JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. (statement)

Rights restoration has to occur at the state level and subsequent judgments may take time to filter though and be updated in the federal NICS database. Forwarding certified copies of the court order can be sent directly to the feds to help speed the process, but it's not an immediate "fix" as soon as the ink dries... for the purpose of passing a BGC, that is.

An additional: IIRC that was part of the reason one of my relations opted to go with a service. Part of it was handling the forwarding of the court order, and with the appropriate cover letter in legalese instructing them of the requirement to update their records accordingly, to all applicable state and federal agencies.

Well, there are numerous good reasons to have hard drugs like, crack, heroin, meth, fentanyl, etc. be illegal. Just look in any democrat controlled city where drugs have been "decriminalized." These cities are complete dumps now. People camped everywhere, crime skyrocketing, people crapping on the sidewalks, trash everywhere.
Yes, welcome to Portland. It used to be a nice city, now it's gone to bubblegum due to all everything you've listed.

Great come back. Read the book and you'll see. I know it's too much effort for you but try reading a book instead of having people explain everything to you 🙄
It took you two weeks to comeback with that….

I'm not buying and reading your lefty bullsh!t. If you had an answer (a factual answer) you would have provided it. Instead you just linked a book on Amazon that you yourself have probably never read. But hey the title fit your narrative so it must be true.

Pass.

A district judge just granted a motion to dismiss in that felon with a firearm case. Unconstitutional and did an outstanding job utterly gutting the gooberment and previous case history on the matter using Bruen.

If only more judges followed the law like him, we would actually be getting somewhere. (Unlike the NY judge that just called the Bruen decision... basically, "stupid nonsense" and blatantly ruled against an injunction using interest balancing.)

To note though that the judge clearly did no personally agree with Bruen and from about page 75 goes on his soap box for a couple pages to basically shoot down "originalism" and forecast that change is inevitable and that he doesn't believe "the people" will let decisions like Bruen to stand for long. Basically, we shouldn't be letting the long dead voices of the past dictate progress in modern society.

Short story... he justly ruled according to law, but he clearly didn't like it!

Last Edited:
It does make you wonder though if he ruled according to the law because he respects the law... or... just a new tactic to hopefully piss off enough people and call them to arms to fight back against SCOTUS, hu(?)

Regardless, he ruled as he should have and he might just get a rude awakening. Rather than him seeing "the people" pushing more toward wokeism... he might end up seeing the tide turning even more toward a return to traditional values.

It seems more and more of the "silent majority" are starting to awaken to what's been allowed to happen and are starting to push back.

It does make you wonder though if he ruled according to the law because he respects the law... or... just a new tactic to hopefully piss off enough people and call them to arms to fight back against SCOTUS, hu(?)

Regardless, he ruled as he should have and he might just get a rude awakening. Rather than him seeing "the people" pushing more toward wokeism... he might end up seeing the tide turning even more toward a return to traditional values.

It seems more and more of the "silent majority" are starting to awaken to what's been allowed to happen and are starting to push back.
There are procedures that State Legislatures and Federal Congress can do to amend, modify, repeal parts of the Constitution but the votes just are not there

To my knowledge, simple possession of weed isn't a felony, unless they have a large amount and intent to distribute or sell.

I give zero F*cks about thieves and don't care if they lose their rights.

Committing a felony isn't something that just accidentally happens. There are, of course, exceptions to everything, but I feel as though criminals aren't held accountable enough for what they do anymore. The soft-on-crime mentality of many of today's prosecutors, judges and politicians is just maddening. Hell, a good portion of felonies committed in this day and age are plead down to gross misdemeanors it seems like anyways.

To my knowledge, simple possession of weed isn't a felony, unless they have a large amount and intent to distribute or sell.

I give zero F*cks about thieves and don't care if they lose their rights.

Committing a felony isn't something that just accidentally happens. There are, of course, exceptions to everything, but I feel as though criminals aren't held accountable enough for what they do anymore. The soft-on-crime mentality of many of today's prosecutors, judges and politicians is just maddening. Hell, a good portion of felonies committed in this day and age are plead down to gross misdemeanors it seems like anyways.
Actually here is how works, 1st tactic, make different "classes" ineligible for gun possession. 1st first time felons, then drug users and then anyone who ever been in a mental place, 2nd tactic, increase kinds and types of crimes that fall in to felony and DV categories (child support? ) I know an unliked man that spent 5 years locked up unable to support his kids because he was hunting and had a felony child support conviction. 3rd tactic, make the punishment so devastating so as to have to plead guilty to a felon (89 months, or 30 months if u plead guilty to a felony for a simple Assault) No, the system is skewered to make every person possible to be ineligible to own firearms. and while it might not be an accident to lose eligibility, but it's forced upon you. whether or not u agree to the conviction.

Its guestimated that over 80 million americans legally own guns. Seems to me that if the laws were that heinous there would be alot less owners. Personally - if you are felon too bad for you.

Its guestimated that over 80 million americans legally own guns. Seems to me that if the laws were that heinous there would be alot less owners. Personally - if you are felon too bad for you.
Supposedly... 1 to 2yr old common stats seem to say about 33% of Americans own firearms and about 44% of households have a firearm. We know that number has been increasing, but if it's true... that would mean more around 110 million Americans legally own firearms.

So... one perspective might be that laws are heinous enough already that there are about 200 million fewer American gun owners than their "should" be. And that still allows for 20 million or so Americans that shouldn't be allowed or are otherwise disqualified from being able to exercise their 2A rights.

Just sayin.... :s0140:

Because you have the right being a law abiding citizens does not mean you have to own a firearm. Some choose npt to it should and is a personal choice.

Supposedly... 1 to 2yr old common stats seem to say about 33% of Americans own firearms and about 44% of households have a firearm. We know that number has been increasing, but if it's true... that would mean more around 110 million Americans legally own firearms.

So... one perspective might be that laws are heinous enough already that there are about 200 million fewer American gun owners than their "should" be. And that still allows for 20 million or so Americans that shouldn't be allowed or are otherwise disqualified from being able to exercise their 2A rights.

Just sayin.... :s0140:

Over 415 million firearms. Over 81 million gun owners. Over 171 million handguns, over 146 million rifles.

Over 415 million firearms. Over 81 million gun owners. Over 171 million handguns, over 146 million rifles.
The ones they think they know about and from those that willingly admit to owning a firearm... or at least to having one in the home. Right(?)

I know what my answer would be if some survey auditor called to ask me.

Although the way I read his comment was him saying that there are a crazy amount of people that own guns... so the laws and restrictions we are complaining about don't really have any impact on anyone being able to exercise their rights. (But I could be wrong).

The ones they think they know about and from those that willingly admit to owning a firearm... or at least to having one in the home. Right(?)

I know what my answer would be if some survey auditor called to ask me.

Although the way I read his comment was him saying that there are a crazy amount of people that own guns... so the laws and restrictions we are complaining about don't really have any impact on anyone being able to exercise their rights. (But I could be wrong).
That's why I'm saying "over x numbers" :)

To note though that the judge clearly did no personally agree with Bruen and from about page 75 goes on his soap box for a couple pages to basically shoot down "originalism" and forecast that change is inevitable and that he doesn't believe "the people" will let decisions like Bruen to stand for long. Basically, we shouldn't be letting the long dead voices of the past dictate progress in modern society.
Just a follow up to the judges ruling. He followed Bruen, but went on an anti Bruen rant the last 2 pages of his ruling.

(Starts 2min in)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads