JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who and what is OFF?

OFF Is used to remove Bugs, in this case OFF, which also bugs me, requires lack of funding to stop bugging our rights.
OFF is a Lobbyist, that is vocal, yet in my opinion not educated in the ways of Gun-Rights loss.
They make claims to represent firearms owners, but they do so in a very sloppy way, often making us look worse then
we ever should. They may serve a purpose but only a very slim representation of the majority of Firearms owners in my opinion.
Which at times gives antis an even more dim view of gun owners.

You mentioned "HB1374: Overturning State Preemption (every jurisdiction in the state will be able to make its own gun laws)"

Typically this means local jurisdictions can make laws more restrictive than state law but not less so.

Yup...it'll be in 'addition to...' rather than 'instead of...'

Preemption falling, despite their flowery titling, will make it exceedingly challenging to comply with a myriad of laws all over the state...legal in this county, illegal in that city, and on and on...varying all over the place.

Or those in charge of the jurisdiction much just decide to ban evil so-called semi-auto assault rifles...look at Kindcountycantwait.org...they take it even further...it'll just suck to be you.

Getting arrested for a 'gun crime' is highly inadvisable. It is one of the most troublesome bills being contemplated...

Like the one picture shows...No one wants to take your guns...they'll just make it such a PITA/expensive to own or use them, no one will want to. Then they'll just shrug and say 'Well, that's your choice...'

BOSS

One should never strive to look like the carictuture the anti-2a people make of us. I even go out of my way to say, "self-defense rights" as opposed to "gun rights". I recognize that the supporters of the 2a are made out to be morons, but we don't have to comply with that stereotype.

OFF is "Oregon Firearms Federation". Another 2a rights group. They can get a little hyperbolic on rhetoric, but their "no compromise" attitude is refreshing. They should find a way to keep the attitude, and lose any resemblance to the caricture of gun owners promoted by the Bloomberg left.

Just doing a 'drive-by'. Will update people on what we saw at the church, but I may not be able to due to work till tomorrow night/Wednesday.

note: I did see the people with the sign at a hwy84 overpass. Your guess is as good as mine as to who they were.

Anyone read OFF's emails and letters, by their leader.......like ever?
This kinda stinkin thinkin like done by OFF drives these idiots into thinking Fear is how we win.
Getting tired of your constant "negative vibes" about OFF, Kevin, etc. DH. Put your hard one for them away. Tired of looking at it. Time to speak as one voice.

91632355-25FB-458C-B7D8-1E8066E5B24D.jpeg

Getting tired of your constant "negative vibes" about OFF, Kevin, etc. DH. Put your hard one for them away. Tired of looking at it. Time to speak as one voice.

Be clear, as public entity that accepts public donations, OFF and any others are up for scrutiny. OFF makes firearms owners look like gun toting hicks in my opinion, and its not appreciated.
And as a public entity, OFF comments good and bad are allowed by this site, just like questioning any politician and the NRA for bump stock. I will end when groups like OFF and others are held accountable. For the record I am hard on the NRA as well so this is not personal.

Don't like my comments don't read them. I don't know you, and really your comment violates rules here, I am addressing issues with how OFF claims to represent gun owners and anti-politicians think that as well. You love OFF great and thats your right. It is also my right to discredit the BS that is being pumped by OFF, or the NRA. I don't have a HO, Id am a champion against B.S. . The 2nd Amendment patriots wont be bullied by any lobby pro- or Against. Gun owners have the right to be viewed as intelligent lovers of the Constitution. Not as OFF portrays.
I won't respond to any other issues you have with my comments. Trying not to break rules here even though you think its fine. You have your self a super nice evening.

EDIT : Anyone wondering I donated several hundred to OFF, every year for over 10 years and stopped. I donated with the NRA over 30 years and stopped two years ago.
I am supporting other pro-lobbyist. Not that its anyone business, but I more then support the cause.

Last Edited:
Sorry for going "off" on you DH, but your thread #14 was just one straw too many for me. Sticking the knife in his back without him here to defend himself is a little much. I've known Kevin quit a while and hate to see a few on this site belittle him and what he does in Salem - evidently not for you, but for me, and many other gun owners in Oregon. It is not constructive for 2A Patriots to have grenade throwers in our midst. You don't know him, and you don't know the full story of the positive things he's done for us. It seems there is something personal between you and him. If there is, that's too bad for our cause. Best to leave it on the playground. Yes, he's no compromise, with a short fuse. But he got that way dealing for years with deceitfull, lying leftists. There was a time when he could wheel, and make honorable deals, with Democrats. Those days are gone. Sadly never to return. He's burned out, and you can't blame him. Nearly every elected politician in Oregon, from governor to dog catcher is a Democrat - and they stick together like glue. Not like us, huh? I got my short fuse from what I heard from Kevin, and own experience dealing them. He's right. I respect him and what he tries to do for us. If you think you can do better, get yourself an office in Salem, and go for it. Until you can do a better job, I'll send my money to Kevin. Best regards, Herb

If OFF actually coordinated a grass roots effort, then I'd be impressed. I know Kevin is in the thick of the fight, but he's just one voice.

OFF should be on the offensive always. There should have been pro-gun and pro Second Amendment legislation drafted and ready to go for the 2019 Legislative session. Especially considering SB41 last summer...

I'll continue to support OFF financially, cause every little bit helps. But always playing defense isn't the way to win the game...

If OFF actually coordinated a grass roots effort, then I'd be impressed. I know Kevin is in the thick of the fight, but he's just one voice.

OFF should be on the offensive always. There should have been pro-gun and pro Second Amendment legislation drafted and ready to go for the 2019 Legislative session. Especially considering SB41 last summer...

I'll continue to support OFF financially, cause every little bit helps. But always playing defense isn't the way to win the game...
You're right, he's only one man, and refuses to put on help... and I wish he would- he's outnumbered, and outgunned. If anyone should have PTSD, it's him. I wish the guys on this sight could share their venom on a more worthy cause - like Oregon Hunters Association. Now for 10,000 dues paying, hunting, members, THAT is a worthless group. We tried locally to put some pressure on them to get political, for the interest of their members, and endorse candidates ( for a block of 10K voters would do some good), but their board turned us down. They should be embarrassed for what they haven't done. Kevin tells me their rep in Salem never can be found.

I have a hard time believing that a bunch of liberal agenda pushers would actually take the time to pose as crazed gun pushers on public overpasses.
Maybe I'm just naive, but sounds to me a bit paranoid. Although if true, it could be a very effective tactic!

I sure wish that there were members of this firearm group that could get organized to communicate with each other over pro gun activism and coordinate a more effective solution. The image represented in this photo is not one that I want to be associated with myself, and I would assume the same of a majority of others who vote (or don't vote) pro2A.

I would not put it past them to pay someone to do it.

I sure wish that there were members of this firearm group that could get organized to communicate with each other over pro gun activism and coordinate a more effective solution.

Yep, we've been needing defintiive official boots-on-the ground leadership for some time. A Full-time Leader actually IN CHARGE, who has decision making &spending authority, as well as some resources/a budget.

Boss

when you talk about other "gun people" and you "don't like the way they do things"
or " I don't like it" therefore they "must be a plant" remember

Oregon courts, have asserted already that Article I section 27 of Oregon's Constitution is not coextensive with the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. According to state courts, Oregon's Constitution protects only firearms that are similar to those commonly possessed by citizens when the state constitution was approved in 1859.

when you talk about other "gun people" and you "don't like the way they do things"
or " I don't like it" therefore they "must be a plant" remember

Oregon courts, have asserted already that Article I section 27 of Oregon's Constitution is not coextensive with the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. According to state courts, Oregon's Constitution protects only firearms that are similar to those commonly possessed by citizens when the state constitution was approved in 1859.

Federal law trumps state law, the 2nd Amendment is not a suggestion

Federal law trumps state law, the 2nd Amendment is not a suggestion
If a state defies federal law, but the federal government doesn't enforce its law in that state, is federal law really the "trump" card?
If state law contradicts federal law but it's not something that affects national security or international relations, the fed might not intervene. In Nevada, certain counties have legalized prostitution, which also violates federal law, but the federal government has so far not enforced the doctrine of pre-emption in Nevada. etc etc etc

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top