JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://gambler500.com/gambler-guidelines1/

I saw this rally going on as I was heading over the pass this summer. I had no idea what it was at the time, but it looked like a bunch of fun. A couple months later DirtEveryDay featured the rally on their youtube channel.

I have got to do this next year. Essentially, the premise is to buy a $500 car, and then take the gamble and see if it can make an off road style rally through the PNW. Last year it started in Portland and ended very close to where I live. The cars these guys make are absolutely awesome. One guy even made the dog van from Dumb and Dumber.

Joe, I know this would be a lot of work, but how much fun would it be to organize a NWFA rally. We could meet up at shooting spots, and do a little clean up/meet.

Last year there was a prize for the folks who picked up the most trash along the way. Some dudes brought in a mountain of shooting trash, shotgun shells, etc. The prize: a new AR.

Pumped to see this getting more attention! I started a thread before the last summer run, trying to get suggestions for shooting areas for us to clean up. (Public lands cleanup targets needed - Gambler 500)

Didn't get much traction at the time, but it worked out anyway. People showed up, and brought in a mountain of trash.
It would be awesome to make something happen with NWFA before next year's OG rally.
Here's us, and Swedish Steel:
FB_IMG_1506645716758.jpg

If you're in to the whole Facebook thing, here's a link to what went down, from a land-stewardship angle.

Don't know if'n I'll be giving away another rifle next summer, but I can promise you'll have a darn good time...

The $500 junker is a pretty loose rule. I know a guy who bought an old Toy 4x, he's a mechanic and off-roader. He turned it into a dang nice wheeler before the 'race', worth far above $500 (he put a lot of parts on it). It's all for fun and a good cause so it doesn't really matter, just an FYI regarding the 'junker' rule.

For the most part, when it comes to the Gambler, fun > rules. But here's some:

1: Don't be a d!ck. This is the only hard & fast rule (pun intended). This applies to how you treat other participants, the land/trails/roads, and folks who cross your path. Be aggressively courteous.
2: Rig should be cheap, cool, or uncapable. Or not. But keep in mind, nobody is going to think you're billy bad-arse running in a $50k Jeep, there's plenty of events for that.
3: Rig should be registered/insured/legal. Or not. You're a grown-up, make your own choices & own the results

Last Edited:
I saw tons of these cars when I was heading past Detroit to go shooting this summer.

I had no idea what the hell all these crazy cars were about, I thought it was some Mad Max convention or something.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top