JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was born in Pennsylvania or perhaps Virginia , even Maryland can lay claim to my birth.
My Fathers were of mostly German background , dark of stock ,walnut mostly , with cunning inlays and carving...large calibers , sliding patchboxes and short barrels.

Here in the land of my birth a native tree was used most often , maple , at times with the most striking , tight grain and curl , and running the full length of my barrel...My barrel , itself lengthened and bore , made smaller....carving and inlays at first , were sparse as general rule...then grew to take on more beauty and complex in design....a metal patchbox and triggerguard were often used , mostly of brass....My sights were low , but I sent a round ball spinning far away , with deadly intent.

I became popular in use..with my measured powder charge , patch and ball , I kept the home fed , defended many a homestead and helped free a nation.

Many famous men have used me....Daniel Boone , Simon Kenton , Timothy Murphy , Christoper "Kit" Carson , Mariano Medina...Songs and stories about my use were spread throughout the land.

As time wore on I changed my looks in parts of the country...in our Southern states , I had plainer stocks , with iron furniture ...at times and places my bore became smaller , from .60 to .47 and even smaller .36 and .32 were not uncommon to find in me...
Soon my original flintlock was replaced with a new percussion lock...though in my flintlock form , I still was in use till the present day in many rifles....

Out west , my stock was often made as a half stock , walnut becoming almost as popular as the old maple....My barrel was shortened and caliber made larger... .47 , .53 were in heavy use and even .68 caliber was seen at times...
The storied names of Hawken , Dimmiick and Leman now making history...along side the older names of Dickert , J.P Beck , Melchior Fordney and many others....

Soon breechloaders made a more common appearance , both of the single shot and repeating type...And I the original American Rifle was seen less and less.

I would ask now that we are here in the 21st century , to remember that I the rifle have been here at our nation's birth...to be used with honor and respect for what I represent .
For I can indeed be put to many uses...it is up to you , to use me safely and correctly.
A freedom once lost , might never be regained.
Andy

I was just cleaning one of my rifles today. And heard the strangest thing?
You know we say ''If this old gun could only talk''? Well. He's 76 years old now. And he finally let me know what's on his mind.

And this is what he told me...………..

''I've been in the hands of a farm boy honing his skill.
The confines of a fox hole fighting for his life.

Pulled reverently from the soil near the young mans boots.
And thrown high in the air at the parade back home.

I'm there for you. As I was your father.
Please. Pray your son's don't forget me?''

Last Edited:
Sounds like the Maury Povich show!

I'd like to think that my rifles have a bit more class than Maury Povich....:D
Andy
DSC06814.jpg

DSC06789.jpg

Iron mounted.jpg

DSC06619 (1).jpg

I lay claim to some early colonists from upstate New York. Pretty wild country in those days. Father and son signed a declaration to expel British troops from Manhattan Island, well before Lexington and Concord. Both fought the British. I dearly wish their weapons had been handed down through the generations. If those guns could speak....

I have been with you since the beginning, the very birth of this great nation. I Am an American Rifle, I serve the will of Patriots, and I will continue to serve to the very end, Unflinching, Unfaltering, Unfailing!

Lol I was just get my guns ready for Saturday.
My old and knew .and we will go to the range and spend the day having a good time with all old and new. Old guns and old people .
And new guns with new people MVIMG_20180821_140746.jpg MVIMG_20181211_115953.jpg MVIMG_20181128_160806.jpg MVIMG_20180411_162412.jpg MVIMG_20180331_162518.jpg

Hopefully @AndyinEverson will be able to join me .
Lol I'm going for sure and I got a few other people that say they are going to go .
To GREENES on Whidbey island.
By the way I will put this here to @AndyinEverson I can't remember the guy lo8 cobo or something I can't remember his online name I was going to ask him if he wants to go

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top