Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The best 9mm for around $325

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Skwee, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Skwee

Skwee Washington New Member

Double post... my bad

2. Caleqs

Caleqs Eugene, OR Member

May not want to hear it, but I'd recommend waiting and saving some more money to get into a $500-550 option. I'm a fan of used Glocks.

Actually, the best advice I can give is to go shoot everything at a local range that rents guns. Decide which one you like best and save your money to buy that. You can find some used quality guns in the $325 range, but most of the good stuff is going to be $450 and up.

Good luck!

3. pietro beretta

pietro beretta Spokane, WA Active Member 2016 Volunteer

Probably a Kahr CW9093, its about $375.

Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm, is around $330, a lot of people seem to have good success with these.

Ruger SR9C is a good platform : around $420

Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Spl+P : around $360

4. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

p series rugers can be had in that price range. some people will bash them but I have had one for about 20 years without a single failure, ever.

5. nitestocker

nitestocker woodland washington Well-Known Member

as far as glocks go you can get a police trade in for around 375.00 check out cdnn or coctailer on this forum he gets trade ins he has some nice kahrs right now that are all a covered stainless ive boughten a few guns from him hes a good guy

6. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Aim Surplus gets Glock 19 trade ins occasionally.

7. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

P Series Rugers are heavy, sometimes inaccurate pistols. However, for $275-325 used you could do A LOT worse. They will never have a malfunction and are accurate enough. Also, the magazines for it go right into the Ruger PC9, which is a great carbine. For a carry pistol, the Ruger LC9 will cost about $325 brand new. It is a very nice carry piece, but not something you have fun at the range with. Glock trade ins are a great price. Bump your price range up another $100-200 and the options are endless. Kip.

8. bumbazine

bumbazine Newberg, OR Member

Smith & Wessons SW9VE can sometimes be found new for around that price. They are a good, reliable pistol with a lousy trigger.

For just a little more money you can get a Ruger SR9C as Pietro Beretta said. I paid way under $400 for mine, but I had super, heavy-duty discount coupons. (fred Meyers)

For around $400 you can get Bersa's new poly 9mm, I think it's model BP9CC. I've read good things about them and the one I've had a chance to fondle impressed me very much.
    Actually, the older metal-framed Bersas can often be found at around $400, IIRC.

I think the new Caracel is around $400 also. Don't know much about them.

And there's the Stoeger Cougar, also.

As far as used Glocks are concerned, try to shoot one before you decide. Some people love them and some don't.

9. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

The Ruger LC9 is hard to beat, you can pick them up new for under $350 and used for less than 3 bills.

10. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

For the price point the OP wants to stay at, used SW 3rd gen in 9mm. If you want a new gun, disregard my post.

11. chowser2

chowser2 seaside Member

if you want a cheaper gun get a hi point. has a lifetime warranty and if you look online it is very durable. however it is very ugly, heavy

12. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

PM Coctailer now while he still has some of those Kahrs.

13. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Ruger sr9 is the best for the price imo at the moment. And it has an amazing trigger,under 400 new.

14. Skwee

Skwee Washington New Member

I considered the SR9, in my area it's about 470 after tax. I bought a ruger P95 today at a local gun shop (stainless) for 325 + tax new. Brightwater ventures in Vancouver is the best place to go. Hoping i can get It by friday for range time this weekend.

Thanks for all your input