JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am proud to have served, and 50 years later, still weep for my fallen shipmates. (The branch of service matters not...does the phrase "planemate", foxhole mate" really resonate?) I still have a hard time riding in a fast boat on the Rogue River, irrationally wondering if there is an amush waiting around the next bend.

irrationally wondering if there is an amush waiting around the next bend.
Its not irrational since you have experienced it.
It is to be expected , as at one time your life and the lives others depended on being able to spot said ambush.
Took me a long time not to look at ground to see just how I would do the ambushing or where I would place my MG's etc ...
All the best to you!
Andy

Thank you Veterans.
All branches. All breeds.

PANews%20BT_P-44466d37-9e78-4c9a-a8ab-1d7977ab2656_I1.jpg

vfV4cIq.jpg

Every time I come across this photo (it always pops up around Veteran's Day) of Mr. Joseph F. Ambrose it brings tears to my eyes from gratitude and sadness both.

"...Ambrose was captured wearing his own WW1 US Army 'Doughboy' uniform, helmet, and field equipment while attending the official dedication of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C., in November 1982. In addition to wearing his WW1 uniform and gear, Ambrose clutched a folded US Flag that covered the casket of his son Clement A. Ambrose, who was Killed In Action in the Korean War, on 14 February 1951."

While I do appreciate the kind words and thoughts today , I would like to take a moment a remember those who are not here with us.
Folks like my Dad and Granddad who have served and passed on.
Men like SFC. Louis Buckley JR , the soldier on my bracelet. , who never came back.
In his case he has been MIA from South VietNam since 21 May 1966.

Many of you out there may have family who have passed since their time in service or might not have come back from the service , may they never be forgotten.
Andy

Many of you out there may have family who have passed since their time in service or might not have come back from the service , may they never be forgotten.
Andy

My father, father in law and my maternal grandfather served and are now gone. Not so fortunate were two of my great, great uncles from Illinois who died in the Civil War. One was killed at Antietam and the other in Virginia in 1864. May you never be forgotten.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top