JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Selection is decent. Prices tend to be 10-15% higher than some other shops. Trade in offers seem to be average, you can geta better trade in offer elsewhere. They seem to have a hard time getting high demand guns, I went in looking for a Springfield EMP and they said it was next to impossible to get right now. I would have to buy now and hope one comes in the next couple of months. I found 3 other shops that had at least 1 EMP in stock or could get me the one I wanted quick.

Overall, customer service is ok, better than some shops, but they wouldn't be my first choice without shopping around.

I have been a customer of The Gun Broker -- Tigard for years. They are
helpful and honest in my dealings with them. My first stop when I am
looking for a firearm is The Gun Broker.

-sbc

A few great deals, but most prices are average to maybe a little bit higher than average. Not so much higher that it is worth the gas $ and time to go somewhere else though. Always well below MSRP. I've found that instead of ordering online and having them transfer it, it is cheaper just to ask them to get what I want from one of their suppliers. Great customer service, always friendly and helpful. Ammo prices tend to be a wee bit high so I usually go next door to bi-mart to get ammo lol.

Went in to the Tigard Gun Broker today with my boyfriend - he was there to sell a pistol on commission - and pretty much decided I won't end up buying from them.

The one guy with the mustache knows me - I've been in a couple times before and looked at the same gun twice- and knows my boyfriend and knows we were there together but was still clueless/insensitive enough to say something rude about my boyfriend (behind his back) to me and another customer.

The other sales guys seem really knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful but the one guy is enough to make me shop online now that I know what I want. Call me a girl but a salesman being nice makes a big difference if I'm going to spend $500 on a gun.

All I can comment on is when ammo was scarce a while back, I needed a brick of .22 lr, I called around and they said they had some. I drove down from vancouver, they wanted over $40 for a brick or Rem. Golden Bullets! I had to laugh and walk out, I understand a little profit, but that was gouging! I'll never go back.

Saw the thread active and decided to relate my recent experience.
Wanted to buy an M&P .45 compact and did all of the usual price comparing of the local stores (fishermans, nw armory, wholesale, and gb clack & tigard).
Gun Broker Clackamas had a smoking deal and I planned to go there, they always treat me great and usually have good prices too. I have purchased 5 guns from them since last July. I got hung up at work and there was no way I'd get to Clackamas before they closed so I stopped at the Tigard store around 5:50 PM. Jaggoff with the dark thinning hair and moustache is the only guy available, bummer. I tell him what I need and he gets it off the wall for me. Cool gun, I dig it and ask him if he'll sell it to me for the same price as the Clackams store. He says sure, how much? I tell him and he says "No way, that's less than my cost". Takes the gun, puts it back on the wall and walks away. WTF is with this ape? Lucky for me there was a lady (maybe the owner or manager) standing by the cash register who over heard and said "Sure, we'll do that." , after SFB (sht fer brains) tells me no! Now I'd swore this place off months ago because of the jaggoff and did all my business with the Clackamas store. I do not understand why this guy is still employed. He is either family or has pictures of the owner with a sheep.
I bought the gun.

This quote is from the 'The Gun Broker – Clackamas' thread from 12-13-2009, post #55:

I caught the guys @ Tigard bringing UMC .45acp bulk packs and .22lr bulk packs from the BiMart that they share a parking lot with... which then went up about %200 in price.:s0131:

Haha, I believe it! :s0114:

Last month I was looking for a Ruger SR9/SR9c/LC9...

1st time around: None in stock, they called their Clackamas location for me, the same. Told me they will have it in stock next week.
2nd time around: Came back, zip. The guy in the moustache told me that their distributors are all out, and will probably be at least 3-4 weeks. Drove out to their Clackamas location same day. In stock – bought it!
3rd time around: Looking for +P ammo, zip. Poor selection of gun lube/grease, and no snap caps in stock.

The new Fisherman's Marine & Outdoor in Tigard, their gun counter will be me 'local gun shop' from now on :paper:

A little cramped but nice shop, and well stocked. Good customer service as well! Every Gun Broker I've been to really shines in this department. I looked at a Taurus PT92 they were selling. It had a broken decocker lever and I let the employee know. Rather than just put the gun back on the shelf, tell me I'm wrong, or set the gun aside to just put back on the shelf later, he thanked me, agreed, and field stripped it right in front of me. He went in the back, came back out with tools and parts and went to work right away fixing it. I had to leave before he finished up with it, but I commend him for his service.

Purchased a SW 38 Bodyguard today and the three Gents behind the counter were extremely friendly and not pushy at all. The deal closer was the young lady who worked there, She came over and showed all us good ole boys and Veterans how to break down a Sig Mosquito. LOL Boy we all looked sheepish!
Right then and there, I knew this was the shop for me!
I will be back for more and will be letting my friends know.

Poor selection of gun lube/grease, and no snap caps in stock.

I called to ask if they had A-Zoom (specifically) snap caps once. Guy said yes, so I drove over there to pick some up. Turns out that they had ONE package of some other brand that I wasn't interested in. The guy couldn't even walk a couple feet over to the wall to check for me and just assumed they had something when they didn't. I was pretty annoyed and haven't been back since. They also like to ignore female customers. I guess they don't like money. The other location in Clackamas has much better service.

When I went there they gave me some pretty insulting offers on what I had to trade, I understand that they need to make a buck, but these were beyond low-ball. They did have a couple really good deals on older hunting rifles though.

I have purchased once from them, probably never again. Bought a new .40, except that it had been fired. I brought it to the sales person's attention and he told me that the manufacturer had test fired it. I inquired of the manufacturer when I got it home, they asked for the serial # and said that it had not been fired. They told me that if it had been fired there would have been the test target included in the case...and they would have cleaned it.

I have had a good experience with The Gunbroker in Tigard; my background was delayed by OSP and they had no problem completing the transaction after they had not heard back from OSP after the 3rd, technically 4th day.

I have taken a couple of firearms to them to see what they would offer on trade in; they don't offer much unless its a desirable firearm.

I have purchased once from them, probably never again. Bought a new .40, except that it had been fired. I brought it to the sales person's attention and he told me that the manufacturer had test fired it. I inquired of the manufacturer when I got it home, they asked for the serial # and said that it had not been fired. They told me that if it had been fired there would have been the test target included in the case...and they would have cleaned it.

What manufacture was this; so I can stay away from them as I don't want a firearm that wasn't at least fired once for function at the factory.

The only firearm I have purchased that had the actual target in it was a CZ.

My favorite place to go (the second being the Clackamas location!). Just like the Clackamas location, they are very friendly and patient. This location is very small and can get really busy, but even during the busy times I have never had a problem finding someone to help me and answer my questions. The selection isn't as good as the Clackamas location but their inventory changes often so I recommend calling them.

The staff here patiently worked with me a couple times when I was in the store taking hours to decide on a purchase -- yup I said hours :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top