JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The mini 14 was a gateway rifle to my first AR.

When I bought mine you could only get a Colt and it was STUPID expensive. The Mini was the next best thing and a fraction of the cost/ I don't regret buying one, but I still don't regret trading it for and AR last year. I still have one more, but it's a Class 3, so not as quick to sell.

What more to say?? I like guns!!

I know there are strong opinions on the Mini's, kind of why I posted the video. But I think I can honestly say I don't hate any gun - may not prefer some, but can't think of any I really hate.

Hi-Point. Yes I said it, I HATE Hi-Points. :p

Double like.:D
like_icon_cg1p57619486c_th_zpsrneat9uw.jpg

I actually don't hate Hi-Points. Yes, they are ugly, and heavy as a brick. But the .45 I owned was very accurate and fully reliable. The carbines are even better - would still have one except for the single-stack magazines. But hate them, nope.

I actually don't hate Hi-Points. Yes, they are ugly, and heavy as a brick. But the .45 I owned was very accurate and fully reliable. The carbines are even better - would still have one except for the single-stack magazines. But hate them, nope.

There really is no good reason for the slide to be so blocky and heavy. And I've seen Demolition Ranch's video where several times he would fire it and the slide would kinda "hang" for about a half a second when picking up the next round. Nope, I HATE Hi-Points and will never own one. Their tag is "offering the most gun for the dollar". Why does a self admitted "cheap" gun make me cringe?

There really is no good reason for the slide to be so blocky and heavy. And I've seen Demolition Ranch's video where several times he would fire it and the slide would kinda "hang" for about a half a second when picking up the next round. Nope, I HATE Hi-Points and will never own one. Their tag is "offering the most gun for the dollar". Why does a self admitted "cheap" gun make me cringe?

Considering what SCCY can do for just a few $$ more in the way of weight, size, etc., I would think Hi-Point may be overdue for some revisions.

Considering what SCCY can do for just a few $$ more in the way of weight, size, etc., I would think Hi-Point may be overdue for some revisions.

Now you're talking. Really, there is just no reason that the Hi-Point is what it is, except for sheer laziness from their R&D department. Frankly it looks and feels like some kind of prototype garage-built gun.

Now you're talking. Really, there is just no reason that the Hi-Point is what it is, except for sheer laziness from their R&D department. Frankly it looks and feels like some kind of prototype garage-built gun.

Surprisingly, they have quite a following. Back when I bought one years ago, I checked in to their forum - quite a few devotees there. I suspect most of them are on very limited budgets. Other than the sheer interest value they have, there are much better guns for just a little bit more.

Take the recent sale on the Shields, for example...

Surprisingly, they have quite a following. Back when I bought one years ago, I checked in to their forum - quite a few devotees there. I suspect most of them are on very limited budgets. Other than the sheer interest value they have, there are much better guns for just a little bit more.

Take the recent sale on the Shields, for example...

The devotees are just talking themselves into it until they can afford a Glock. Not meaning to put anyone down that is in a low financial bracket but again there are far better options for just a few dollars more. But the HP has made some waves as being the "cheapest" gun and therefore people buy them not knowing what else can be had in that price range.

The devotees are just talking themselves into it until they can afford a Glock. Not meaning to put anyone down that is in a low financial bracket but again there are far better options for just a few dollars more. But the HP has made some waves as being the "cheapest" gun and therefore people buy them not knowing what else can be had in that price range.

Hey, doesn't @Joe Link own a pimped-out C-note Hi-Point?? :rolleyes:

When people show me their new pistol and it's a HiPoint, I cringe and vomit a little in the back of my throat. I feel the same way about Rhino revolvers too. They may shoot, but the same analogy can be made to an AMC Gremlin getting you to work.