Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The honorary empty seat.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Cogs, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

An empty seat to honor the victims of gun violence? The part that gets me is the word 'an', meaning one. One empty seat. Is that all? Where are all the other empty seats?

You know, the empty seat to symbolize vehicle violence? The one for axe violence? One for knives, one for shovels? Aren't they all the same? Inanimate objects that do violence?

What's that? You mean violence with a vehicle is done by the driver? Axe violence is caused by the person swinging the axe? Really now. So what you are saying is, 'people' commit the crime, not vehicles, axes, knives and shovels. But guns are different? Aren't they the same kind of inanimate object as those other objects?

In this day of equality, correctness and hyper-sensitivity, we really should be treating all objects the same. God forbid we should offend one.

If it were up to me, the whole auditorium would be full of empty seats. In honor of the victims of people violence

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

You see, he can't even think of something original, he has to copycat Clint Eastwood!!!!
    What a Chump Monkey!!!!

3MTA3, DuneHopper, 41Slinger and 3 others like this.
  3. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Sounds like the perfect place for our "empty suit" of a president to sit.:mad:

4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

How bout an empty seat for the Sailors just captured by the Iranians?:s0118:
    Another Iranian Hostage 'Situation', the perfect end for a Perfect Presidency o_O

5. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

it would help if gun owners would stop using the term "gun violence" and start calling it what it really is....

3MTA3, Caveman Jim and Cogs like this.
  6. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

We should be happy when gun haters use the term "gun violence". It is rare that a debating point is so easily refuted.

206thsense and Cogs like this.
  7. Koda

if they were using logic, maybe....

8. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

"An empty seat to honor the victims of gun violence?"

They need to put a loaded 45 in the seat and see if it kills anybody.:p
    To explain, if a loaded 45 can keep from shooting someone in a room full of antigun libtards, GUNS are NOT violent.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  9. edslhead

If you get killed by a tornado, nobody will ever know your name.

Blood pressures goin up:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Caveman Jim and Brutus57 like this.
  10. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

What?:confused:

11. edslhead

They make it sound like if you get killed by a gun your some kind of hero. They interview families and give your life history. What the hell is with that. What makes getting shot so special to these retards. You die any other way and your ignored by the libs.
    How about just a freakin seat for people who have died?

Caveman Jim and erudne like this.
  12. erudne

I see.
    Their agenda has nothing to do with saving lives or protecting PPL. Their agenda is solely to disarm America prior to it's total enslavement/destruction

13. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Actually, I don't think I've heard of any gun owners using that phrase "gun violence". I used it, in the original post above, only because that's how I've heard the liberal media report on it all day.

It's a term they like because it sells readership and their agenda. (We all know it's not the gun that did it... Even they know!) They would rather use it every chance they get to 'stir the pot' and get people fired up to 'do the correct thing to do'. After all, who gets excited about 'victims of people violence'?

Oh, I'll correct that misspelled word... Inadament to the correct spelling... Inanimate. :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim and Koda like this.
  14. Koda

actually a better way I could have said it would be we need to call out the media and antis when they use it.

I have heard gun owners use it, I think its an anti term we should avoid similar to using "high capacity".

Caveman Jim and Cogs like this.
  15. GUNARCHER

GUNARCHER Well-Known Member

Criminal violence PERIOD!!!!

16. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

How about an empty seats for all those victims of gun violence who lost their lives because idiotic gun laws prevented them from defending themselves from thugs, gangbangers, and other criminals?

17. Cogs

We'll be looking for those seats. He's on right now. Later!

18. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

What about the empty seat for his missing brains?
    Crazy Joe's adult mentality?
    Michelle's twig and berries?
    Clinton's soul?

C'mon!

Caveman Jim and Cogs like this.
  19. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Someone posed a dilemma to me the other day.
    Who would I vote for if the only two candidates were Obama and Hillary?
    The question floored me, as I couldn't decide who was the lesser of two evils.

20. Cogs

Ha Ha! My son, 17, being so disturbed over what was being said, got out the 20 gauge and kept it by his chair. It was all I could do to keep him from shooting out the TV! In fact, I almost grabbed it a couple times! :eek:

edslhead likes this.