JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
941 passed don't become jaded or give up, keep the pressure on. In full disclosure I don't have any affiliation with OFF, other than donating what little I have but my hunch is there is a response in the works and OFF has been busy. Since its passing OFF hasn't let up and has supported counties or cities passing resolutions against enforcing 941. OFF has also supported recall campaigns started here by some of NWFA's own members.

today there is a new automailer on the OFF page with a "nice" message to Oregon's politicians that voted for 941, you really should check it out.
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/no-expanded-background-checks

It takes 2 minutes. Add your name and email then highlight all the senators and hit send. Refresh the page and do it again for all the representatives.... and send them all a message that "votes have consequences"

PS, those that follow OFF's facebook page might see there is a recall campaign in the works for Prozanski....

Done. About a year from now, it will be time to start reminding everyone of the consequences of putting one party in this much control. Remind ALL gun owners that they need to get their lazy a$$es out and vote, and to vote pro-gun, no matter their political affiliation.

It amazes me that I'm still meeting gun owners that are just hearing about SB941 for the first time from me, and they're shocked to find out what they missed. Some have even admitted to voting for the rat ba$tards that passed this BS legislation. Obviously many gun owners don't frequent forums like this, may not be members of the NRA or OFF, but only now are learning they have, through their actions or inactions, allowed a law to pass that has further restricted rights they enjoyed - at least until now.

I can only hope that 2016 will see a serious reversal of power in Salem, along with a clear message to all that voted in support of SB941 that yes, there are consequences.

I was talking with a friend this weekend who is on the Canby City Council. I was asking about their recent resolution against SB941. He said they've taken some heat over their decision, but are getting a lot of support too. I thanked him again for his work against this bill and asked him to personally thank the others on the council that supported this resolution.

It amazes me that I'm still meeting gun owners that are just hearing about SB941 for the first time from me, and they're shocked to find out what they missed. Some have even admitted to voting for the rat ba$tards that passed this BS legislation. Obviously many gun owners don't frequent forums like this, may not be members of the NRA or OFF, but only now are learning they have, through their actions or inactions, allowed a law to pass that has further restricted rights they enjoyed - at least until now.

this is what im seeing too, and the root cause of the problem. It really needs to be adressed but I dont know how.... in the past Ive never felt comfortable intereferring with friends or acquaintences political beliefs. This year ive tested the waters with a few friends to try to open some eyes.... its amazing how some gun owners can be so passionate about other political topics but have no idea whats going on with their gun rights.

my favorite eye opener was explaining that if you wanted me to return the gun I borrowed from you that YOU have to pay for AND PASS a background check....

this is what im seeing too, and the root cause of the problem. It really needs to be adressed but I dont know how.... in the past Ive never felt comfortable intereferring with friends or acquaintences political beliefs. This year ive tested the waters with a few friends to try to open some eyes.... its amazing how some gun owners can be so passionate about other political topics but have no idea whats going on with their gun rights.

my favorite eye opener was explaining that if you wanted me to return the gun I borrowed from you that YOU have to pay for AND PASS a background check....

I ask every gun owner I meet now if they're on NWFA, or if they are members of OFF or the NRA. Any of those things will help keep them informed. I came to this forum because a member bought a gun off me through Armslist and suggested I join NWFA. That was a couple of years ago, and now I'm more informed about gun issues than I've ever been before.

I agree with your approach. We may not change people's overall political views - that is pretty darn rare. If we have any hope of turning things around in 2016, it will take a lot of one on one conversations between active and informed gun owners and those that enjoy their rights, but simply don't stay informed. It should be interesting to see if we can manage a turnaround in 2016. I'm hoping enough folks are pissed not only about the loss of their 2A rights here, but about other issues that they'll send the current majority packing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top