JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Completely agree with this. An Obama appointed faction within the ATF decides to go after a small number of high profile gun makers weeks before the election despite the Trump DOJ and several Republican leglislators telling the ATF to stop any attempt to redefine braces as stocks. This is pure politics and we are witnessing factions within the ATF attempt to influence the election by agitating the 2A community.

This is not a partisan view. Publicly elected officials do NOT agitate their constituents weeks before an election. This is the part of the show where all sorts unrealistic promises get made to the voting public, not where crackdowns take place. Thus, it should be obvious what is going on here.

The fact is most of the non gun owning public don't know the difference between a pistol or a revolver. You can tell them anything and they will agree with you. It's a no lose issue for politicians.

I spent 5 minutes explaining the difference between an assault rifle and a semi-automatic to the parent of one of my students one day. I was impressed that she would take an interest since she clearly didn't want to shoot. We had ARs, AKs and an M82 on the line at the time. As soon as I finished she said "So all of these are assault rifles?" :confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

I probably didn't deliver the most convincing patient smile, but at least I didn't call her any names.

Ha, so at this moment it appears this opinion was issued by a local field agent in Boston, not by the NFA branch of the ATF.

Seems to me that any agitation would be an advantage for the Republicans ...

Agree. Gun owners are not going to suddenly switch their vote to Biden because of braces, given that Biden talks about outlawing AR's en masse. Make no sense-
Second- Why hasn't Trump "taken a flamethrower" to the ATF. There's nothing preventing him or Barr from repopulating it. The ATF reports into Barr does it not ?
That aside, Alex does a great job of illuminating the lunacy at work there.

Agree. Gun owners are not going to suddenly switch their vote to Biden because of braces, given that Biden talks about outlawing AR's en masse. Make no sense-
Second- Why hasn't Trump "taken a flamethrower" to the ATF. There's nothing preventing him or Barr from repopulating it. The ATF reports into Barr does it not ?
That aside, Alex does a great job of illuminating the lunacy at work there.
To be fair he's been busy rebuilding our economy, killing CRT, dropping the Paris Accord, fixing the VA, killing the bad trade deal with China, ending the failed nuclear treaty with... oh what am I doing, there is a whole site devoted to that. Anyway he's gotten a lot done. Maybe he'll get to it next week. :)

To be fair he's been busy rebuilding our economy, killing CRT, dropping the Paris Accord, fixing the VA, killing the bad trade deal with China, ending the failed nuclear treaty with... oh what am I doing, there is a whole site devoted to that. Anyway he's gotten a lot done. Maybe he'll get to it next week. :)
Can't he put Jared on it ?

but seriously- the ATF is under Barr and the DOJ. Barr could reel them in this afternoon if he wanted. It's an email..

Can't he put Jared on it ?

but seriously- the ATF is under Barr and the DOJ. Barr could reel them in this afternoon if he wanted. It's an email..
I haven't seen a lot of results from Barr yet. To hear him talk, a lot of people will be going away for a long time, but nothing's happened yet. I think you're right about Jared even if it was a joke. The man gets results.

From the perspective of the Biden/Trump campaigns, there are effectively three options in the upcoming election:

1.) Vote Trump
2.) Vote third party (eg Libertarian) or don't vote
3.) Vote Biden

The gun vote mostly votes Trump, some vote third party/no vote and a small number will vote Biden. Any strategy that can move Trump voters to third-party/no vote is win for Biden as it takes votes away from Trump. In close national campaigns with highly polarized electorate, such strategies are heavily used near the end of the campaign cycle because most voters in the Trump and Biden camps will not switch to the opposite side, but are susceptible to switching to third party or not voting.

A partisan element within the ATF going outside their official duties in explicit violation of two Trump executive orders (orders 13891 and 13892, see Q's rebuttal) right before the election, to me at least, is clearly typical of such an end of cycle strategy. This is especially abhorent as it is executed by unelected government agency officials.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top