JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The explosion of the Delta variant is going to cause a retightening of restrictions and eventually another lockdown. Don't expect public schools to resume full in person schedules this fall, they're already setting that up…
Have you been seeing the way Australia has even sent the military in to make folks stay home? $500 fine if you don't wear a mask. Covid tyranny is just like a war but folks don't see it yet but they will. :s0093:

Qq
All right, I watched "Threads" again last night, just like I "promised" I would. Damn, that's a disturbing flick...

One question for those really familiar with this movie. It's patently obvious that Jimmy dies somewhere along the line (so no spoiler there) and Ruth makes it practically all the way to the end, but in what scene does Jimmy bite the dust? These guys in this film "all look the same to me" :s0140: and they get really hard to distinguish as time goes by cuz of the depredations and tribulations, but I never actually saw nor remember when Jimmy dies. His mate Bob makes it nearly to the end, as evidenced when he accidentally meets up with Ruth about 3/4 of the way through. But WTH happened to Jimmy? He was a frick'n star, FFS!
Dammit, Sobo, are you really going to make me watch this again just to try to find out? Man, tha's just disturbing for both of us. This is as far as I can go right now:

Last Edited:
These Final Hours
Found it last night whilst perusing the innerwebz looking for another apocalyptic flick to consume.
Australian, from 2015, and you'll need to sign in cuz of the content (there's some T&A and some pretty gruesome killings).
Oh, and the language those Aussies use! My Lordy! :eek: :s0140:

This is a free version, but you'll have to suffer through some ads periodically because of that.
They weren't all that often and went by pretty quick, too.
Enjoi...

Oh, almost forgot... They're speaking Aussie English, but if it's too hard to catch the dialog, you can turn on subtitles. :s0155:

Last Edited:
These Final Hours
Found it last night whilst perusing the innerwebz looking for another apocalyptic flick to consume.
Australian, from 2015, and you'll need to sign in cuz of the content (there's some T&A and some pretty gruesome killings).
Oh, and the language those Aussies use! My Lordy! :eek: :s0140:

This is a free version, but you'll have to suffer through some ads periodically because of that.
They weren't all that often and went by pretty quick, too.
Enjoi...

Oh, almost forgot... They're speaking Aussie English, but if it's too hard to catch the dialog, you can turn on subtitles. :s0155:

U may want to also check out "Jericho" mini series if you haven't seen. It was a great show until they had the writer's strike. Those last episodes were utter garbage but before that it was well done (for mini series of that era, I mean). They stopped after second season in the middle of the writer's strike which was unfortunate. Kind of like battle star galactica series (same writer's strike) they had to wrap it up in one or two shows which leaves kind of a strange ending.

Kind of mini series/tv actors and kind of a soapy feel vs theater film quality. It had a tense "red-dawn" kind of feel to the storyline. One of the lead actors was very good he played "Sol", one of the jewel thieves/fences in the movie "Snatch". It was a home grown nuke attack by power players in gov on select US cities. Government takeover, big corporations funding things sort of story. USA was split into two countries, and Texas was a third sovereign nation.
Also "the road" if u haven't seen. A warning though, it's extremely graphic, human cannibalism, violence, etc. NOT for kids at all this one.

Last Edited:
U may want to also check out "Jericho" mini series if you haven't seen.
I haven't seen that. I haven't watched "pay" TV since 2005, so it'sunlikely that I will ever see it unless it becomes free.
Plus, I've never been a big fan of series (other than Star Trek and its variation incarnations over the years). miss one episode, you're lost...
Also "the road" if u haven't seen. A warning though, it's extremely graphic, human cannibalism, violence, etc. NOT for kids at all this one.
I love The Road. I re-watch it every couple of years. Very depressing, but I still watch it. A good story well acted.

Have you been seeing the way Australia has even sent the military in to make folks stay home? $500 fine if you don't wear a mask. Covid tyranny is just like a war but folks don't see it yet but they will. :s0093:
Most masks are decoration and theater. Many masks say, it won't prevent covid, on their packaging. Many hospital protocols have been reduced. Ask your hospital if they still have a covid ward or separate floor. I bet they don't anymore.

In the northwest part of Oregon from PDX - Cannon Beach I see more folks without masks than with. Though many still wearing. I've been blessed not to miss a day of work and even seen some things improve financially. Unfortunately my belt loops have gotten closer to the end.

I haven't seen that. I haven't watched "pay" TV since 2005, so it'sunlikely that I will ever see it unless it becomes free.
Plus, I've never been a big fan of series (other than Star Trek and its variation incarnations over the years). miss one episode, you're lost...

I love The Road. I re-watch it every couple of years. Very depressing, but I still watch it. A good story well acted.
Ah I didn't realize it wasn't free. Good to know thx. I think I watched it back when we used to have Netflix. It's probably free somewhere since it's so old but no idea where. Relating to free content I'm amazed at all the free Pluto tv and similar channels available for free with Roku or similar free services that come with TVs nowadays. I haven't had cable tv since around 1997. Only inconvenience I have run into is having to make sure antennae is working to watch Seahawks games.

Also FYI check out duboku for free newer movies and series. The title translations are kind of funny sometimes. Use chrome to translate to english. We watched mandolorian and various movies on it on the tv using the phone "tvcast" app where you cast to tv from ur phone for most any webpage. Tvcast app is free as I recall (u may know all this already just passing it along). Cheers!

tv using the phone "tvcast" app where you cast to tv from ur phone for most any webpage. Tvcast app is free as I recall (u may know all this already just passing it along). Cheers!
Casting to your TV??? o_O
I have no idea of that of which you speak. I am a Luddite.
The only reason I even have a flat screen is my buddy gifted it to me when he upsized his.
I have an old VCR and a new Blu-ray player hooked up to it. I only use this TV to watch movies that I already have or buy.

I just find that I don't have much desire nor time to spend in front of a TV.
Cut the cable back in 2005, and haven't missed any of it a single bit since.
But then again, I don't know what Kim Kardashian is wearing or what Snooky would do...

I was 15 in 1983, my Dad was just retiring from the Navy and we lived right next to the Sub Base. Growing up a Navy brat, we knew our bases were primary targets, didn't have to watch a movie to know.

I've never actually seen that movie or threads. 1983 was a great year of beach volleyball and canoeing. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

Yet another anti Regan propaganda film that was put out to terrorize the sheep. Remember all the "Regan's going to start WWIII" crud in the media while he was in office. How dare he stand up to the USSR. We are all going to die die die.

"Don't start none ....won't be none...."

Sadly, I don't think we have a choice on this one when it starts..... But I'll sit with some of you and drink H2O, whiskey, rum, and ice colds......meet you in Heaven.....

maxresdefault.jpg

I was a young soldier in West Germany ( a tanker, no less) when the movie came out. It was released a day earlier in Europe in theaters. The Green Party got a lot of recruits after that, and riots broke out regularly in the following years. As a propaganda piece it was a winner. "Threads" was a BBC production designed to show the result of a nuclear war. It was judged so terrifying it was never released on air. Straight to video. There's not much practical knowledge to be gleaned from The Day after. The attack is depicted as all ground bursts (ridiculous) and radiation lingering for weeks (improbable). I'm still not sold on nuclear winter, either. The activist scientists made several glaring errors in their research. As drama they are entertaining.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews