JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope it was an honest mistake.

i doubt it, based on how irritated the guy became when i continued to question on the matter. i said something like, "are you sure? i thought it was illegal?," whereby he became snippy. i was relatively pleasant about the conversation, and i tried to convey that i just wanted to be sure. i was clear as day about the trade scenario, and he said it was completely legal to do without using an ffl as a middleman.

I've learned to stay away from The Gun Room. They are rude to just about anybody except their old cronies. They can make you wait forever while they jawbone with somebody about nothing. I'm already 63 years old. I don't have enough time left to waste on jerkwads like these guys. I was standing there waiting once and watched the counter guy trying to unload some monster pistol (I think it was a 1911 of some type - it was pretty expensive) on some poor young dude and his wide-eyed wife who had asked about buying a gun for home protection. I could tell that the kid had never held a pistol in his life and the counter guy was trying to foist a hand cannon on him. I got disgusted and left. Never been back.

I do all my shopping at Keith's. Great shop, excellent service and knowledgeable staff. They seem happy for my business and I'm happy to give it to them.

stopped in the other day against my better judgement played stupid and looked at some guns they are marking stuff up 200-300 over msrp talk about thieves with very poor customer service, they are one small local shop that i wouldnt mind seeing a going outta business sign in the front window, being rude to customers is one thing but ripping off the unsuspecting should be illegal

I have had two heirloom firearms cleaned and repaired at The Gun Room. I would never purchase a gun there, because of prices. I will purchase reloading supplies and other "stuff". Yes, they are gruff old men and do not seem to be there to make money. They took fine care of my wife's grandfather's Marlin 336 and are still in possession of my grandfather's .38 S&W revolver. You don't have to like them and by all means, you don't have to go inside their store. One thing I will never take away from them is their appreciation of quality, American made firearms. The care and description that they have given me has been invaluable. At the same time, I have heard the Glock and Ruger remarks. As far as I am concerned, they provide me with a valuable service. When I tell them that a gun is an heirloom, I know it will be treated as such. If they came down on their prices(on new firearms especially) and maybe were a little more "tolerant" of others views, opinions or lack of firearm handling and experience, they could be one of the best shops in town. What else is there located that centrally on the east side? Kip.

I have had two heirloom firearms cleaned and repaired at The Gun Room. I would never purchase a gun there, because of prices. I will purchase reloading supplies and other "stuff". Yes, they are gruff old men and do not seem to be there to make money. They took fine care of my wife's grandfather's Marlin 336 and are still in possession of my grandfather's .38 S&W revolver. You don't have to like them and by all means, you don't have to go inside their store. One thing I will never take away from them is their appreciation of quality, American made firearms. The care and description that they have given me has been invaluable. At the same time, I have heard the Glock and Ruger remarks. As far as I am concerned, they provide me with a valuable service. When I tell them that a gun is an heirloom, I know it will be treated as such. If they came down on their prices(on new firearms especially) and maybe were a little more "tolerant" of others views, opinions or lack of firearm handling and experience, they could be one of the best shops in town. What else is there located that centrally on the east side? Kip.

Hi Kip,

I can see the points you make, but I have a MAJOR problem with this store.

When a non gun person wanders in there and is abused by these people, it reflects badly on ALL of the shooting community, not just their store. When they take advantage of someone who doesn't know what their grandpas gun is worth, by buying it for pennies on the dollar, they may turn that person against the second amendment for the rest of their life.

By supporting people who "work" non gun people like they do, you are actually harming your freedom to even own a gun! The second amendment is under constant assault and as gun owners we need to do everything we can to encourage the non gun people to support us, and the last thing we should do is abuse them or support those who do!

smonk, your points are all valid as well. I cannot say that I have heard of "grandpa's gun" being purchased for an unethical amount and sold for 5 times the purchase price. I am not at all suggesting that it did not happen or that it couldn't happen. I have seen expensive items pushed on people that obviously did not know better. I can't argue with that. My only point in my "defense" of The Gun Room is that they have an upside. It is strange though, that car lots and lawyers are expected to charge far more than they paid or put out for a product or service, but somehow folks that make money on a much smaller scale are held to these standards of "doing the right thing". For example, if a car lot(Thank you for the inspiration, samuelm16) buys your car, or "grandpa's car" for that matter, at 20% of Blue Book value and then mark it at 90% of BB value, that is just "the way it is". If a gun store owner does it, it's an attack on our Constitutional rights. Again, I understand your point and taking advantage of the ignorant in ANY sales or service situation is unethical. Yet another double standard that society puts in place. williamcjones1988-I guess I better call them to be sure they are open. They have my granfather's pistol! Kip

I agree that dishonest business practices in every field are a problem. But when I find a dishonest car dealer, lawyer or any other business that abuses it's customers, I cease from dealing with that firm immediately! There are many companies that are no longer in business because of their bad business practices.

If you read this whole thread, you will see many examples of pure, absolute customer abuse by this company.

One last point - There are very few industries that are under the constant, coordinated attack as the firearms industry. There will always be lawyers and used car lots, no matter how bad some of them are - but each time another voter is "turned off" by a "Gun snob" we are one vote closer to losing our gun rights. How much longer will we have our rights if the non gun people turn against us?

The Gun Room is no friend of the second amendment.

I agree that dishonest business practices in every field are a problem. But when I find a dishonest car dealer, lawyer or any other business that abuses it's customers, I cease from dealing with that firm immediately! There are many companies that are no longer in business because of their bad business practices.

If you read this whole thread, you will see many examples of pure, absolute customer abuse by this company.

One last point - There are very few industries that are under the constant, coordinated attack as the firearms industry. There will always be lawyers and used car lots, no matter how bad some of them are - but each time another voter is "turned off" by a "Gun snob" we are one vote closer to losing our gun rights. How much longer will we have our rights if the non gun people turn against us?

The Gun Room is no friend of the second amendment.

the gun room is also no friend of the second amendment because they advise customers that illegal activity is legal. i mentioned in a previous post that when i called the gun room with a question about an interstate transfer of long arms, i was incorrectly told that i didn't need an ffl to trade rifles with someone over state lines. don't get me wrong, this law is silly. however, being that we are on the verge of losing our "right to bear arms," the last thing we need are more catalysts for revocation--such as disregard for interstate gun law.

Having never been in the shop before, I dropped in yesterday. I was looking specifically for a Kahr CM9.

Long story short: They tried to sell me a CZ 75, then a 1911. They ranted about plastic pistols exploding, and showed me pictures of blown-out guns (all of which I had seen before online-- it was a Google images show).

The full length version was worse. Bad business, worse people.

The other day I was calling up gun stores looking for an empty rifle box. (needed to ship an old .22 Remington).
I called the Gun Room by accident and Warren answered. He was his usual gruff "why are you bothering me" self, but he did say he would find one for me, and to stop by for it.
Went there that afternoon and Warren did go upstairs and dig around until he found one. I offered to pay for it, but he declined any payment.

These guys are a joke I don't know how they stay in buiseness they told me that Springfield had recalled all of there xd line.

If you didn't read the entire thread, the answer appears to be in there. Their storefront isn't where they make most of their money from what I understood reading the posts.

One of the worst gunshops I've ever been to! Rude, people who are not educated in anything but American made wooden stock antiques (which are over-priced!)

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top