probably holding it with the piston side down. Because of the way all the stuff moves back and forth inside and such you need to hold it with the charging handle pointed straight down. That's the first problem.

The second problem is that the proper form is to put the butt about 8-12 inches below your navel. Just shove it in real tight. This completely cancels out the remaining bad harmonics and it will out shoot any AR (in fact, everything except a Hi Point). Give it a try and you can thank me later.

Last Edited:
Not surprised you never heard of the Hi Point, not many outside of top secret special forces group called the Firearm Undercover Destructive Division (FUDD) and gangstas in the hood have seen them let alone held one. In fact, if a TOP SECRET warehouse hadn't been robbed by the Crips back in 93 nobody would have ever known.

The Hi Point special because it gots 3 modes:
  1. In normal mode (code name cracker) it shoot just like a regular pistol.
  2. In special mode number 1(code name gangsta) you activate by rotating 90 degrees right or left. Now it shoot much harder like a AK bullet and will take out a tank or armored car is you outta cash for 5h!t an stuff.
  3. In special mode number 2 (code name ultra shaft) you shoot like code gangsta, but you throw a punch at the same time while you pull the trigga. This make it as powerful as a 900mm Super Ultra Mag and kill everything in front of you except your buddies.
Now this all big deal secret stuff so make sure you don't tell nobody.

Probably operator error. The thing is that the Mini has a piston on the bottom and the charging handle on the right. You are probably holding it with the piston side down. Because of the way all the stuff moves back and forth inside and such you need to hold it with the charging handle pointed straight down. That's the first problem.

The second problem is that the proper form is to put the butt about 8-12 inches below your navel. Just shove it in real tight. This completely cancels out the remaining bad harmonics and it will out shoot any AR (in fact, everything except a Hi Point). Give it a try and you can thank me later.

Damn man, you are on a roll! :s0113: