JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got a response from TekMat. Long story short, the gal said it is...what it is. Don't like it, return it. o_O

She more/less told me too effin bad.

I replied, brush up on your customer service skills.

Got a response from TekMat. Long story short, the gal said it is...what it is. Don't like it, return it. o_O

She more/less told me too effin bad.

I replied, brush up on your customer service skills.

Wow, what a crap response from an apparently crap company. No business for them.

:D

20160406_220607[1].jpg

I like that Lyman with the sections in it, but i'm pretty lazy so my mat has to be large enough for rifles as well as pistols, it just lives on my desk.

I've found the Otis rifle mat to be very good, although black, i never have a problem with parts disappearing.
I just recently bought the Ruger mat which is faux dimond plate print, but mainly because it is a full length rifle mat (but 2 inches shy of the depth/width of the Otis) and it was on sale.

p_668000099_2.jpg

19726.jpg

I have to imagine they're more suited to general cleaning, than actually working on guns/disassembling them.

I work on a wood desk so I don't need the padding and they are white on top so parts stick out like a sore thumb and look dirty if not very clean.

10¢ each about and I can clean a few pistols or a couple rifles on them before they are trash.

I keep thinking about buying a padded mat for under them but haven't been there yet.

That's good, my desk is wooden, well, manufactured 'wooden' and thus has a hard shell over it, i need the padding of the mat for keeping parts unmarred during my messing :)

I would like to care less about where my mucky brushes spray on barrel exit though :(

I would like to care less about where my mucky brushes spray on barrel exit though

Those training pads will soak up a lot of solvent and oil:).

I also place one on the concrete floor next to my chair and use it as a 'backstop' for when I use my air compressor to blow fluids into or out of small spaces.

Oh, the padded mats also absorb (very well i might add) the solvent/oil/lube/crap combination, too, but the spray from the exiting brush is my issue.

That's mainly because my desk is in my office, so, you know, carpet, pets, wife etc... :(

Something like the training pad just draped over the barrel end might actually be a good solution to this though...

Oh, the padded mats also absorb (very well i might add) the solvent/oil/lube/crap combination, too, but the spray from the exiting brush is my issue.

That's mainly because my desk is in my office, so, you know, carpet, pets, wife etc... :(

Something like the training pad just draped over the barrel end might actually be a good solution to this though...

I can see that. I'm not sure how I would feel about an absorbent padded mat. Do you clean them or do they just get nastier? I use a lot of cleaner and oil:oops:.

I Kind of like being able to fold it up with all the used wadding and toss it in the trash and end up with a clean table (even though it's in the garage).

Thanks, F2C! It's a Swedish woodworking bench top on a Craftsman heavy duty tool chest. It has another vise on the other end! My metal working vise is on another, higher, bench behind me as I shot the image!:D

Whenever I get a big box for something, I cut 6-8 strips of cardboard, about 12"x 30" that fit my space perfectly. As each side gets too oily I turn it over...one more use. Then, when the sheet has both sides oily, I toss it and the next clean sheet is under it. I've never seen an exploded view that was useful enough to actually tear down a gun by looking at, anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top