JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up my first M95 carbine off of gunbroker 2 weeks ago. Also bought a Steyr M95 8x56R rifle last week from a pawn shop. The carbine had about 5lbs of cosmoline on/in it. After 40-45 mins of cleaning I was finally able to get majority of the cosmoline off. I know you have to use some force to pull back, but after I removed the cosmoline, it's EXTREMELY hard to pull back. After you cock it, you can pull the bolt back like normal, but if it's not cocked back,,, it's a 🤬 to pull back. Before I cleaned the cosmoline off it would pull back with little force. To me it seems like it's dragging across around the bolt release area, right above the trigger. I've got REM oil ,, 3n1 machine oil,, Hobbs lube on it but it's still not right. The rifle is no problem. Wouldn't say smooth as silk but it's more like what I've been seeing in videos about it. Any suggestions/ ideas what might be going on??

Much appreciated.

:s0122:

I have also edited your thread title to be more descriptive.

I would start with using grease, oil isn't for bearing surfaces.

Ok, I tried the grease when I got home. Doesn't seem like it helped that much. It could be just the way that gun is idk, I'm just comparing it to the rifle and there's a difference in the 2 for sure. I guess just fire a few rnds thru and see if it'll knock something loose other than my shoulder.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top