JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well if that is Warren which i highly think it is due to the way it is written ( trying to distort the truth, saying how long the stores been open, just created an account and thats the first post..yeah right. what are we five?) we might as well just ignore his posts cause ive seen how business owners like to pose as someone who randomly appears and trys to make logical ( if they can ) defense for their wrong doings or crappy business ethics. Moving on, when you look at all the responses, all the account of snobby, elite, downtalking and price gouging, its settled. There is no other explanation, unless everyone who posted here is a robot or has some personal vendetta against random gun store in oregon thats been around for however long theyve managed to stay open.
Except thats not possible. This forum is for people who respect guns and the people who run the stores we can purchase them at. We also support each other, and wont tell other members to go somewhere that we wouldnt even think of shopping at.

However i will respond.

@hoodskier:
The MAIN problem here is the outright RUDE behavior given by staff, which that alone, in my book, means the business is not worthy of having any customers. Ever. just my opinion. Lets not confuse rude arrogant behavior with bluntness, not with THIS many people saying the same thing.

:s0114::s0112::s0114:

Nice of you to sign up Warren! When 10,000 people think they suck and 1 person with 1 post doesn't, someone is in denial. So what's your comment on their price gouging, outright lying, ripping people off, etc? I can say ripping people off with confidence as they ripped off my wife on a deal.

Dang, beat me to it. :s0114:

hoodskier, are you being serious?

It seems so, and it doesn't seem like you are working for him,
but they have a 'Pet' name for 'Customers' that look at things the way you stated.

They wind up paying around double if not 2.5 times the current local market value for the item.

I have heard him state that all the Rem 700s are "Special builds" done specifically for him by Remington.

Granted, he does get in a lot of nice firearms, but when you can buy an M1a with the same SKU# for $1600 and he has it for $2700, something is wrong.

Most of his used lever guns are available in like condition at some of the other local stores for usually half the price. Same on most of the rest of his used, regular firearms.

If there is a collector value, then of course that is subjective,
but one thing you can count on regarding any US Military Surplus;
take it's real value and double it, and maybe feel good abt your purchase,
but try not to look elsewhere. That might make you cry.

Just saying,

:)

The gun room does what most people appreciate; supply quality firearms that are american made. There is nothing wrong with that. This store offers a very blunt and opinionated
response to questions that are asked. I like this. I get one professionals point of view
that is not softened to make me feel better. Couldnt imagine someone wanting a sugarcoated answer when asking a question about guns. This is one of the longest standing gun stores in Oregon for many good reasons. Yes they are a business and that means they need to make money. About their negative views on certain guns: everyone has opinions and people have the option of using them for review as part of a thorough research when shopping for guns. Listening to people ask questions about disliked guns I see why some of those people say they were treated rudely. They were caught off guard by the blunt truth and very detailed answer they received which makes them feel belittled.

Hey warren, I asked you for a mag loader and you gave me a speed loader for a revolver. Where can I get a revolver that takes mags that's loaded by a speed loader for a revolver that's called a mag loader that loads mags that revolve?

Perhaps sharing of our experiences on this forum is perceived as an existential threat to the prosperity of the gun room. Perhaps hoodskier is affiliated with the gun room or perhaps is Warren himself. I doubt its actually Warren because the post was not as obnoxious as he was on the phone or in person. If there's one thing I take away from the gunroom is that Warren, and or certain staff, cannot refrain from pushing their shtick; The posting was just too polite lol.

The one and only time I've been to the Gun Room was when I was looking for a TSA approved pistol case. My Bi Mart case could only accomodate one lock and they need at least two to make sure the pistol is inaccessible. Anyway, I walked in and asked for help finding something like that to the closest person working there that didn't seem busy. He acted like I was somehow bothering him then after I explained what I wanted he walked me over to this ridiculous, large, metal case.

I was explicit that I needed to only pack one pistol when I told him what I needed. So I repeated myself that I wanted a small case that would fit in my luggage. He rolled his eyes and then vaguely pointed at some other part of the store and walked off. I eventually found it and walked up to the cash register. Then I asked if they had any 9mm mak.

Oh Jesus, that set that guy off.

This is what the Gun Room is to me:

Anyway, I've found that my experiences with the vendors on this forum are usually above and beyond and I will happily purchase my guns and ammo from them.

Then I asked if they had any 9mm mak.

Oh Jesus, that set that guy off.

This is what the Gun Room is to me:

...i lol'ed. i love it when people who can photoshop will throw something random together for a good laugh, havent done it in a while but good effort :)

now thats funny. the GR guys may be passionate about American made guns, and I can appreciate that but won't limmit myself to it as there are to many fun firearms out there including my AK. what I don't like is the price gouging false claims and self rightiousness. I Don't give Kieths an A for friendlyness but I always at least get what I want at afair price.

About a year ago I looked at some reviews before my trip to GR so I was expecting the worst. The only reason I bothered going is a friend found some ammo that is darn near imposable to find there. My experience was not the worst I have had at a gun shop but I did go in looking for one specific thing and due to my friends scouting trip I knew how much it cost and how much they had. I didn't ask any questions and made no comment. On entering the store the guys that were sitting around acted as though I was interrupting something but other than getting one of them to ring up the sale we basically ignored each other. Most of the time I was there the only other customer was a police officer who's presence may have kept them in check, I don't know.

I voted Fair because they over price their inventory and the customers shouldn't have to walk on egg shells to keep from upsetting them. If it hadn't been for the rarity of the ammo I needed I would have never gone in there.

S&M Guns in Eugene gets my vote for worst gun shop on the face of the earth.

Last Edited:
Could there be a more insulting place in the world? Drastically over priced, rude, arrogant, racist, and ready to take advantage of any newbie unlucky enough to wander in! If he doesn't approve of it (and the list is short), then it's "Crap" or "Junk" or "Tupperware"! I've seen him call anything not a Colt 1911 "Crap" and then turn around a tell someone (short petite woman) looking for for her first handgun (also intended for concealed carry) that she must have a $1000+ full size Kimber. And that he carries his without a round in the chamber, and loads it when he needs to shoot somebody by pushing the slide against his belt And that's how she better do it too unless she wants to die!
ME- "How much for this used L-frame speed loader?"
STUPID-"$19.95"
ME-"You know it's used and there's only 1 right?"
STUPID-"Yes."
ME-"Wow!"
STUPID-(blank look)
The only way this place could be worse is if they slashed your tires while you were inside. I know some people find amuseing, but it truly makes me angry, I wouldn't buy anything there for any price! How does he stay in business?

the laws of logic are defied.

We trully live in a bizarre dimension to have that frigging racist place to be still in business. I can't help but wonder if the city, da kenyan, da feds, da states or they are old money for them to STILL be in BUSINESS the way our ECONOMY is today.

Never ever want to venture in there ever again after the way they treated me before. I just hope karma will pay them a visit someday or in the next life.

Then again my other theory is that there is some kind of monopoly going on that the other gun shops and sports shops, they pay GR to be the worst and people leave and go somewhere else.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLE LOGICAL way that place is still in business.
All the laws of capitalism and logic is being defied that that place is still standing and has 4 walls on it.

We trully live in a bizarre dimension to have that frigging racist place to be still in business. I can't help but wonder if the city, da kenyan, da feds, da states or they are old money for them to STILL be in BUSINESS the way our ECONOMY is today.

Never ever want to venture in there ever again after the way they treated me before. I just hope karma will pay them a visit someday or in the next life.

Then again my other theory is that there is some kind of monopoly going on that the other gun shops and sports shops, they pay GR to be the worst and people leave and go somewhere else.

All the laws of capitalism and logic is being defied that that place is still standing and has 4 walls on it.

well said :s0114:

As I have said before, they are in business because of some of the things others have mentioned. They are rude, elitist, racist, etc.

The owner caters to a very similar crowd. he sponsors big hunting trips for some local wealthy people and has many wealthy clients who go right along with his racist views (I used to work for one of them) and who like to feel the Colt they bought is somehow better than the Colt some common person bought.

He basically preys on rich, uneducated, bigoted elitists.

no no no you don't understand man...I am being serious.....here......I know it's a joke and something funny but I am telling you, it's like the LA clippers, why are they still around?

How did Dudley lose when he won 36 of the 42 counties in Oregon.

It's just so much logic being broken down on why that place is still around.

I'm serious........if I had more brawns than brains I would protest outside that place if I could.

no no no you don't understand man...I am being serious.....here......I know it's a joke and something funny but I am telling you, it's like the LA clippers, why are they still around?

How did Dudley lose when he won 36 of the 42 counties in Oregon.

It's just so much logic being broken down on why that place is still around.

I'm serious........if I had more brawns than brains I would protest outside that place if I could.
Because the majority of the state population lives in just a few counties. It does not matter if you win 20 counties if all 20 of them together total about 200 people and a few thousand pigs. Especially since I hear some pigs in the southern counties are not allowed to vote. I think a human farmer has to have taken them as his bride for them to get that right...and that is only about a third of them from what I hear. :D

I know people and I have clients with more money than brains and I have found them not to be racist but regular daves and joes.

They are into high quality NFA items moving and garands for the most part. Nothing silly like african guns and Holland and Holland boom sticks in 10 gauge.

I'm talking C&R NFA items that some of us DREAM off, nothing tubed, flunky or drilled, seriously I mean ancient 21's and 28 thompsons and Monitors, BAR's, MG34's and 42's you name it.

Several of my client who I help broker their sells to various corners of the known interwebs, don't even like going there. One of them has wife who is asian and he was uncomfortable with the filth and junk that came out of Warren's mouth.

I don't need to beat my chest and show how big my pecker is and that is not the point of my thread here. My point is that your theory on him catering to elitist could only be closet progressive liberals( who BTW I have found from DC, to NYC,NJ, to LA la land to here and no matter where to be more racist and bigoted from my time in living in those areas of the country than TEA party people or even so called right wingers) or those styled elitist in the east Portland side society corners down at Multnomah Athletic Club.

Because the elitist and more money than brawns I know don't even go there on their worst day.

I know people and I have clients with more money than brains and I have found them not to be racist but regular daves and joes.

They are into high quality NFA items moving and garands for the most part. Nothing silly like african guns and Holland and Holland boom sticks in 10 gauge.

I'm talking C&R NFA items that some of us DREAM off, nothing tubed, flunky or drilled, seriously I mean ancient 21's and 28 thompsons and Monitors, BAR's, MG34's and 42's you name it.

Several of my client who I help broker their sells to various corners of the known interwebs, don't even like going there. One of them has wife who is asian and he was uncomfortable with the filth and junk that came out of Warren's mouth.

I don't need to beat my chest and show how big my pecker is and that is not the point of my thread here. My point is that your theory on him catering to elitist could only be closet progressive liberals( who BTW I have found from DC, to NYC,NJ, to LA la land to here and no matter where to be more racist and bigoted from my time in living in those areas of the country than TEA party people or even so called right wingers) or those styled elitist in the east Portland side society corners down at Multnomah Athletic Club.

Because the elitist and more money than brawns I know don't even go there on their worst day.

I hate to break it to you, but you are wrong. Just because you and your friends don't go there doesn't change who does go. I have seen first hand who he caters to and their is nothing "closet progressive liberal" about them. Just one conversation between him and some of his regulars has more n-word and **** references in it than you could imagine. The whole idea that "liberals" are somehow supporting an overpriced gun shop is kind of the silliest bit of liberal bashing I have ever heard.

I have also been present when he calls other dealers to see if they might have one of his "special made only for him" guns on their wall that he can get from them to resell to his customers.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews