JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember going into that place once back in the early 90's and thinking that the prices were rediculous then. I can't believe that place is still in business? It must be a tax write off or something for Warren, he obviously does not care about any potential customer or about wether or not he sells anything.

made my one and only visit to this 'fine' store back in march.

I was looking for some 9x18mm ammo. Im originally form the UK (and still have a strong limey accent that i will never be able to cure)

Not sure if i was dealing with the owner but the conversation went like this-

Me- Do you have any 9x18mm rounds?
Clerk- Maybe?
Clerk- You're not french are you?
Me- No I was born in the United Kingdom.
Clerk -Good because i hate french people.
Me- Ok?
*Long silence*
Me- How much is the ammo?
*Long silence*
Clerk- 35
Me- What make is it?
Clerk- RUSSIAN!
Me-Tul-ammo?
Clerk-YEAH!
*I notice a Glock 22 in the display case looks beat up like a police turn in its a GEN2*
Me-How much is this G22?
*Extremely long silence*
Clerk-What?
Me-I wanted to know how much you are wanting for this Glock?
*guy gets up off his chair and walks over to the display case opens it and sets the gun on the counter*
Clerk-I GUESS I COULD SELL YOU THIS P.O.S FOR SIX HUNDRED THAT IS IF YOU DONT MIND BUYING A PLASTIC GUN THAT COULD BLOW TO PIECES AT ANY MOMENT!
Me-Are you saying this gun could blow up right now just laying here on the counter?
*the guy stares at me like he's going to hit me*
Me-I'll just leave now.

The Gun Room Sucks

it would be nice if someone else would open up shop close in s.e., as it is right now ill gladly drive right by them and keep on driving, i made the mistake of going in there one time what a joke that whole operation is

being the only gun shop in the middle of Lents, i'm sure straw purchases for meth dealers and gang-bangers are more than enough to keep a guy afloat.

I've been to the Gun Room twice and had very different experiences between the two visits.

The first time was around 1-2 years back. I was in town and had some time to burn so I thought I'd drop in after finding the store on Google. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I asked about some red dot sights they had in the showcase. The guy behind the counter showed me the sight, explained that it was of higher quality than the one on my Ruger MkIII (without seeing or knowing anything about the one I had) and explained that was what justified the price of nearly $300 (for a sight with a ~$60 MSRP). No big deal - he is obviously trying to sell his product and he had a good inventory of firearms. I would have given the shop a 3/5 at this point but didn't want to review the place on such a brief experience.

The second visit was only a few days back. Again, I enjoyed browsing such a large firearm inventory, but the prices were rather high (I've gained a lot more knowledge in terms of pricing in the last few years). I noticed a blued HK P7 in the showcase and once the store owner was done with his current customer, I was going to ask him the price. From the other side of the counter, I could hear him explaining how he doesn't sell "plastic guns" and he whipped out some binder with pictures of destroyed Glocks, etc. I didn't see the pictures, but he was loudly explaining what he was showing the guy. The customer asked to see the P7 and I went over to that side of the counter so the owner wouldn't have to pull the gun out twice. He was talking about how the gun was considered for the US sidearm and how we ended up with the "current 9mm junk" instead. I asked the price and was shown a price tag of nearly $1300, was told they were not made any longer, and this was the last one I would ever see. I thanked him and he pitched the pistol back into the showcase. Obviously the glass shelf would not hurt the pistol, but the rough handling of the firearm (and the carelessness in pointing it at customers during handling) really turned me off to ever buying anything from this guy. Lastly, the other customer saw one of those "current 9mm junk" Beretta pistols in the showcase and asked about it, then asked what differentiates the 92F from the 92FS. The owner obviously didn't know the answer (different hammer pin, very little else) and rather than admit to it, made some random things up.

Like many others, I have to give this store a 1/5, both for the sour taste it left in my mouth from just being around the owner, and for the high prices. If this guy adjusted his prices to be a little more reasonable and switched to mail-order/internet business only or something, he could have a pretty nice business with a much larger group of return customers. It amazes me that he has been in business this long.

Ya don't want no plastic guns in yer meth lab! Drop that in one of yer vats, it'll melt in SECONDS!

no meth labs in lents anymore- just dealers. meth isn't produced locally anymore. precursor ingredients are just too hard to acquire. like everything we consume in this country, it's all been outsourced...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, however I am compelled to share my single experience with these clowns.

A couple of years ago I went in and looked at a Sig on display. The bozo behind the counter said it was $700+(used) but that it had 'stamped' sheet metal parts and therefore he couldn't recommend it. He then pulls out something that looks like it was designed in hollywood for a space cowboy movie, and tells me that this is what I need...for around 2 grand. I told him it looked a little impractical for CC, it was after all huge...so he demonstrates how easy it is to draw...

He sticks it in his pants at about 5:00, pulls it out and pushes it down (catching the rear sight on his back pocket) to demonstrate the 'correct manner to chamber a round'...as he does so I hear a distinct "click"...sure enough he'd pulled the trigger with the thing pointed at his foot.

IQ of a blue soap dish would be complimentary to this fellow. Really, he shouldn't be allowed to handle firearms.

I have a friend that lives on a farm out in Sandy, Or. He has the usual farm animals, including a very large tom turkey.
I asked him one day why he keeps him, being that it's a nasty, vile and not to trusted when your back is turned animal. And since he doesn't raise turkeys, why keep it around.
His response was that knowing it hated him, would gladly tear him to pieces if it could, was rather refreshing in a world of deceit and half truths that we humans deal with every day.
So I take that into consideration every time I step into the Gun Room.
I know that everything is overpriced, advice is questionable and you always walk away wondering how they stay in business.
I buy a lot of plumbing from George Morlan next door and while I am waiting for my order to be filled, I wander next door to get my fill of misinformation and sticker shock, and knowing this, it makes it all the more enjoyable listening to all the bs.

I occasionally take friends of mine who have never been there before and when we leave empty handed, our conversations are similar to most of these reviews. We have fun laughing every time we repeat the story to others and amongst ourselves!
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, however I am compelled to share my single experience with these clowns.

A couple of years ago I went in and looked at a Sig on display. The bozo behind the counter said it was $700+(used) but that it had 'stamped' sheet metal parts and therefore he couldn't recommend it. He then pulls out something that looks like it was designed in hollywood for a space cowboy movie, and tells me that this is what I need...for around 2 grand. I told him it looked a little impractical for CC, it was after all huge...so he demonstrates how easy it is to draw...

He sticks it in his pants at about 5:00, pulls it out and pushes it down (catching the rear sight on his back pocket) to demonstrate the 'correct manner to chamber a round'...as he does so I hear a distinct "click"...sure enough he'd pulled the trigger with the thing pointed at his foot.

IQ of a blue soap dish would be complimentary to this fellow. Really, he shouldn't be allowed to handle firearms.

Grumpier old men is a understatement. I walked in the door for the first and was ignored for about 5 minutes. When I asked if they sold Glocks the response I was given was " we don't sell Plastic foreign crap". Then the guy tried selling me a nice 1911. Too bad the price tag was for the gun and his 401K. I have never seen a place so overpriced. But I do like their proud American Spirit that they show. You do not see that everyday. Very sad.

Before I found Shooter's Service Center 5 blocks from my house, I went into the Gun Rom with $2k in my pocket when I was out buying "modern" Carry pieces and my first Reloading setup. I decided to see what they knew, and if they had .45 colt ammo or brass (at the peak of the shortage) for my Schofield replica. Most of my guns at this point (Save for a Lone '73 AR-7 Explorer) are metal, 70-100+ years old,and mostly US manufactured.

I had money in hand, I'm mostly a six-gun lover, You'd think I'd be the sort of guy they love.

Went in and asked about cutting down the .327 cartridge for an 1895 Nagant pistol.

Immediate rant and an attempt to sell me a J-frame revolver.

I said it was a nice gun, but then asked how exactly I was supposed to fit a .357 revolver into an 1895 Nagant. He closed his mouth and walked away without a word.

I then spent $1k at NW Armory in Milwaukie instead, and bought my Lee turret and 3 sets of dies on Amazon.

I know Curmudgeon, I speak it like a Native. watch... "Get off the grass you damn kids!!!". I may be a grumpy, implacable bastard, but I still know when to shut my Pie-hole and listen to the customer.

I never owned a Polymer Pistol before visiting their shop, never had the urge to... even with the baby's diaper failing on my hip now and again. Now my wife and I each own one. (S&W's, Not Glocks)

Youngest is almost out of diapers, it's almost time to return to a larger chunk of Steel, and there's a convertible Blackhawk .45 that I've got my eye on. At least until I can afford a Freedom Arms revolver.

Note- If they had put a "Registered Magnum" in my hands they might have gotten my money on the spot, I never seem to match finding one with having the money on hand to get it then and there.

Last Edited:
so i thought i might share my horror story with "the gun room." i received a text message yesterday from a potential buyer interested in a rifle i'm selling. all said and done, it turns out he is out of state (wa) and i politely decline and explain why i cannot sell to him ftf. this morning i receive a text message from the "buyer." he tells me that he read ftf over state lines (if a longarm is involved) is legal. i'm surprised and tell him i need to investigate. before researching this unheard of interstate ftf, he tells me that he called "the gun room" to verify, and we can meet there and do the transaction. i begin my research, discover it is illegal and yet enough people on internet forums believe it is legal. i called the oregon state police, was on hold for too long, hang up, decide to call "the gun room." guy picks up, i tell him about the interstate ftf, explain the details, he tells me it is a perfectly "legal" transaction. he gets pissed off when i continue to ask questions, says "i've told you three times it is legal." i say, "okay, thank you, goodbye." i hear the person chuckling on the other end as he hangs up. long story short, i called the atf got an answer; called the oregon state police, got the same answer = ILLEGAL.

there is definitely something illegal going down at "the gun room."

so i thought i might share my horror story with "the gun room." i received a text message yesterday from a potential buyer interested in a rifle i'm selling. all said and done, it turns out he is out of state (wa) and i politely decline and explain why i cannot sell to him ftf. this morning i receive a text message from the "buyer." he tells me that he read ftf over state lines (if a longarm is involved) is legal. i'm surprised and tell him i need to investigate. before researching this unheard of interstate ftf, he tells me that he called "the gun room" to verify, and we can meet there and do the transaction. i begin my research, discover it is illegal and yet enough people on internet forums believe it is legal. i called the oregon state police, was on hold for too long, hang up, decide to call "the gun room." guy picks up, i tell him about the interstate ftf, explain the details, he tells me it is a perfectly "legal" transaction. he gets pissed off when i continue to ask questions, says "i've told you three times it is legal." i say, "okay, thank you, goodbye." i hear the person chuckling on the other end as he hangs up. long story short, i called the atf got an answer; called the oregon state police, got the same answer = ILLEGAL.

there is definitely something illegal going down at "the gun room."

I've had a couple FFLs tell me it's legal to do interstate transfers without an FFL. They're wrong, and the ATF needs to do a MUCH better job making sure this very commonly held falsity gets squashed.

Personally, I think the ATF is perfectly happy letting otherwise honest folk think it's legal. Job security.

he tells me that he read ftf over state lines (if a longarm is involved) is legal. i'm surprised and tell him i need to investigate. before researching this unheard of interstate ftf, he tells me that he called "the gun room" to verify, and we can meet there and do the transaction. i begin my research, discover it is illegal and yet enough people on internet forums believe it is legal. i called the oregon state police, was on hold for too long, hang up, decide to call "the gun room." guy picks up, i tell him about the interstate ftf, explain the details, he tells me it is a perfectly "legal" transaction. he gets pissed off when i continue to ask questions, says "i've told you three times it is legal." i say, "okay, thank you, goodbye." i hear the person chuckling on the other end as he hangs up.

I hope it was an honest mistake.

I've had a couple FFLs tell me it's legal to do interstate transfers without an FFL. They're wrong, and the ATF needs to do a MUCH better job making sure this very commonly held falsity gets squashed.

Yeah, they should do better educating FFLs. I also think that FFLs should have some knowledge regarding gun laws. It's very pertinent to their business. Although, they might not care about the laws regarding transactions between unlicensed individuals.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top