JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
May not want to hear it, but I'd recommend waiting and saving some more money to get into a $500-550 option. I'm a fan of used Glocks.

Actually, the best advice I can give is to go shoot everything at a local range that rents guns. Decide which one you like best and save your money to buy that. You can find some used quality guns in the $325 range, but most of the good stuff is going to be $450 and up.

Good luck!

Probably a Kahr CW9093, its about $375.

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm, is around $330, a lot of people seem to have good success with these.

Ruger SR9C is a good platform : around $420

Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Spl+P : around $360

as far as glocks go you can get a police trade in for around 375.00 check out cdnn or coctailer on this forum he gets trade ins he has some nice kahrs right now that are all a covered stainless ive boughten a few guns from him hes a good guy

P Series Rugers are heavy, sometimes inaccurate pistols. However, for $275-325 used you could do A LOT worse. They will never have a malfunction and are accurate enough. Also, the magazines for it go right into the Ruger PC9, which is a great carbine. For a carry pistol, the Ruger LC9 will cost about $325 brand new. It is a very nice carry piece, but not something you have fun at the range with. Glock trade ins are a great price. Bump your price range up another $100-200 and the options are endless. Kip.

Smith & Wessons SW9VE can sometimes be found new for around that price. They are a good, reliable pistol with a lousy trigger.

For just a little more money you can get a Ruger SR9C as Pietro Beretta said. I paid way under $400 for mine, but I had super, heavy-duty discount coupons. (fred Meyers)

For around $400 you can get Bersa's new poly 9mm, I think it's model BP9CC. I've read good things about them and the one I've had a chance to fondle impressed me very much.
Actually, the older metal-framed Bersas can often be found at around $400, IIRC.

I think the new Caracel is around $400 also. Don't know much about them.

And there's the Stoeger Cougar, also.

As far as used Glocks are concerned, try to shoot one before you decide. Some people love them and some don't.

Ruger sr9 is the best for the price imo at the moment. And it has an amazing trigger,under 400 new.

I considered the SR9, in my area it's about 470 after tax. I bought a ruger P95 today at a local gun shop (stainless) for 325 + tax new. Brightwater ventures in Vancouver is the best place to go. Hoping i can get It by friday for range time this weekend.

Thanks for all your input

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top