JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watched it again last night, launched from this thread right here, from the OP's Post #1. Thanks for the reminder, CG! :s0155:

Think I'll watch "Threads" again tonight. Getting that "apocalypse feeling" again...

All right, I watched "Threads" again last night, just like I "promised" I would. Damn, that's a disturbing flick...

One question for those really familiar with this movie. It's patently obvious that Jimmy dies somewhere along the line (so no spoiler there) and Ruth makes it practically all the way to the end, but in what scene does Jimmy bite the dust? These guys in this film "all look the same to me" :s0140: and they get really hard to distinguish as time goes by cuz of the depredations and tribulations, but I never actually saw nor remember when Jimmy dies. His mate Bob makes it nearly to the end, as evidenced when he accidentally meets up with Ruth about 3/4 of the way through. But WTH happened to Jimmy? He was a frick'n star, FFS!

I recall watching The Day After and Threads back in the early 90s, I was a sucker for any type of apocalypse movie.

What did I learn from them?, a nuclear war would suck. Big time.

Yeah, it sure would!

I had that same draw to apocalypse films, BITD. Still do, as a matter of fact... o_O

I had that same draw to apocalypse films, BITD. Still do, as a matter of fact...
In my case it was survival based/apocalyptic novels! Especially when I was overseas. On the small base I was at we had a small bookstore/exchange program and lots of these were floating around and I read some good ones at the time in the late 80's !

In my case it was survival based/apocalyptic novels! Especially when I was overseas. On the small base I was at we had a small bookstore/exchange program and lots of these were floating around and I read some good ones at the time in the late 80's !
Ever read Lucifer's Hammer from 1977?
It was the very first book in the apocalypse genre that I read.
Still have it, actually. Might hafta give it another read. Haven't opened it in decades...

Lucifer's hammer.JPG

Ever read Lucifer's Hammer from 1977?
It was the very first book in the apocalypse genre that I read.
Still have it, actually. Might hafta give it another read. Haven't opened it in decades...

View attachment 1001713
For me it was Robert Merle's Malevile. A french post apocalyptic novel about surviving after a nuclear war, in a french castle.

91JvE3JLQzL.jpg

That one needs to come to his or her own terms with what they are prepping for and the aftermath they want to survive in.
That movies, regardless of the level of gruesomeness and "realism" will not reflect the reality of the actual situation.
That it won't be a romanticized Red Dawn, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, or even Mad Max.
That the Twinkies and ammo will eventually run out.
That 3-6 months in an underground bunker will not be enough time for "it" (what ever "it" is) to blow over. If a 99.9% survivable virus can throw the world into social and economic turmoil for over a year and a half (so far), what do we expect will happen after a nuclear event or an actual pandemic?

That one needs to come to his or her own terms with what they are prepping for and the aftermath they want to survive in.
That movies, regardless of the level of gruesomeness and "realism" will not reflect the reality of the actual situation.
That it won't be a romanticized Red Dawn, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, or even Mad Max.
That the Twinkies and ammo will eventually run out.
That 3-6 months in an underground bunker will not be enough time for "it" (what ever "it" is) to blow over. If a 99.9% survivable virus can throw the world into social and economic turmoil for over a year and a half (so far), what do we expect will happen after a nuclear event or an actual pandemic?
It's my opinion we are living through a war pandemic with covid. War won't end until one side surrenders.

In most of the survival movies they don't show an enemy taking territory, just folks dieing.

Once the nukes or biological warfare has done its job the enemy will move in.

It's my opinion we are living through a war pandemic with covid. War won't end until one side surrenders.

In most of the survival movies they don't show an enemy taking territory, just folks dieing.

Once the nukes or biological warfare has done its job the enemy will move in.
Exactly. And one of the major goals during war is to cut off the enemy's supply lines because their ability to resist lasts only as long as their will and supplies hold out. One could say that by sheltering in place and locking down we are cutting off our own supply lines, and that by consuming daily propaganda (MSM) we are cutting off our own will.

Exactly. And one of the major goals during war is to cut off the enemy's supply lines because their ability to resist lasts only as long as their will and supplies hold out. One could say that by sheltering in place and locking down we are cutting off our own supply lines, and that by consuming daily propaganda (MSM) we are cutting off our own will.
A lot of consequences come along with the 15 day defeat the curve that lasted over 400 days. Here the vaccines are not working and they punish the healthy. Its my opinion we are losing the war. Still a lot of people won't agree with any of my opinion but we will know for sure pretty soon. :s0093: This is what war has become, no nukes or it destroys the world.

A lot of consequences come along with the 15 day defeat the curve that lasted over 400 days. Here the vaccines are not working and they punish the healthy. Its my opinion we are losing the war. Still a lot of people won't agree with any of my opinion but we will know for sure pretty soon. :s0093: This is what war has become, no nukes or it destroys the world.
The explosion of the Delta variant is going to cause a retightening of restrictions and eventually another lockdown. Don't expect public schools to resume full in person schedules this fall, they're already setting that up…

I had never seen the movie. Thanks for posting...watched overt the past few day. Cheerful, sarc/ off.

It was actually interesting. They our grand kids will be re-watching the covid version in 2050.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top