JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been procrastinating on actually epoxying the pillars in on my new Savge and Boyd's stock. Last night I finally sucked it up and got it done. But this morning, I woke up at 5:30 with the conviction that I'd screwed it up by not getting enough release agent around the barrel nut. So I hop out of bed, skipped making coffee, and hightail it out to my shop. And I was right! Fortunately, even though the Devcon has steel in it, it's not steel, and a wedge between the barrel and forearm, followed by a sharp whack with a soft mallet solved the issue. No damage to anything, and for a first attempt at pillar bedding, it looks pretty good. Still need to do the escutcheon, and there's a little milling to do as well, but I think it's going to do the job.

Moral of the story, use WAY more release agent than you think you could possibly need, and the same goes for the modeling clay for eliminating possible key areas. Later.

Dave

ETA: And another thing, DON'T change plans mid-stream! That's what got me in trouble, I was originally just going to do the pillars, then decided to go ahead with bedding the recoil lug, since I had more than enough Devcon mixed up. Since I hadn't planned on doing the lug, I hadn't done a thorough job with the release agent. Live and learn!

Last Edited:
Dave,
Where are the photos, Dave?

I was wondering when that would show up :D. Truth is, I went looking the other day but couldn't find a tutorial on how to post photos on this forum. I always used Photobucket on other forums, but that's not happening anymore. Point me to how to post them here and I'll rectify the situation. Later.

Dave

Dave
copy (Ctrl c) then paste (Ctrl v)
Upload photos

380303-866bf0fb6bf78205b1706576ca431e33.jpg

Thanks, guys, I promise to at least try to get some pics up in the next day or so. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, was hoping for today or tomorrow, but stuff keeps getting in the way, now it looks like Monday (I hope!). Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads