JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, just mine, that is. I was gifted this beautiful MkII Snider Short Rifle by a friend about five years ago, but for one reason or another [I live in UK, remember] was unable to shoot it until now. It is one of nine off the rack at the Quebec Garrison Artillery Battery, and devoid of any DC diamonds.
1624134101949.png
1624134165831.png
1624134205555.png
1624134282629.png
I mixed up some of *Rob's recipe lube, using locally-'grown' beeswax [we live out in a very rural village, where there are a number of apiaries] and shortening - we'll see how it goes with a hundred brand-new cases from Bertram and NDFS. Luckily for me, I had enough Minié bullets to spare to load up for fire-forming to this Snider, and at some time I'll need to do the same for my other one, a Militia three-bander bought from a fine gentleman on this very forum. Another fellow Snider shooter here has one of X-Ring Services' flat-base moulds, and after donating him a couple of hundred pounds of lead, he'll be making me more bullets than the ten he gave me to try out.

I'm betting that I won't get through more than about fifty tomorrow, though. My face is still a mite delicate from cancer surgery three years ago, but I'll do the best I can. If I can get a fellow shooter to make a little video of the event I'll let you know. It will be up on Youtube.

This is me shooting it before it became mine the following year...

*Rob of britishmuzzloaders on Youtube.

Looks like fun and such nice looking guns. How come no 24ga shotgun hulls loaded with black powder and roundball? I have read it is lots fun also and cheaper than shooting .577 cartridges. At one time I was thinking of buying a Snider but never did.

Looks like fun and such nice looking guns. How come no 24ga shotgun hulls loaded with black powder and roundball? I have read it is lots fun also and cheaper than shooting .577 cartridges. At one time I was thinking of buying a Snider but never did.
The next 24g brass cartridge I see here in UK will be the very first one I've ever seen in my life. With easy access to Bertram Brass cases I have not need to go looking, especially for something I'd never find.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top