JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If a state defies federal law, but the federal government doesn't enforce its law in that state, is federal law really the "trump" card?
If state law contradicts federal law but it's not something that affects national security or international relations, the fed might not intervene. In Nevada, certain counties have legalized prostitution, which also violates federal law, but the federal government has so far not enforced the doctrine of pre-emption in Nevada. etc etc etc

Not a lawyer but there is something fundamentally wrong with creating felons out of good citizens with a pen--I call it Treason & those politicians are looking to set off something they may soon regret

If a state defies federal law, but the federal government doesn't enforce its law in that state, is federal law really the "trump" card?
If state law contradicts federal law but it's not something that affects national security or international relations, the fed might not intervene. In Nevada, certain counties have legalized prostitution, which also violates federal law, but the federal government has so far not enforced the doctrine of pre-emption in Nevada. etc etc etc

Prostitution built the west

when you talk about other "gun people" and you "don't like the way they do things"
or " I don't like it" therefore they "must be a plant" remember

Oregon courts, have asserted already that Article I section 27 of Oregon's Constitution is not coextensive with the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. According to state courts, Oregon's Constitution protects only firearms that are similar to those commonly possessed by citizens when the state constitution was approved in 1859.

That idiotic bit of tortured reasoning, (imagine it applied to the freedom of speech), bit the literal dust when MacDonald v. Chicago incorporated the 2A onto the states.

Heller v. DC explicitly blew up an argument exactly like the one the Oregon Court of Appeals cooked up about the firearms of 1859 and dismissed it out of hand, effectively saying, "that's not how constitutional rights are evaluated."

Oregon State Shooting Assoc. v. Multnomah County is a dead letter.

Ive never understood the criticism of OFF, Been following OFF for several years now and theyve been at the front of working against every anti gun bill every year, present at speaking at letislative sessions in Salem, notifies me of who and what senators to write. Pushed pro gun legislation. Ive even got direct email replies to questions ive asked directly from Kevin, and in a timely manner.... And im just a random person nobody special. OFFs done more for gun rights in this state than any other pro gun group that Ive seen.

Ive never understood the criticism of OFF, Been following OFF for several years now and theyve been at the front of working against every anti gun bill every year, present at speaking at letislative sessions in Salem, notifies me of who and what senators to write. Pushed pro gun legislation. Ive even got direct email replies to questions ive asked directly from Kevin, and in a timely manner.... And im just a random person nobody special. OFFs done more for gun rights in this state than any other pro gun group that Ive seen.

Was OFF the organizers of this event spoken of in the original post? If they are, I sure would like to speak to them as well!

Agreed. But I didn't fill out the last "email your legislators" link OFF sent out because the prewritten email was way too rant-y for me. That's not gonna change any minds...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top