JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$50+$10 background check

Expensive for one gun, but it's a flat rate. I just ordered 11 receivers through them.

I get kind of dumb about people I like too, I suppose... I don't mind paying twice as much for a transfer fee when it's someone I know and want to support.

Whups...was wrong...$50 xfer fee per gun/receiver. They discounted it though each time I bought them...I appreciate the money they let me save, but for my next GB gun, I might try and find a 20 dollar FFL :(

I'd still buy a gun from them in a heartbeat, don't get me wrong!

$50+$10 background check

Expensive for one gun, but it's a flat rate. I just ordered 11 receivers through them.

I get kind of dumb about people I like too, I suppose... I don't mind paying twice as much for a transfer fee when it's someone I know and want to support.

Lived very close to the tigard store for years, not a bad place, pretty good selection and well stocked. The sales people are something else though, lol. The salepeople seem to change everynow and then, and when they hire new folks sometimes they get a good one and sometimes they get fellers in who I like to call "Catalog Junkies" who can tell ya the "+1" rating of a semi, but have no real world experience with anything other than their dads Taurus, which isnt always helpful when attempting to drop cash on a Sig. The point is they are curteous and helpful, and try their darndest to find ya an answer, which is what counts, and Im a guy who takes what folks say with a "grain of salt" anyway so a "Used Gun" pitch aint going to hurt me none, lol.

I called them on a friday morning looking for a RIA 1911, the gentleman informed me that they only had one in stock and said he would put it on hold for me until I cam in that day to pick it up. when I got there I said I had called earlier and he reached down under the counter and handed me my new gun. I got the ammo I also needed and he walked me over to the checkout for my background check making small talk about if I wanted anything else just to let him know.

I then only had to wait about 5 minutes for the check as the gal was already on the phone on hold and just ran mine through at the same time.

Great people, great experience. Ill definitely go back.

I called them on a friday morning looking for a RIA 1911, the gentleman informed me that they only had one in stock and said he would put it on hold for me until I cam in that day to pick it up. when I got there I said I had called earlier and he reached down under the counter and handed me my new gun. I got the ammo I also needed and he walked me over to the checkout for my background check making small talk about if I wanted anything else just to let him know.

I then only had to wait about 5 minutes for the check as the gal was already on the phone on hold and just ran mine through at the same time.

Great people, great experience. Ill definitely go back.
Which store? :)

I went into the Tigard store yesterday and had one of the salesman basically follow me around the whole time I was there asking if I needed anything. Pretty annoying. Prices on handguns were outrageous and when I asked if they had some 7mm-08 he looked at me like I was asking for depleted Uranium and laughed as he said no. We left after that and will not be going back.

The one in Clackamas is much less uptight and nicer, IMO.

They were patient and thorough in answering my technical questions. Like the store a lot.

Can someone give me an idea of the difference between 'New' and 'As New'? The salesperson indicated that these items have had a few rounds through them. The particular handgun I was looking at looked like it had very few if any rounds through it.

Does 'As New' include full warranty?

Last Edited:
rayd8 wrote: "Can someone give me an idea of the difference between 'New' and 'As New'? The salesperson indicated that these items have had a few rounds through them. The particular handgun I was looking at looked like it had very few if any rounds through it."

"New" is just as it says, factory fresh, not previously purchased.
"As New" means that someone bought it and either took it home an his wife caught him:s0131: or he shot it a few times and didn't like it. I have purchased more "As New" guns than "New" and often they are in perfect condition (some I'm sure were never fired after the factory proof shot). I call them "near virgins" :s0155: As these guns are used you don't necessarily get the full factory warranty but that varies by manufacturer anyway.

Steve was always helpful and patient. The other dude with the dark thinning hair and the moustache is a jaggoff. I'm in there looking at three handguns, side by side, comparing the length, postion of the controlls, grip, etc. He comes along and picks them up, clears them and hangs them back on the wall. WTF? I asked him if I was done looking at them and he said "I guess so". I didn't realize there was a time limit! Out the door I went. Drove over to Outdoor Sports on 82nd. Looked at the same three guns and walked out with a new Glock 27 - for less money. Normally I would pay the higher price at TGB because my time is worth something. I have purchased 11 guns since then (july '09) and not one from them. See what happens when you hire a jagg.

Outdoor Sports on 82nd.

You mean Wholesale Sports? Limited selection and some poor pricing on -some- firearms but the best "gunstore" staff I've ever met. Helpful, not pushy, etc.

As for Tigard GB: I purchased my Blued PPK there a few months ago. The salesman was helpful and attentive but not pushy. Didn't mind answering my stupid questions either. He did try to convince me to purchase a different (and even cheaper) firearm but I had my heart set on the little German. That being said, when he knew I was set on the one gun, he didn't mind working on my terms. Great service.

Not a Glock/S&W dealer for Law enforcement, which is a shame, I would love to purchase my duty handguns through them but oh well. Transfers are also way too high, they basically don't want to do them I suppose. No worries, there are other options in town.

Took my CHL class here as well (clackamas store), great class, enjoyed it.

4/5

Bought my first hand gun there. They were very patient and answered my questions. Since then I have bought another and wifey and I both took the CHL class there as well. They seem very professional to me, willing to answer questions if you ask and willing to just let you browse if you want. I will likely buy more from this store.

found a glock 17 in like new condition and a couple new 17 rd mags & a hardshell case for 400 saturday at the clackamas store.very fair dealers,seems they usually have what ive been looking around for almost every time,and cheaper than other stores to boot.

Just picked up a JC Custom Colt Series 80 Government model from the tigard store a week ago. Theres one salesman that works there that seems younger in age then everyone Ive seen, he sounds like used car seller when he hands guns down from the wall. Other then him I like the place, fun little shop and cute paperwork girls.

I had a chuckle when I read this. First off I love the gun broker and have for years.I have bought many very nice firearms from them and love the prices and the normal staff. I was in Friday and put a 92 stainless on layaway. The younger Guy you described was kind of a doosh. I was so exited I didn't care or I would have said something. I went in Monday an picked it up. I can't pay the full amount at once or the wife will see the statements LOL got to break them in half and I'm good. My crimson trace grips and extra mags should be here by Saturday. I have always wanted a Beretta again and when I seen the top shot pistol episode it was on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top