JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never been a fan of tequila, but do like the occasional tequila sunrise or margarita.

A couple of years ago, I went down to Yuma one winter to visit my folks at their winter home. Dad said he found an exceptionally good sipping tequila during one of his trips to Mexico and brought back a couple of bottles.

I reluctantly tried it, and was surprised at how good it was. And only $15 a bottle in Mexico.

Now, he brings back a few bottles for the summers in Idaho and we enjoy sipping it around a fire...

5ee9c36f308fbf8fa3a0b966bf56a3a1.jpg

I prefer the blanco and reposado, but it's a fine brand I think you will enjoy.

I may have to go get a hangover... I mean bottle of tequila, because of this thread. ;)
This one was on sale for $16. I'm usually not a tequila fan. Tastes like dirt to me haha. I do like it mixed with fruity drinks though. If I'm sipping neat, it's going to be burbon.

Edit:
Popped it open and gave it a taste. It's good! I guess it's the cheap tequila that tastes like poo.

Last Edited:
This one was on sale for $16. I'm usually not a tequila fan. Tastes like dirt to me haha. I do like it mixed with fruity drinks though. If I'm sipping neat, it's going to be burbon.

Edit:
Popped it open and gave it a taste. It's good! I guess it's the cheap tequila that tastes like poo.
Honestly I've had more expensive tequila that tastes worse. That brand is at a sweet spot of a great product for a fair price.

I had bought a bottle of don julio blanco and it was just ok. Nothing offensive, but nothing great either.
Exactly why this is the only tequila I recommend. Lunazul is so good it's dangerous, at least to me.
I have tried a lot of tequilas, but Lunazul is really the only one I recommend. They used to, and still might, offer rebates of $5 or $15 depending on how much you buy. A fifth for $11, Lunazul is my favorite alcohol! ;)

I have been on a bourbon kick recently, just because one small glass satiates my meager appetite of late.

C88F9DD5-F0EA-4596-BB85-03E369E4202A.jpeg Just an FYI, Tequila really doesn't have a worm, that would be Mezcal. Same family, but think of it like whisky and bourbon.

When I go to Mexico, I always try to pick up a tequila or two you can't get here. My current favorites-Cava de Oro and Don Malaquias Anejo. DM is local to Cabo area. You can thank me later on the Cava de Oro!
Domestically, Don Julio 1942 is outstanding and Aha Toro will be a very pleasant surprise for a blanco. FC6E713E-2EB1-420D-82A5-E0B8C4ED450F.jpeg B64A0FF8-FA5E-46D8-B425-95B22FA21EFD.jpeg

How can there be any Tequila thread with out the Red Rocker himself. Sammy Hagar and Cabo Wabo Tequila. My Favorite. I have been to Sammy's Catina in Cabo san Lucas. The very frist thing I saw when I walked in. 1,200 miles from home and there hangs a Washington license plate on the wall.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top