JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard of a fine being issued because of shooting clays without a backstop (as in up in the air). Pretty ridiculous I think, until I heard it was because of bike trails just beyond the trees in the direction he was shooting. The officer said it would have been just a warning if it hadn't been for the fact that he argued and had some choice words for the officer. Still, when it came down to it, the officer stood his ground about the rule; you must shoot into an earthen berm backstop. I'm now more inclined to throw and shoot against a large hill, just in case.

The only problem with them is the bright color that stays for so long. I wish they made clays with fading paint. Ones that fade once they get wet. It makes for a messy look on the forest floor for a long time. And we all know how a messy look makes us out to be the bad guys. Tread Lightly dot org promotes picking up the pieces, however, that's not too likely many people ever will. Gotta be a solution to this someday.

At our cleanups, we tell folks not to bother with the clay pieces because it's too much and they degrade over time. That's the mutual feeling we get from the forest reps who attend.

Enjoy! Pop one for me!

Arguing with the cops is something that I can't wrap my head around in most situations. I don't think people realize that the cops literally spend the majority of their interactions arguing and/or being lied to. A good attitude and the truth has always done me pretty well dealing with them on my few occasions. I'd imagine it's a nice breathe of fresh air now and again.

At our cleanups, we tell folks not to bother with the clay pieces because it's too much and they degrade over time. That's the mutual feeling we get from the forest reps who attend.

There's absolutely no reason why clay pigeon manufacturers couldn't switch to water base color and water base glue. Crap, they have bio degradable plastic bags, packing peanuts, who know what else. Makes no sense!

There's absolutely no reason why clay pigeon manufacturers couldn't switch to water base color and water base glue. Crap, they have bio degradable plastic bags, packing peanuts, who know what else. Makes no sense!
They do make biodegradeable clays, ive picked up a few ive found (they were stamed bio...) and the orange was severely faded away from the UV... Not certain how long that took.

But they also still make non biodegradable clays for cheaper and too kany gun owners dont care about the environment to bother looking for the better ones to help with this issue.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top