JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know for a fact that there are racks of shotguns that have been sittin gthere since the 60's, that were way overprice then! When Temington first came out with the Sendero 700 line he got a couple in. Keiths price was $619. Bi Mart could order them and get them for about $650.

Warrens price was $1495, and when I questioned the inflated price he told me that his Senderos that he gets directly from Remington are made from special stainless steel. I about bust a gut I laughed at him so hard. Have not been back since....

Last Edited:
I know for a fact that there are racks of shotguns that have been sittin gthere since the 60's, that were way overprice then! When Temington first came out with the Sendero 700 line he got a couple in. Keiths price was $619. Bi Mart could order them and get them for about $650.

Warrens price was $1495, and when I questioned the inflated price he told me that his Senderos that he gets directly from Remington are made from special stainless steel. I about bust a guy I laughed at him so hard. Have not been back since....

He also hand selects the billets of steel that his Colts are milled from. I have heard him tell my old boss that right to his face...and he believed him.

All it takes is a phone call.

Whenever I think I know what kind of gun I want to buy, I let that social r*tard in the Gun Room berate my choice and tell me what I should really get instead. For a mercenary 50% markup no less!

Not one penny there. Ever. POS.

Last Edited:
All it takes is a phone call.

Whenever I think I know what kind of gun I want to buy, I let that socially-stunted ogre in the Gun Room berate my choice and tell me what I should really get instead. For a mercenary 50% markup no less!

Not one penny there. Ever. POS.

(My first description of the guy on the phone was censored and edited into something I didn't say or mean, so hopefully this one is more acceptable.)

I was in there one day killing time and a guy came in with several guns wrapped in a blanket. His father-in-law had died and these were his guns. He wasn't a "gun person" and just wanted to get rid of them. A couple of the guns were old classics that were worth some money, like a pre-64 Winchester 88 in .243. After badmouthing each and every gun they offered what amounted to about $50 each for the whole pile. A customer standing there then offered to buy the Winchester at about 1/2 the reasonable market price and all **** broke loose. He was told in no uncertain terms to leave the store and not come back. You'd have thought the guy had slipped his hand in the till. A**Wipes! I'll never buy anything from them.

I always end up handing my money to the folks at the Gun Broker instead.

I was in there one day killing time and a guy came in with several guns wrapped in a blanket. His father-in-law had died and these were his guns. He wasn't a "gun person" and just wanted to get rid of them. A couple of the guns were old classics that were worth some money, like a pre-64 Winchester 88 in .243. After badmouthing each and every gun they offered what amounted to about $50 each for the whole pile. A customer standing there then offered to buy the Winchester at about 1/2 the reasonable market price and all **** broke loose. He was told in no uncertain terms to leave the store and not come back. You'd have thought the guy had slipped his hand in the till. A**Wipes! I'll never buy anything from them.

I always end up handing my money to the folks at the Gun Broker instead.
I hate to defend anyone in this joint, but technically the guy that offered to buy the rifle from the private seller on the property of a licensed FFL was attempting to engage in a felony act.

I hate to defend anyone in this joint, but technically the guy that offered to buy the rifle from the private seller on the property of a licensed FFL was attempting to engage in a felony act.

They weren't wound up about any laws being broken. The dude had spoiled their rip off and they were upset about that. Yeah, the guy should have waited outside or something, but I'll bet not 1 in 1000 retail gun buyers knows about that law.

:nuts:from the gun room website:

"The Gun Room Inc. was founded in 1965 with the principal of only the best of the best fine firearms.

This emphasis on quality and customer service is unequaled in the industry and it shows in our cliental, most of which become lifelong customers.We’ve seen our customer’s and vendor’s children grow up and become fine sportsmen who in turn are teaching the next generation.

“The Northwest’s Hunting Headquarters Since 1965″

RUNNNNN!!! fast and hard! If you buy from there you know you got ripped off and lied too!!! That is reality!!!
Amazes me they are still in business for as long as they have been price gouging thier customers!
Tried giving them a chance a few times over the years and every time I regret even stopping there!

Let's be honest. I bet these guys at the gun room are bad folk. But, have you ever met a gun store owner that wasn't slightly a bubble off plum? I think it's due to tire kickers and gun powder.

After reading some really bad reviews here, in various other forums, and online searches, I was pleasantly surprised by them. Seriously, the service I received was A+. I wasn't anticipating them to be polite or much help and had saved them as my last stop for the day (about 1pm on a Weds) on purpose because of the negative reviews, but they turned out to be the best experience of the day (after having been to three other places).

It's a nice big shop, wide selection, well lit, and we were greeted immediately upon entering. I asked the guy if they had what I was looking for, they didn't, but he showed me something similar. They laid the sales on pretty thick and I looked at a lot of guns that I wasn't particularly interested in, but he was so polite, helpful, and even took the time to explain every function of each gun (assuming I didn't know), which I thought was really helpful to anyone coming in who might not know exactly what they wanted. I did, so I kinda humored him. He wasn't pushy or condescending to me or my friend (who's a guy) and he encouraged me to aim at the designated wall target and let me take my time with every pistol (I had about 5 laying in front of me before I left). There were about 3 other older gentlemen sitting at the case chatting who also chimed in and were giving advice and suggestions. It was kinda like gun shopping with your grandfather x3 haha. They were all very nice and cool to chat with. The only drawback I found was that they were WAY over priced (most I've seen so far). They had what I was looking for in NIB condition and it was priced double over MSRP. If money is no object then they're a nice place to shop. They were nice old guys, but they were also salesmen. So I wasn't surprised when he suggested a Colt 1911. Still though, great experience there, just do your research first.

I didn't purchase, but if I wanted to browse and see stuff, I'd probably go back there first, just based on customer service alone.

well maybe ol' warren finally realized being a bubblegumstick to everyone is bad business. i think you probably just humored him enough that it didn't give him an opportunity to be confrontational. if you were to have disagreed with anything he said, i bet he'da changed his tune.

i'm sure his prices are still on the far end of ridiculous, regardless.

Ya it is really fun to go in there. Just ask them where they keep there Glocks. You will get a ear full. My question is if Glocks are as bad as they say they are why do 90% of all LE use them? These guys are real *** clowns.

I was terribly bored one day and wanted at least 30 minutes of entertainment...

So I went into the Gun Room and asked about buying a Glock 19.

COMEDY GOLD!

(and yes, I knew exactly what I was getting into. try it sometime if you are in for a laugh)

+1 !!!

If you ever want to have a sadistically good time, go ask where their glocks are located.

Then after you hear warren's tirade about glocks & he directs you to the old photocopy of the portland LEO who filed suite against glock, tell him, he's right...
Maybe you need the most proven gun in the world & ask him where his AK's are! :s0114:

If you have really deep pockets & you're looking for a top of the line over under & don't mind licking boots & paying 20% (at least) over the going price, The Gun Room is the place for you.
The guy really does have some darn fine over/unders.

otherwise, just stop in there to troll the Warren & his boys when you have time on your hands & want a good chuckle.
After hearing him go off about how polymer framed pistols are all "junk" & he doesn't sell "junk" be sure to see if he still has that $600.00 Ruger LCP & mention that it's polymer. :s0087:

this thread blows me away. It's one thing to have a few angry customers, but man this has got to be a record. Oh of course not many here are customers which makes it even more entertaining.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top