JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
this thread blows me away. It's one thing to have a few angry customers, but man this has got to be a record. Oh of course not many here are customers which makes it even more entertaining.

are you implying people are BSing, or acknowledging that all of these people could have been customers, had they not been treated poorly and given astronomically high, even for local shop, prices?

can you imagine any business with this bad of a rep?

i hated these guys back before internet gun forums even existed, going all the way back to before i knew anything about anything. i think the first time i ever went in was about '98 or '99, interested in getting a 1911.. the attitude i was given, and then after i commented that their prices were significantly higher than everyone else in town, was outrageous. i gave them a couple other tries over the years.. and got the same condescending, elitist, yet almost reptard-level ignorant opinions as before. i'm sure i've posted an example or two somewhere in these 9 pages of collective hatred.

and over the years ive never met a single person who had a single good thing to say about them. if i had a rep like this, i'd have been out of business years ago. it's amazing.

I live only a couple of blocks from Keith's so no reason to really shop anywhere else, but I have to say... this thread is HILARIOUS!

keith is a bit of a douche-bag, but he's not bad, relatively speaking. prices are actually pretty good, compared to other "local" shops.

i don't know... something about owning, running, or simply working for a gunshop really tends to bring out the stupid in people. its a rare and beautiful thing when you get a professional attitude AND quality opinions.

are you implying people are BSing, or acknowledging that all of these people could have been customers, had they not been treated poorly and given astronomically high, even for local shop, prices?

There is no hidden meaning in my message. if you look back in this thread most have went into the store, got pissed off and left. I consider that a potential customer, but not a customer - get it? And to top it off they have all the same feedback. I truly believe all of the comments here and would never go there.

There was/is a motorcycle shop in Salem with a similar reputation, I wont go there either.

can you imagine any business with this bad of a rep?

i hated these guys back before internet gun forums even existed, going all the way back to before i knew anything about anything. i think the first time i ever went in was about '98 or '99, interested in getting a 1911.. the attitude i was given, and then after i commented that their prices were significantly higher than everyone else in town, was outrageous. i gave them a couple other tries over the years.. and got the same condescending, elitist, yet almost reptard-level ignorant opinions as before. i'm sure i've posted an example or two somewhere in these 9 pages of collective hatred.

and over the years ive never met a single person who had a single good thing to say about them. if i had a rep like this, i'd have been out of business years ago. it's amazing.

Hay grampa...there were internet forums in 1998 and 1999. :D

Wow, wish I had read the thread before I went in a few months ago.
I was being "helped" at the counter when another customer (who had just bought a pricey holster) asked about a small part for his gun. One of the guys suggested Winks Hardware, but couldn't be bothered to look up an address or phone # for him - and let him know that. Nice guy too (customer). I was blown away. I was shopping for a single six, and while they had several - I could not believe the prices. I also had to hear about "plastic guns" blowing up and the almighty Sarah P. I ran.
Now I just laugh when I see their commercials on TV.

I called the other day looking for a specific gun and I was told they are "revamping" their store and how they do business. I wonder what they mean buy this.

A few years ago one of Warrens son's told me that he "stood to inherit the place",
and the first thing he was a gonna do was cut the prices of everything in half.

Hmmmmm.
Anybody know Warren's last name?

I too stopped in the other day. I was looking at Ruger single action 44's. They guy proceeded to show me a Ruger that after one shot lost it's barrel. He was trying to sell me a 3 screw that he claimed was 1000 times better than the newer Rugers. And oh yes. I got the lecture on plastic guns also...
Guns are still way over priced. The only thing I liked about the place was the "Buy American" attitude.

I have been in there and one reason they charge more for their guns is , If you ever have a problem they cover any and all repairs on SITE ,And if you have ever bought a new gun and had problems your on your own you pay to ship it you pay the repair costs then you pay any and all fees coming back.
The gun room Has and ON SITE Gun smith simply bring it back and they cover it .
tell me of any other shop in the area that does that . I can't think of any.
But that said I have listen to the plastic gun BS too and here it is fortunately we live in a free country at least for a while longer, and you have the choice to shop or not shop based on your experience ,. Also having the freedom to express yourself is truly a wonderful thing I have made my piece about Gun shops here in Washington as well .And I know I have opened up a can of worms with this but so be it .
Go to the gun show and be happy

I have been in there and one reason they charge more for their guns is , If you ever have a problem they cover any and all repairs on SITE ,And if you have ever bought a new gun and had problems your on your own you pay to ship it you pay the repair costs then you pay any and all fees coming back.
The gun room Has and ON SITE Gun smith simply bring it back and they cover it .
tell me of any other shop in the area that does that . I can't think of any.
But that said I have listen to the plastic gun BS too and here it is fortunately we live in a free country at least for a while longer, and you have the choice to shop or not shop based on your experience ,. Also having the freedom to express yourself is truly a wonderful thing I have made my piece about Gun shops here in Washington as well .And I know I have opened up a can of worms with this but so be it .
Go to the gun show and be happy
Sorry, but that is crap. That does not justify their high prices. I have been at the Gun Broker many times where a guy walks in with a problem with a new or used gun he just bought and heard Royd tell them he will either send it back for them or have his gunsmith see if he can fix it for them at no charge.

His prices are high because he takes advantage of rubes. I used to work for one of his main rubes.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews