JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what you want more interference the fed does enough,

I would turn that around and say that keeping such talk off here will keep the Feds off here.

we don't need some blank on the forum to police us. The forum members have NO business policing or interfering with the sale or anything of other members.

I disagree, if it is posted in print here we have a duty to do something about it.

What people do that is not posted or PM'd here is not a concern, we are all adults here and we are all responsible for our own actions.

The thing is I get email nearly everyday from sellers telling me of buyers here that are PMing them knowingly trying to get them to do FTF cross boarder deals. That isn't allowed and the people that PM us and inform us don't appreciate having someone ask them to break the law.

Let me use a comparative example, say two people you don't know very well came over to your house, now these two people are sitting in your living room. Well what would you do if these two guys started making arraignments to meet up to do some kind of drug deal? What would you do? I know what I would do, they'd be out of my house so fast they wouldn't touch the stairs on the way out!

Well that's what you should consider NWFA, your livingroom.

You ignored the key sentence on that page: "unless the purchase or transfer violates the law of . . . the United States."

I'll let someone else cut and paste the whole law, but I will tell you that it's legal to purchase a rifle or shotgun in an adjacent state only from an FFL.

By the way, it's just plain STUPID to depend on sites like that for legal advice - especially in situations where a mistake can land you in federal prison for 10 years.

You ignored the key sentence on that page: "unless the purchase or transfer violates the law of . . . the United States."

I'll let someone else cut and paste the whole law, but I will tell you that it's legal to purchase a rifle or shotgun in an adjacent state only from an FFL.

By the way, it's just plain STUPID to depend on sites like that for legal advice - especially in situations where a mistake can land you in federal prison for 10 years.

I tell you one thing about buying from another state;

When I was stationed down in Arizona, I kept my Oregon DL for insurance reasons (i.e. Arizona car insurance is CRAZY high), and I went three years without buying one firearm, FFL or FTF!

When I PCSed to Michigan, I changed my residency and DL to Michigan and got back into the game... (Crazy cheap insurance, No Fault)

It is not hard to follow the rules: Did I have the chance to buy; Yes... Did I? NO

Hi guys.

I found this thread on here, and have seen lots of other threads saying FTF cross-border deals are illegal, but I have not found any sources that show that. In fact, I have only been able to find ones that are the opposite.

Can someone please post the actual law information on this, from either states law website?

I present to you:

Gun Laws in Oregon - What are the Gun Laws in Oregon

Try looking here ---> http://www.northwestfirearms.com/fo...stionable-activities-nwfa-classified-ads.html this thread is a "sticky" at the top of the page.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top