JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The sorry state of shooting in Yacolt Burn State Forest on Larch Mntn. This is NOT legal shooting! You'll see why in the photos that follow. This does not promote "Respectable shooting on public land"!

If I catch you, I will turn you in. I have contacts with DNR and I know the rules. You should know them too!

:rolleyes: How can we reach these people? :rolleyes:

NOT COOL Stuff...

Will the bullet stop inside the box? (Private land less than 2 miles due West).
Not Cool 1.jpg
Hey, it's just a Gourd. What's wrong with that?
Not Cool 2.jpg
White specs are targets.
Not Cool 3.jpg

Not Cool 4.jpg
You missed this one!
Not Cool 5.jpg
But hit this one.
Not Cool 6.jpg
I cleared them out.
Not Cool 7.jpg
Even if you hit that can, where is your bullet going to end up?
Not Cool 8.jpg
Don't leave your targets "for the next guy". That's littering! Pack it out!
Not Cool 9.jpg
Targets on trees! Highly illegal!
Not Cool 10.jpg
More targeting on trees. Motor bike trails beyond!
Spent my last hour of deer hunting season cleaning this crap up. NOT COOL!!!
Not Cool 16.jpg
We have a lot of education and awareness to do. Somehow, there must be a way to get through to these kind of shooters. Send me some ideas!

Bill

maybe we should hire Terry Tate the Office Linebacker to hide in the brush next to shooting spots...

in all seriousness, I don't have any ideas how to reach these kind of folks...

How would you explain why the "white specs targets" are wrong? I ran into some target shooters last summer doing something similar. They walked their target down the hill (clearcut) a little bit, but were still shooting in the direction of the road. I guess the idea is they will see any vehicle coming and stop shooting...!

I don't think these "Slob Shooters" are reachable or rehabable, Cogs! In the past I've tried to, very nicely, explain about safety or the damage to the environment and our image. Every time it was met with hostility and I'm sure it would have been worse if I wasn't a big, imposing guy, back then! Also, I never shot alone in the woods!
I'm sure that there are folks who are just ignorant about current laws and usages, who would mend they're ways if educated. I'm firmly convinced, though, that the majority of these folks are aware of all that and are just vandals!

Just an edit to say that I'm with v0lcom! I stopped shooting in the boonies a long time ago!

How would you explain why the "white specs targets" are wrong? I ran into some target shooters last summer doing something similar. They walked their target down the hill (clearcut) a little bit, but were still shooting in the direction of the road. I guess the idea is they will see any vehicle coming and stop shooting...!
It's the part about: No person shall shoot across, from or along any road, trail or body of water. To me, those targets are along the road and that could be considered shooting along the road. Then, there is no place to shoot from except from right on the road where I took the pic from. Again, shooting from the road. Then, placing targets on trees, stumps and natural resources is not legal.

A gravel pit is just above to the right and motor bike trails come down the hill just above and left of that spot. To me it looks like you're taking a chance here. I'm sure law enforcement would write you up in this scenario.

maybe we should hire Terry Tate the Office Linebacker to hide in the brush next to shooting spots...
Ha! Best idea yet!

Thanks for posting and taking time to clean up after others , Cogs!
Only real way to reach some folks is by Leading by Example I think ...

Maybe you could post these types of pictures w/ your thoughts as posted in your OP and advertise a clean up day.
It could serve both as a shameful reminder to those who shoot like this and a notice that not everyone is a slob shooter.
Andy

I suspect that whole area will eventually get closed to shooting.Unfortunately there is just too many irresponsible shooters out there and not enough people to police them.:(

Agree were preaching to the chior here but do think the gang bangers do shoot on public lands. It doesnt make sense anyways that they would never want to try out their guns at some point...

Ive seen one youtube vid of gangbangers shooting on public lands. Needless to say they werent shooting safely at all, nor was their shooting anything of a skill builder drill. What was interesting is it didnt appear they were wearing ear pro and they laughed doing several mag dumps with an AK and other guns.

You would be wrong, slopoke! At least the LA gangs practice regularly! Unfortunately! Saw it on two different documentaries. :(

My post was a little tongue in cheek. Gang bangers of all types, including bikers have all levels. Some did time in the military. The ones that can actually shoot doubtfully waste time on drivebys.
A friend is alive today because a gangbanger couldn't clear a jam on a 380. The trigger was pulled several times. Many baby bangers used to be given small caliber revolvers for that reason (l was shown three revolvers in Jr high 11-14 yrs old).
Also not every banger in LA is from LA. A lot come from the south already knowing how to shoot. The guns come from families and extended street families. Where they get them from I don't know.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top