JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I didn't see any posts on it.

I watched the fight.

When it comes out on replay - possibly FS1 - I recommend you watch - should you enjoy boxing.
If you have Showtime - they have it on for replay. I don't, so I can't give specifics.

Fight was pretty good - the Ref had control and Boxing was the game - connecting with scoring shots, not KO throws being winged around.

I mean, the hammerfists to the back of Mayweather head were not so great, if we are talking about "ref in control" The whole thing was a sham though, Mayweather sold it all. He was barely even breathing hard.

This fight sure reminds me of Muhammad Ali's "Rope A Dope" strategy with Foreman.
I personally think Mayweather's management team decided that 10 rounds had the best entertainment potential with both fighters coming out of the ring with truck loads of cash and no permanent injuries.

Went just as I kept telling everyone it would. One is a GREAT MMA fighter. The other is a GREAT boxer. I said as soon as they set this up. MMA will lose. You can't spend all that time and training to fight MMA and be expected to suddenly fight with all kinds of rules. Not when the guy you are fighting is proven to be top in the field when fighting with these rules.

^^Leg strikes are the deal maker, or breaker depending on how you look at it. Not sure Mayweather could have handled that.

^^Leg strikes are the deal maker, or breaker depending on how you look at it. Not sure Mayweather could have handled that.

Yep. I have watched a lot of these MMA fights. Often one good kick to the head is all there is to the fight. I have long been surprised someone has not been killed doing this. Kicks to the head are very dangerous.

Yep. I have watched a lot of these MMA fights. Often one good kick to the head is all there is to the fight. I have long been surprised someone has not been killed doing this. Kicks to the head are very dangerous.
I was more referring to strikes to the opponents legs. Look up "José Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber - Leg kicks from hell" on youtube

Very entertaining fight, before, during and after.

It would have lasted about 45 seconds in the octagon. I'm glad they picked the ring.

There are no losers, One of boxings greatest dynasties is ended with a 50-0 record with this fight. We got a great show. Both fighters made millions. Conor Mcgregor put on a great underdog show, MMA didn't lose any fans. Both were good sports after the fight.

I didn't watch the fight but I heard it was good. I also heard that McGregor looked really winded by the 9th and 10th rounds. I am glad that it ended up being a good fight for those that had the opportunity to watch.

Im a mcgregor and pacman fan myself. With that said, I respect Mayweathers record. If you count the the tabloids, then technically hes 51-0 if you include beating his wife ;). Ouch... I thought it was a good fight but wished Connors trainers had conditioned him better. Would have left a bad image in my mind forever if Connor got knocked out by knock down so I was a bit relieved when the ref called the match.

I was more referring to strikes to the opponents legs. Look up "José Aldo Vs. Urijah Faber - Leg kicks from hell" on youtube

That makes sense too. Comes down to the same idea though. A professional boxer had made a career fighting with certain rules. An MMA fighter a whole different method of fighting that he suddenly can't use. It was why I was sure the boxer would win. If it had been the revers, boxer fighting under MMA rules I have no doubt boxer would have lost. For the same reason. I used to have a lot of fun watching Rhonda. Damn that kid could fight. All it took was one real bad blow to the head and it was all over for her. I could see it when she tried to fight again, she was no longer the same fighter. It amazes me none of these MMA fights has lead to a fighter dying shortly after the fight.

All I gotta say is F**K McG.....If I see him on the streets Ima beat his azz......LOL.....:(.Dude owes me $10 worth of beer for my buddy....sigh.....

Mayweather retired boxer at 40 years old ( like 105 years old in boxing years)
Mcgregor at top of his MMA game at 29 years old.
I was suprised Mcgregor held up so well for most the fight.
The fight to me, looked like it was intentionally drawn out the last few rounds, by mayweather....Of course MMA and boxing are 2 different sports, but I recall Mcgregor mouthing off alot prior to this fight.
Old retired guy beats MMA guy (who is at the prime of his life.)
Mayweathers prize money is a nice chunk of change.

Boxing is the only loser. One thing I have not one person disagree with:

1. the undercard was chinese water torture.
2. 4 fights and no one went down once...one person flopped and tried to milk the questionable behind the head glance.
3. 3.5 hours only 4 fights...yawn
4. $100 for a fight...FU Mayweather Promotions

Same would go if they both did a bout in MMA style. Maywesther would get boot stomped.
Maywesther took the east route, played it and easy and let mcgregor gas himself.

I think mayweather could have ended it a lot earlier.

This was the same ol don king circus bonanza.

Promote the fight of a lifetime and have a decent fight, and everyone get a huge payday

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJo6Ku0vvVAhUWS2MKHQeIAlAQFgg4MAM&url=https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/mayweather-vs-mcgregor-fight-purse-the-money-each-fighter-will-bring-home/&usg=AFQjCNHrBg4HiJl7Dt4Pa-yCpSyigkcktw

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor has always been about the money. The two fighters, who made history on Saturday night in Las Vegas, seemingly took this match to rake in one of the biggest financial gains from a sporting event ever.

Now, we have a rough idea of just how much money the fighters will be making. According to contract details from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Mayweather earned a disclosed purse of $100 million while McGregor brought home $30 million, according to ESPN. It is the same disclosed purse Mayweather received for his fight against Manny Pacquiao in 2015. Meanwhile, McGregor will make a minimum of $30 million, which is nearly 10 times what he made from his last UFC against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 -- his last previous high salary.

With total PPV buys and live gate still being accounted for, both fighters could triple that number when things are all said and done. Mayweather said after the fight the live gate was tracking for $80 million, which would break the record by $8 million.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top